“Perfect for family”

Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
CA
“Perfect for family”
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights last week and found it better than hoped for. the main attraction to picking this hotel was that it was the only place we could find that had 2 bedroom room 2 bath suites at a reasonable price. The room was perfect for traveling with family. The furniture was a bit outdated but everything else was clean and comfortable. The bedrooms are separated by a nice little living room and kitchen. Location is ideal directly across the street from a nice park at the waterfront and some nice restaurants . Getting to the downtown area is very easy and close. This hotel also had a great lobby to sit in . Staff were all very friendly and helpful. Parking is $25 per night which seems excessive but all things considered it was not a big deal. Overall a very good place to stay especially with family.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Stanwood, Washington
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at this location ten years ago and enjoyed my stay. I just checked out after a three day stay over Thanksgiving and couldn't have been more disappointed. The furniture was shabby, as if a dozen cats had been using the furniture as a scratching post for a decade. The bed was sagging in the middle and the linens were threadbare. Plates at breakfast had food caked on, but were in the clean pile. The carpet in the room and throughout the rest of the hotel was stained. The website advertised a "lake view" and I was given a view of a brick wall. When I pointed this out to the staff, they treated me as if I was crazy and informed me that they have no such advertisement. I checked and it exists. The staff was repeatedly rude and after I departed, I had over $700 worth of charges on my credit card including fees for parking (didn't have a car) and a pet fee (my cat passed away a month ago). When I phoned, they claimed that there was litter in the bathtub and they could only find $160 and some change in charges. Not sure where the $500+ came from. I will never stay in another Marriot again because of this experience. The manager even followed me out while I was putting luggage in the car and watched me as if I was a criminal. Shocking! Shame on you Marriot!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank sandra t
Ryan N, General Manager at Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I am so sorry to hear about your unpleasant stay, and that we did not exceed your expectations. Your experience with us is not indicative of our usual standards for service and quality. I would love the opportunity to speak with you about your stay and at the very least make sure that everything has been corrected with your billing. You can email me at rnoel@innventures.com or give me a call at the hotel.

Ryan Noel
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, USA
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I was very pleasantly surprised! Booked a 1 Bedroom Suite, Sofabed, Lake View, Balcony - bedroom & suite look out to city view including the Space Needle! Georgous w/ lights on at night, early morning is another beautiful perspective. The free breakfast was far better than expected. Wide variety of choices! & the coffee is good. I would definitely stay again if I return to Seattle. I spoke with another guest who said she is rather local and they stayr here for at least a week every year as the rooms are great and the free breakfast coupled with the kitchen in room saves them so much money on food it nearly pays for the room. Personally, I would not want to miss out on the local restaurants - however, for a family apparently the Residence Inn is optimal!

Room Tip: 710 Excellent views!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel beause we were going to a show at WaMu theatre and didn't want to drive all the way home afterwards since it would be late. This hotel is so big but it was fairly easy to navigate and I loved the rooms. I think we got upgraded to a suite because there were two rooms, each oversized with a king bed and its own seperate bathroom which was awesome for four people to be getting ready for a night out. The living room was really big too, like, you could do a cartwheel big. It had a pull out couch and nice tv plus there was a full size kitchen with fridge and all the utensils and cooking gear for basic food prep. Awesome! Oh and there was even a little balcony that we could go out on. The front desk staff were all very nice and although WaMu is a ways away, it was easy to get there because the hotel is right next to the light rail that takes you closer. The lady at the front desk was really nice explaning how to use that since we hadn't before. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I booked this hotel because I was traveling with a friend, and with an 8 night stay, we wanted to be together in the same room but also wanted to enjoy some privacy as well. The Residence offered 2 bedrooms and 2 separate baths, plus a full kitchen and living area. It was like our own little villa. The bonuses were many. I spent a long time researching downtown Seattle rates and rooms, and even though this location was a bit further away from Pike Market or the waterfront, it was still a GREAT location!!! The rate included a hot breakfast with many choices every morning, which really adds value. In addition, 3 nights of the week included a Manager's Welcome Reception that offered beverages and snacks, but these weren't snacks...the food offered could've substituted for a light dinner! Again, added value. We didn't rent a car, so we had to take other modes of transportation. The hotel is only a few steps from the Trolley, which is an advantage when it's raining and/or you don't feel like walking. Walking was great, though...it's a very walkable city. The hotel also sits on Lake Union, so it's a very pretty setting right across the street. There are a few good restaurants within a few steps as well. We felt VERY safe here. As with ANY operation of business, just as in life, you have those folks that go above and beyond, and those who just get away with doing the minimum. Unfortunately, there were a few Front Desk Clerks who shouldn't be in the customer service industry, but I just kill 'em with kindess! Overall, however, this hotel met 99.9% of my expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RENACRES
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Very friendly staff at this facility. From housekeeping to front desk everyone is very helpful and nice. Management is doing a good job!

The room is very comfortable, well furnished and the amenities are very good. Housekeeping is very attentive and accommodating when requests are left for them.

The breakfast buffet is good considering it is included. The light dinner / snack is less attractive, but it is free if you need a quick bite to each in a pinch.

The lobby area is comfortable for quick meetings. The lounge area with a fireplace and large TV is good for relaxing if you don't want to be in your room by yourself.

The pool, sauna, hot tub and workout room are well maintained and equipped.

I'll be staying here next time I'm in Seattle.

Room Tip: Rooms higher and facing the harbor/marina are the quietest and with the best views when the sun is o...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Mr_Firestone
Kingston, New York
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Spent 5 days at the Residence Inn in October and was very pleased with the entire experience. We had six women and a 17 month old in a two bedroom suite and it was more than enough room. We never cooked in the room, but filled our fridge to the brim. What a help that was with a small toddler. The coffee maker was a plus as well.

The morning breakfast buffet is the best selling point of this hotel. The plethora of food provided was beyond amazing. Even better was being able to sit and enjoy it by the "waterfall" or take it back to the room.

The location is great. Driving to the hotel was a breeze from the airport. Parking is underground, and while it's $25 a day, at least you don't have to worry about your vehicle. The trolley stop is literally a short walk away and it takes you to very convenient drop off locations (even Whole Foods for shopping). One thing that I do wish was closer was a non-fancy restaurant. Yes there are a ton of places to eat right at South Lake Union, but nothing super kid friendly.

Only complaints about the whole stay/hotel: The pool is NOT heated. This was a big surprise and led to an upset toddler. The pool itself is nice, its keep in mind it's cold in winter. Only other issue was the crib. My son refused to sleep in it as it was very squeaky and the mattress was lumpy.

But seriously, other than those two issues, this place is FAB!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family