“Excellent value for the area”

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent value for the area”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We travelled as a party of six. Got the 2 BR suite which was super large. Room cost $350 plus tax, but was a better value compared to other area hotels which were charging $200 plus for single rooms. Spacious kitchen, excellent breakfast and convenient to everything. Parking was not free--cost $27 which I thought was a bit steep, but this is Seattle so I have to get over it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Korean first
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is a wonderful hotel, I have stayed here several times over the years. They have great rooms a wonderful breakfast and helpful staff.

I have always parked on the street behind the hotel. One of the cars in our party had a window smashed and a bag taken. A second car was also vandalized that night. The front desk told us that this has become a growing problem and normally they warn the guests when checking in.. This was not mentioned to anyone in our party.

This will not stop me from staying I will pay the extra to park inside.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Gilbertown, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at this Marriott Residence Inn. We were able to stay in a Suite with a Balcony. The Balcony overlooked Puget Sound Marina; We sat outside all evening watching the many, many, many sail boats sail around in the Harbor. Extremely clean rooms, great beds and helpful staff! Thankx

Room Tip: Balcony Room are the best as you can view the Harbor activity!!!
Riverdale, New York
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Our family is in the process of relocating to Seattle form the east coast, and we had the pleasure of staying at the Residence Inn Lake Union last week.
The hotel and staff made this stay excellent for us. Firstly, they were so kind and made sure we get a complimentary upgrade to a larger room – which was amazing! (originally booked 1 BR - got 2 BR, with Lake view)
Then the Sales Manager reached out to us, was super-nice, provided tips for local places to visit, a complete list of the activities and must-see areas, and even wanted to meet us in person, say hi, and welcome us to the area.
Great staff, very nice and clean hotel, great value for our costs.
Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: If you are a Marriott Rewards member, ask for an upgrade - you may get it. All rooms have a full-si...
Green Features: In your room you will have recycling bin as well as trash bins. You are also reminded that if you wish to keep your towels and not wash them daily - you can.
2 Thank Me-Like-World
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I traveled to Seattle to celebrate my Birthday and took my three dogs with me. I called ahead as I know the Marriott is especially good at accommodating pets who are traveling with owners. We not only had fun here, it's in a great location so I could walk the dogs and get them the exercise they need. It's the staff I wanted to rave about, higher than five stars actually. Such positive and helpful people who are truly professional. My dogs were very good, and the hotel staff complimented me on them, guests went out of their way to come over and pet my lovable Borzoi who relished the attention. It was so good I decided to stay an extra day because the whole stay was enjoyable. Marriott truly does care about guests and goes out of their way to make everything right. Even, as we were leaving, I was carrying a few packages down to our car, one of the Hotel staff who was vacuuming the rugs in the lobby, stopped what she was doing to come over and offer to help me carry the packages. When I told her I was okay, she still went ahead of me and held open the doors to get to my car. This was a first-class stay I will never forget, and I thank all of the staff and help that work together to make the Seattle Marriott Residence Inn a truly five-star place to stay.

Room Tip: Staff will help you choose the right room. For my dogs and the need to go out regularly for exercise...
Green Features: This is a clean, quiet, environmentally friendly establishment.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Ken N
West Covina, CA
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall, we had a nice experience at the Residence Inn. The continental breakfast was definitely a bonus. We had a nice view of the lake and right across the street is the streetcar which takes you to downtown. The only thing was was annoying was the construction that they were doing in the area (which was beyond the hotel's control).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank TravelingCee
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent a lovely time there over Valentine's Day weekend. The room was beautifully furnished and very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast one of the best available. Quiet is the rule, here. Suitable for both business and recreation, I would gladly stay here again. The downtown trolley runs from near Westlake down to Lake Union (10 min ride) and only a short walk to this location. Or, do as we did, walk the length both ways. The neighborhood is upscale residence and Amazon (located in the adjacent blocks). Service is excellent, food way above average and location just off the beaten track but close in

Room Tip: The general locations lends itself well to quiet. If a light sleeper, ask for rooms away from Lake U...
Green Features: The general practice is applied where you are invited to ask for linen change, the default is to change every third day automatically.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple