Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Seattle(Seattle)
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsacross the streettwo bedroom suitelake viewstreetcar stopfull kitchenspace needleduke's chowder housestove topsmall balconyyogurtlaundry roomfree breakfastfront desk staffsofa bedpublic transportationgreat propertystreet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I traveled to Seattle to celebrate my Birthday and took my three dogs with me. I called ahead as I know the Marriott is especially good at accommodating pets who are traveling with owners. We not only had fun here, it's in a great location so I could walk the dogs and get them the exercise they need. It's the staff I wanted to rave about, higher than five stars actually. Such positive and helpful people who are truly professional. My dogs were very good, and the hotel staff complimented me on them, guests went out of their way to come over and pet my lovable Borzoi who relished the attention. It was so good I decided to stay an extra day because the whole stay was enjoyable. Marriott truly does care about guests and goes out of their way to make everything right. Even, as we were leaving, I was carrying a few packages down to our car, one of the Hotel staff who was vacuuming the rugs in the lobby, stopped what she was doing to come over and offer to help me carry the packages. When I told her I was okay, she still went ahead of me and held open the doors to get to my car. This was a first-class stay I will never forget, and I thank all of the staff and help that work together to make the Seattle Marriott Residence Inn a truly five-star place to stay.

Room Tip: Staff will help you choose the right room. For my dogs and the need to go out regularly for exercise, they gave me a second story room which was very handy to the elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ken N
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall, we had a nice experience at the Residence Inn. The continental breakfast was definitely a bonus. We had a nice view of the lake and right across the street is the streetcar which takes you to downtown. The only thing was was annoying was the construction that they were doing in the area (which was beyond the hotel's control).

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelingCee
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent a lovely time there over Valentine's Day weekend. The room was beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast one of the best available. Quiet is the rule, here. Suitable for both business and recreation, I would gladly stay here again. The downtown trolley runs from near Westlake down to Lake Union (10 min ride) and only a short walk to this location. Or, do as we did, walk the length both ways. The neighborhood is upscale residence and Amazon (located in the adjacent blocks). Service is excellent, food way above average and location just off the beaten track but close in

Room Tip: The general locations lends itself well to quiet. If a light sleeper, ask for rooms away from Lake Union.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elgreco251
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Residence Inn is always solid. The staff at this one is friendly, especially in the new Tap Room. Breakfast in the morning is good, with lots of choices, even if they are a little slow getting restocked. This is one of the first places I'd recommend against getting the view room. The loading dock is in the front of the hotel and trucks backing up in the morning are a bit jarring. Our room was missing the usual binder telling us about local places to eat, but, with free WIFI, I guess we can find it ourselves.

Marriott has decided to torture guests. It started with their Courtyard brand, and now RI is replacing the fairly comfy couches in the suites with straight sided torture devices they call couches. Whoever is heading up their interior design department should be fired.

Room Tip: A view room will give you a nice view of the lake to relax you in the morning, but the delivery trucks in the early morning will wreck your morning.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JMPInstructor
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Location, convenience, comfortable, welcoming....all these things describe the Residence Inn across from Lake Union in Seattle WA. From the time you step into the lobby until you're ready to leave, it's like family greeting you and then bidding you farewell. Whenever we go from Connecticut to visit family, mostly our son and granddaughter, this is where we stay. The hotel is big, and high, but always comfortable. And the complimentary breakfast is spectacular and delicious. It is also right across the road from the lake and the best chowders any place else, even in New England, and great fish dishes. The location is also convenient to the City and to getting downtown. Try it, you'll love it.

Room Tip: We prefer higher floors and the side overlooking Lake Union is best.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family