Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
  • Pool
Pan Pacific Seattle(Seattle)
  • Fitness centre
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsacross the streettwo bedroom suitelake viewstreetcar stopfull kitchenspace needleduke's chowder housestove topsmall balconyyogurtlaundry roomfree breakfastfront desk staffsofa bedpublic transportationgreat propertystreet parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Our family recently spent 6 days at the Residence Inn/Downtown Seattle/Lake Union. The Inn provides excellent service, rooms, and value. Our family of four adults and one infant shared our two-bedroom suite. This was perfect! The other two adults shared a one bedroom suite.

Since we were part of a family reunion/wedding (24 people), from Arizona, Missouri, Indiana, Florida, and Texas we were able to meet for breakfast in the large atrium. The breakfast is wonderful -- not your typical "breakfast included." The breakfast buffet is comparable to a sit-down restaurant. We also met in the atrium every afternoon for coffee, visiting, and sightseeing plans.

The desk is extremely helpful and the housekeeping staff is wonderful.

The Inn is a perfect for families!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2010

We enjoy the Residence Inn brand when we're traveling with our kids, and this one didn't disappoint. We took a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite which provided the perfect break we all needed from each other about half-way through our 2-week-long trip. The kids each got their own queen-sized bed and their own bathroom, and we had our own bedroom with a king, separated from their room by a spacious living room and full kitchen. And our own private bathroom as well. Ahhhh....

The hotel has everything you need, especially when traveling with kids: a swimming pool and guest laundry being high on the list (only wish there were more washers/dryers -- 4 washers and 6 dryers were too few for a hotel of this size). The hot and cold breakfast buffet was more than expected, and the staff couldn't have been more helpful, especially in assisting us in planning a complicated route through the city using public transportation. Parking is available for $19/day and the garage (we used the upper garage for SUVs) opened right into the lobby, making the transfer of luggage a breeze.

While the hotel is not right in the city center, there's a trolley just outside the front door which runs constantly and takes you right there. I didn't see much advantage to staying in a more expensive hotel with fewer amenities which might have been a hair closer to all the action.

The only negative comment I can make regards the business center. I would swear the internet connection was dialup. Can that be possible? It was so slow I finally gave up trying to catch up on some email communications.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Eohippus
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We picked this hotel so we could see the fireworks on the fourth while we were in Seattle- without having to fight crowds and traffic. Upon arrival they were giving the kids little toys of a certain cartoon character- which is a seet gesture- and this cartoon character is very popular-but my little ones dont care for it and think it uses some less than polite humor-so they just declined nicely. Well the staff (Mary)thought it was so nice that my middle one would speak up and have some manners depsite the pressure to like these kinda things that they went out of their way to make up a little treat of cookies and juice- and one for his little sister. WOW for hotel staff to go out of their way for one guest with no expectation from the guest- I just can't say enough what an impression this left with us and my kids. Great location to see the fireworks- just walk out the door! There is also a park across the street and plenty of resturants that you can try without ever needing a car! Clean rooms- nice kitchen with everything you need for bringing in food- from Pikes Place or the nice QFS up the street! We slept in a few mornings- I mean really slept in! and housekeeping had our room ready and in perfect shape after we had finally gone out. I appreciate that kind of service- since I dislike making housekeeping wait and try to never do that-but once in awhile you just end up sleeping in and they were so accommodating. Nice lobby area- they have breakfast, but like I said we slept in so we missed it! Due to the perfect staff and great location we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank threecharm
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Good chance to get room via Priceline . Each room is a suite with living room and bedroom with single king size bed . A lot of space with dishwasher, microwave, large home size refrigerator , deserve to be 5 stars. I love the morning buffet breakfast . It is the same as Embassy suites breakfast .
Right out of hotel , I can take the street car ( electric bus ) to go downtown Westlake center ) for $2.50 one way . It is a frequent bus and very quiet and enjoyable air conditioning ride . Parking in Seattle is night mare and rip off for tourists , $10 per hour . Food at Pike market is over priced and dirty . I rather buy food at Westlake center at food court. It is clean , a lot of choices and price competitive . Also you can take monorail to Space Needle center from Westlake center top floor .

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank pthang
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I love this hotel! We (my husband and 3 small kids) have stayed here a few times and just love it. We get the AAA rate on a 1 bdrm which has a sofa bed and room for a pack n play. The rooms are very spacious with a kitchenette, living room, small kitchen table, a desk, patio, and a master bedroom with 1 full bath. Can't beat the location either, looking over Lake Union right next to bus stops and the Streetcar stop.
There's a landry room, pool (with a perfect 3ft seperate kiddie pool), small market and free breakfast in the morning.
Mon-Wed they also free dinner, like soup and salad it BBQ night with free alcohol. The hotel will even do grocery shopping for you at no extra charge!
The only thing that needed improving was the mattress ad there was a hump in the middle. I kept meaning to ask the hotel to flip the mattress but kept forgetting.
I will stay here again!!
P.S. If you ask for a room on the north wing with the lake view you can also see the Space Needle!

2  Thank 1mocos