My husband had a conference in downtown, but we needed a family friendly hotel to share with our two small children (6 months old and 4 years old). We reserved a one bedroom suite, but upon check in, they upgraded us to a two bedroom suite which was a great surprise!! It was perfect for us. A full kitchen/living room and two separate bedrooms (each with its own full bathroom). We had lots of space and check in was nice and easy and check out was an absolute breeze.
The only hiccup we experienced was a request for a crib for our little one. We requested it when we reserved the room and then had to ask for it 4 times after checking in before it was finally brought to us. This was frustrating since it was after both kids were asleep and the baby was in our bed and we were unable to go to bed ourselves until we got it 4 hours after the first request. Fortunately, after two phone calls and two trips to the desk, the gentleman at the desk apologized and did not try and make excuses for the problem, he just solved the problem rapidly and then called to make sure everything was all set for us. All of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and helpful.
The location was great for us. Not right in downtown, but you can walk there, take public transportation or drive there quickly and easily. We had a car so this was this was perfect. It is right across the street from Lake Union. Literally right across the street is a little playground that was great for our 4 year to get some energy out. A short walk part way around the lake and you can see sea planes take off and land in the water!! Also, a couple of wonderful restaurants within one block, some right across the street and very family friendly!!
Some more of the many pros of the hotel:
- Free breakfast every day - make your own waffles, fruit, cereal, juices, coffee, muffins, yogurt, eggs, bagels, toast, and so much more!!!
- On site laundry - machines work great!! It was very reasonably priced and you can get detergent in the laundry room and quarters from the check in desk in lobby. Have been to some places where the machines are old and do not work well so this was wonderful!
- On site parking - easy and convenient parking close to lobby
- Free evening "Social" on certain week nights (when we were there it was on Mon, Tues and Wed) - after a long day of flying with two little ones, we were able to grab a quick free dinner with the kids before bedtime - salad, grilled cheese and tomato soup.
- Grocery delivery - I did not use this but my friend did. You give the hotel a list of items you would like from Whole Foods and they have the groceries delivered to your room and even put them away if you are out. She said they charged her room and attached receipt to groceries. She said there was no delivery or stocking fee for this!
- Pool - small, but indoor and they have a "kid" pool that was perfect for our 4 year old.
- "grocery" in lobby - I mean that you could purchase liquor, a couple of microwaveable dinners, yogurt and snacks right in the lobby. Limited selection, but great for a time when you are in a crunch.
Other than the crib issue, we were extremely happy with this hotel and would definitely stay here again!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union Hotel Seattle
- Seattle Residence Inn