“Great kayak rental spot” 5 of 5 bubbles

Northwest Outdoor Center
Toronto, Canada
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great kayak rental spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Whenever we feel like taking a break we're renting a kayak at NWOC - the gear is well maintained and the staff is knowledgeable and welcoming. The location is perfect - right in the middle of Lake Union - providing the option of a short paddle, or a long one, with great views of Seattle.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank super-explorer

Sacramento, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice paddle around Lake Union”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2012

Rented a Kayak here for a peaceful paddle around Lake Union. Great equipment. The staff is knowledgeable, helpful and friendly. Fine for beginners. Give them a try!

Visited July 2012
Issaquah, Washington
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Smooth service and reasonable prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The service was smooth and we got in our kayaks pretty quick. Their kayaks are better than the ones I had rented before at other places. They have the rudder system which makes it very easy to work with your partner if you are kayaking double as we did. Gasworks park is just 30 mins kayaking from here. You can take a break there and sit at the rocks.

They have changing\dressing rooms but no lockers. We just left our stuff in the store and that worked just fine.

Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Urban kayaking made easy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

I've rented kayaks a few times over the past several years from the Northwest Outdoor Center. Every time the staff has been friendly and helpful. This past time my husband and I showed up on a holiday weekend without a reservation and the staff fit us in. They gave us a quick helpful reminder instruction on kayaking and off we went.
I think kayaking on Lake Union is a blast. There are sea planes landing and taking off, boats and yachts wandering the waters and plenty of kayakers doing their best to dodge both. I love checking out the houseboats.
My husband prefers kayaking elsewhere in Seattle where there's less activity (there's a rental place near the UW). Personally, I think Lake Union is fun. I recommend it to tourists. It's a great way to experience the Pacific Northwest. The rental store is an easy taxi ride, long walk or a bus ride from downtown Seattle. They also rent paddle boards.

Visited September 2011