“Had to get the Stinky Tofu!”

Henry's Taiwan Plus
Ranked #1,811 of 4,079 Restaurants in Seattle
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Taiwanese
Good for: Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Houston, Texas
“Had to get the Stinky Tofu!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

So I was so disappointed by Samurai Noodles that I had to get something that would redeem the trip we made out to China Town. So...I ended going into Henry's and getting their Stinky Tofu! It definitely helped brighten up the little excursion out there since it brought back memories of Taiwan and the stinkiness of it! Heh...really made my hubby mad. I would definitely give this place a try if you're into Taiwanese food! Wish I had eaten here to start off with because then I could have ordered more.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank cincin090

Seattle, Washington
“Don't Overlook This Little Number”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

I have dined in many restaurants in Seattle's Chinatown/International District over the years. I was surprised to see two Taiwanese restaurants with similar names on the same block. I highly recommend this number over the other due to atmosphere and a wider selection to the menu. I love a good bargain and this place is truly one.

Returning from a business trip I didn't want to be hassled with anything too complicated or expensive for dinner. I strolled into this little place adjacent to the new youth hostel and was greeted in a reserved but polite manner from the server working the room. I was seated close to the door and was able to take in the whole dining room and the street scene. Nice little spot as I gazed over the dishes that other diners were enjoying. I settled on the Jasmine Rice Plate with Kung Pao Chicken. What showed up was a rather well presented and abundant array of food. The rice was plentiful, the chicken was fresh and well-seasoned, and the cold veggies on the side were a nice flavor and texture contrast to the other food items. I liked it for these reasons. It was simply a well thought out cheap eat that you could enjoy alone or take a friend to for a nice meal. Nothing fancy just damn good and priced at $6.95. Throw in the hot tea, tip and tax and dinner was ten bucks. Doesn't get any simpler than this place.

• Visited November 2012
Kyiv
“Fabulous Noodles”
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Nobody does fresh noodles like Henry's. Enjoyed savory pot-stickers, a bowl of hot seafood noodle soup (the broth was almost better than the copious noodles!) and fried glass noodles. What a lunch for two!

Our young waitress was very attentive, always keeping the icewater topped up.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank ExpatUA
Vashon, Washington
“Ugh, dirty and unsanitary”
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Had a Living Social voucher for this restaurant but before we could use it the restaurant marked our voucher "used". Called them and they claimed that Living Social made the mistake so contacted Living Social and they claim that the restaurant made the mistake. But the restaurant will not honor the voucher and Living Social will not give us a refund. So we are out almost $50.

I just looked up their King County Restaurant inspection record and their last inspection in January 2012 was Unsatisfactory and their inspection in September 2011 showed that they did not sanitize their food preparation surfaces and did not protect their food from contamination. So I guess I am glad we never ate at this place.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank P C
Vancouver, Washington
“cant beat value”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Its the 2nd time we ate here and both times were great- come hungry as you get good portions for low price. Had the taiwan staple pork chop rice both times and they dont disappoint. You will love this dish especially if you like meat- the pork chop is large compare to other joints and you dont get just one, but two large pieces. Also had stinky tofu which was good as well. It has been a must stop last 2 times we went to Seattle and that will continue. Main downside of the place is that its tiny and cramped and you most likely may have to wait. However, the service and waitresses are all very nice and accomodating.

• Visited May 2012