“Well taken care of and yes, a great find.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Grove, West Seattle Inn

The Grove, West Seattle Inn
Ranked #57 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Victoria
“Well taken care of and yes, a great find.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed at the Grove three nights and were really pleased. Staff were great, the continental breakfast was fine, and the room was clean, updated, and cosy. All things worked.
It has easy access to the roads that get you around but despite that it is really quiet. Parks are easy walking distance and it's on the pick up for water ferry route.
When in my haste I left my only pair of shoes and called after getting back to Canada the staff had already had them put aside. On my dime of course they sent had them mailed to me-in fact, the front desk e-mailed me that the manager was at the post office and it would be cheaper if they mailed it a certain way (which I agreed) and they did so. Above and beyond-appreciated. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road. If you are on the road side it's still a very quiet road at...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank David M
TheGroveW-SeattleInn, General Manager at The Grove, West Seattle Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
It is wonderful to receive such a great review about your stay at The Grove. You have listed just about every reason to stay here in your post. The staff really does try to go out of their way to insure that all guests are happy and taken care of. I'm glad your shoes made it back to you safely and hope you didn't have to wait too long for them. We hope you will come back and visit us again.
John Coney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Camas, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Recently renovated. Clean, modern decor. Location close to everything in West Seattle. Did not use but comes with continental breakfast. All the staff from front desk to the housekeeping staff were very friendly. Will stay here again.

Room Tip: Double Queen inside room very large!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank TeriMc60
Thank you for your excellent review of The Grove. We do pride ourselves on great guest service, clean rooms and convenience to local shops and restaurants. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you back soon.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed one night when attending an event in West Seattle. Everything was very clean, and the staff most accommodating. The breakfast room (opened for us for a pre-event evening gathering), offered an ample Continental breakfast and a place for our group to gather before departing. We stay at The Grove again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Ann M
Thank you for reviewing our property on TripAdvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your short time here and hope you will choose The Grove for your lodging/meeting needs when back in Seattle.
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I fell under the spell of West Seattle a few years ago while on a pilgrimage to the flour dusted Shrine of Glutenous Gastronomy, Bakery Nouveau. I am thrilled to have found this wonderful monochrome mid-century modern motel redux nearby. It was nice to be able to stay so close to downtown, and not have to deal with Seattle’s legendary traffic and outrageous parking! I stayed here to be a bit closer to the airport and an early morning flight.

It’s neat and clean, the modern furnishings not unlike what’s in all the big hotels. Comfy beds, soft, absorbent towels, big flat screen, work desk, WIFI, leather arm chair, wooden hangers, mini-frig, coffee maker, free, off street parking. Tea and coffee is also available in the 24 hour lobby. The breakfast room, The Orchard, was bright and welcoming and had plenty of great options.

This pioneering property should spawn further interest in the neighborhood. There are some delightful old motor courts here in Dallas I’d love to see these folks take on!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank TravelnDallas
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great comment about your experience at The Grove. I have to say your review is one of the most entertaining of any we have received and you have described us perfectly for what we are. I hope you will choose The Grove the next time you are in the Seattle area.
Tauranga, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our family of four spent three nights here, the first was the best sleep (maybe because we had just finished traveling for the last 20+ hours with very little sleep). The room was clean, although small. The bathroom was tiny. I could stand in the middle and touch all four walls with my arms outstretched.

A continental breakfast was included ... a selection of cereals, hard boiled eggs, bananas, bagels, English muffins, small Danish and a selection of juices.

The friendly staff, filling breakfast and quiet sleep made up for the lack of space.

On the negative, only one pillow each, no extras in the room and no extra blankets, either. And each day we were only given three towels for the four of us. Also, no elevator. We had to drag all our bags up the outside staircases. And me, with two bad knees, coming and going was a challenge.

On the positive, there was a mini fridge and the tub was low enough for me (with my bad knees) to easily enter.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank usakiwimom
Thank you for commenting on your visit to The Grove. I apologize for the lack of space in the room you were in. Some of the physical and structural items are hard to overcome in an old property, such as no elevator and room sizes. We do have some larger units available for guests that are here for a few days or just want to spread out more. We also have all the extra amenities available such as extra pillows and blankets available with just a quick call to the front desk and we will deliver the item to your room for you. We recently installed extra towel racks in the units so there will now be enough towels for everyone in the room. I am happy that you did have an enjoyable stay despite some of the items you described. We hope you will choose The Grove for your lodging needs the next time you are in Seattle.
North Bend, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I stayed 4 nights at The Grove. The personnel were outstanding: very friendly and helpful, They always met me with a smile. The breakfast room and my room were impeccably clean. The rooms are very basic with furnishings and linens chosen with cleanliness in mind. There were no drawers, extra linen, extra furniture to catch dust, etc. I asked for another blanket because the bed didn't have a bedspread or heavy enough blanket. I got a freshly laundered blanket that no one else had used! I could tell all the linens were light enough so they could be laundered when a guest checked out and the next guest didn't have to sleep with the previous guests germs. I usually hate staying in motel/hotels because of the germs that are probably left behind on the bed linens . All the furniture was basic so it could be wiped down easily. No smell of dust. The breakfasts were great as was the coffee(Seattle's Best). I had choice of donuts, muffin, bagel, toast, yogurts, cereal, milk, juice, fruits. I will stay here again. I asked for a quiet room and got the second floor(there are only 2) in the courtyard. It was very quiet.The neighborhood seemed safe. I wouldn't go out walking at night, but I wouldn't do that anywhere by myself..

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank connie v
I'm so happy that we exceeded your expectations during your visit to The Grove. Although the property still retains the old "motor inn" appearance, the service and quality are comparable to most 4 star properties. We do launder all our bed linens and towels in house to provide the freshest and cleanest furnishings possible. Just to let you know, we do have some larger units with chest of drawers and more space if you are here for a longer visit and need extra storage space. We hope to see you back soon!
Kalispell, Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Nice remodel of an old hotel. Beds comfortable, good amenities. Great location to west Seattle and Downtown at an affordable price. Be aware the street noise will make you feel like Jake and Elwood attempting to sleep in Elwood's apartment. Seattle Buses shake the room closest to the street but on the bright side the Fire House is 2 blocks away so if you have a heart attack or enjoy the sounds of sirens you'll be happy. Ask for a room towards the back of the property.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank BornToBeMild5
I appreciate your taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. Yes, even with the remodel it's hard to eliminate all the noise that comes from being in the city on a moderately busy street. Fortunately the majority of our rooms are non-street facing with some larger suites and studio units for those who need more room to spread out. I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back soon.