“A mediocre restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch
Seattle, Washington
“A mediocre restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Given the huge amount of restaurants in the area, this Indian restaurant is not even near the best. But, if you dont take others into consideration, this restaurant can cater to your needs. The tandoori platter and the naan are the best available in the district though.

It gets a bit costly

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Kavee J

New York
“Not the best meal EVER, but very VERY good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

It's a buffet lunch. Pretty inexpensive. Does not at all look inviting. The FLAVOURS however were a delight. I tried a small portion of everything and the winners overwhelmed the not so greats. There were no real losers. At least 8 different meat or vegetable entrees, multiple appetizers, salad, condiments, and an amazing rice pudding. Under $10.
The host is a gem.
I highly recommend it when visiting the U of Washington or the neighborhood. Trust me.
Good shops nearby.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank stevinazo
Ferndale, Washington
“Tasty food, quick take out service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

My family loves Indian food, so when staying in a new area, we like to try a local Indian place. Garam Masala was just a couple of blocks from where we were staying. We were tired, so we ordered from their online take out menu. They called about 10 minutes from the time we had selected to say it was ready.

When we got there, the food was boxed up and ready to go. Check out was fast and friendly. I can't say more about service, since we didn't eat at the restaurant.

The three dishes we ordered were all quite good, but not among the best I've had. The portions were a little small, but there was plenty of rice so we had enough to eat. The free pakoras were a nice touch. We ordered "medium", but I would have called the spicing mild. I'm afraid to order "hot" at a new place for fear my husband and daughter won't be able to eat it. They both thought it could have used just a touch more spice.

On the way to pick up our food, we noticed that the Thai place on the same block was doing all the business. I think we will try that one next time we are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Kathair
Seattle, Washington
“Really authentic, good value , great tast. A must try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

The best Indian restaurant in terms of value, quality, and taste from the 11 Indian restaurant I've tried in Seattle.

1 Thank Ayk143
Milwaukie, Oregon
“Welcoming and Tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

The welcoming atmosphere at this restaurant was an essential part of our dining experience. The second item was the wonderful aromas that assailed our noses upon entry. The food was well prepared and beautifully presented...just the right amount of spiciness, the rice was beautifully prepared and naan was excellent. Eat there, you'll like it.

Visited April 2012