“How Can They Legally Charge For Parking!!!???” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Idaho
“How Can They Legally Charge For Parking!!!???”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2011

Hotel was nice. Rooms were great. Breakfast was best I have ever had at a hotel. Parking situation was a nightmare! Not sure how they can legally charge $26 to park in a garage where the spaces are too small and tight to actually park in. Turning radius was so small I had to go back and forth 12 times to get turned into it. Even the small cars were so close together that I'm sure everyone had door dings. Only way I would stay there again would be if I didn't have a car. Seemed a bit greedy to try and fit that many spaces in.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Korean first
North Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

After a weekend in Vegas my girlfriend and I needed a break, so we drove down from Vancouver to drop a friend off at Seatac and stayed the night here.
Unexpectedly great.
Super professional and really friendly front desk staff.
Reception for us at 5:00 with a free stocked salad bar!
Free breakfast with a serious selection ( eggs, bacon, muffins breads etc, waffles, juice and coffee )
Big, clean rooms with flat-screens in all 3.
4-5 good,popular restaurants across the street on the water/marina.
Will be back soon.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2011

While the location isn't very central, the hotel is great value for the money, especially if you don't go during peak times. The rooms are very large, have great views and clean. The breakfasts are also tremendous.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
madison, wi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2011

Stayed here in a one bedroom suite Jan. 19-23. Though I asked for a higher floor in my reservation, my teenage daughter and I were given a room in the front of the hotel on the second floor. After our long trip to get there, we were just too tired to complain. The next day, however, when I walked outside onto the balcony, I felt like I was standing in the middle of traffic - the street outside, though on the banks of Lake Union, is very busy and loud. The reception staff was very cordial and friendly, and promptly moved us to the back of the building on the 5th floor for the rest of our stay after I stated my concerns.
The one bedroom suite is somewhat smaller than what I expected, but still very convenient to have the pull out sofabed and kitchen - fully stocked. Besides a bit of a stain on the carpeting, cleanliness was not an issue. The king sized bed is luxurious.
Since we arrived on a Wednesday, we were able to partake in the evening reception (Mon., Tues., Wed. only) which on that day included hotdogs and beans - and wine/beer - included in the room rate. The daily breakfast was really quite good : make-your-own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, etc. And there's always coffee, tea, and hot chocolate available in the lobby.
The hotel is located at the end of the streetcar line from Westlake and Olive (South Lake Union Trolley) so even without a car, it is convenient to get to the downtown area ($2.50 adults, $.75 youth, senior, disabled). From SeaTac, we took the light rail to Westlake (very reasonably priced at around $4.50, adult) - a nice and convenient 35 minute ride.
All in all, a nice stay at the Residence Inn - but it's not a palace :-D
(PS This is a non smoking hotel, and curiously includes the outdoor balconies)

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank auradain
Sequim, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2011

My husband and I, along with our two dogs, stayed here in order to attend the Seattle Boat Show. The hotel is directly across the street from the show docks. We were given a free upgrade to a two-bedroom, two bath suite--a pleasant surprise! The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The beds were too soft for my taste, but then I like them rather hard. Nice decor, clean and comfortable, decent breakfast--overall, a good experience.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington State
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2011

We often stay at the Marriott Residence Inn at Lake Union when we spend the weekend with another couple in Seattle. It has suites with separte bedrooms and bathrooms and is well maintained, easy parking, Sunday breakfast in the Courtyard.

This hotel has been very well kept up over the years and is totally friendly to weekenders.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2010

I'm pretty sure this property was a Ramada or something, because the layout is of a full-service hotel. They have a beautiful lobby and dining area with waterfalls. The inside is open and the hallways look out to the main foyer. Since it was slow in October, they upgraded me to a 2-bedroom unit with a space needle view, I didn't even ask! They were so kind and helpful during our entire stay. The local area is absolutely beautiful, but I wish there were a few more good restaurants nearby. Most of the ones close were overpriced and not all that great, but we had a full kitchen so that's not a problem! We took the train from the Seattle Airport to downtown. We then caught the seattle street car on the corner of west lake and olive (it's on the ground level, right in front of Bank of America in case you get lost), That took us almost directly to the Residence Inn (get off at Lake Union Park or the one right after it).

Right across the street they have boat rentals and a lot of other water activities. You can rent kayaks up at the University of Washington if you have a car for pretty cheap. We hit up the Theo Chocolate Factory tour which a must (not even a chocolate guy, but they have the best stuff ever). You can technically walk from the hotel to downtown (we walked at around 7pm to the whole foods downtown and felt perfectly safe) but it's a bit of a trek. The food they serve for lunch and breakfast was really good, better than most residence inns. The pool area was well kept and huge compared to most in the city. They really have a top notch hotel here, and this is the best value you can get in the city. All in all, we loved our stay at the Residence Inn and can't wait to go back to Seattle!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple