“Third time and will keep coming back”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 8 April 2013

As the title states, this is our third time around. The service is consistently great, front desk get's you checked thru in no time..parking is great, location to the UW campus and freeway offramps could not be better (especially when the express lanes are headed in direction! Our room location this time around was not the greatest as there was only the view of the taxi cab driver staring into our room! But, yay, the wireless internet actually worked and I did not have to change properties to get my work completed!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

Dear gy820,

Well, we are very glad you have been our guest on multiple occasions and keep coming back... we will always do our best to deliver!

Thanks for all of your kind remarks about the Watertown Hotel. We look forward to stay #4!

Reviewed 5 April 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel this past week and we were pleasantly surprised at how well kept this hotel is. Our room was on the 5th floor. It had a refrigerator, coffee maker, microwave, popcorn, and coffee. Also included: Tommy Bahama shampoo, conditioner and body wash which was unusual for a hotel to offer. The best part of our stay was the free shuttle to the Space Needle, or to Pikes Market, or wherever you wish to go - except to the airport or to Pier 91 for a cruise. There's a cafe called Pineapple's in the lobby and they serve basic breakfast fast food items. We purchased coffee there every morning and if you stay there you receive a discount at the cafe. Security was excellent as you had to use your room card to end floors beyond the lobby. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the 5th or 6th floor on the south side of the building. You will have a view of the Space N...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Pearly NV,

We are so happy to hear how delighted you were with your recent stay at Watertown Hotel.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed, and were able to take advantage of some of our many amenities and hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to Seattle.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

My daughter & I had never been to Seattle and found the Watertown Hotel through Trip Advisor. It was a great place to stay, the staff was always very nice, especially the great guy who let us check in early on Friday. We stayed 3 nights and it was great to have free laundry (the staff out front had some free laundry soap and fabric softener :) The deli across the street is very convenient, it didn't jut have sandwiches, it had pretty much everything you would need and I didn't feel the prices were over inflated for fast fix foods and drinks. I really liked that you had to have a room card to go past the lobby (so did my worrying hubby back home) and the shuttle service was great. Overall, I would definitely stay again, I would just ask for a room away from Roosevelt to cut down on the noise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main entrance (Roosevelt) -- my daughter thought the sound was akin to...
1  Thank TravelingIsGreat2010
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2013

Hi Traveling is great,

I happy to agree with you and glad you enjoyed your stay at Watertown Hotel in the U--district.

The staff will appreciate the comments about how friendly they are, we do aim to please!

And safety is at the forefront here, and I am glad you felt safe and well cared for while our guest. We hope you will visit again, should your travels return you to Seattle.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

Normally I stay at a hotel downtown; however, because I wanted to avoid the traffic and construction downtown, I looked elsewhere. I am really pleased with Watertown and would consider returning in the future.

Its location gives you easy I-5 access, and there are lots of restaurants and supermarkets close by for convenience. The lobby was decorated in a cool, hip vibe. I loved having access to FREE washer and dryer usage, and enjoyed the free little cupcakes served in the afternoon. I appreciated the hotel toiletry items being contained in large dispensers (as opposed to all those little plastic bottles). Spacious room.

The rooms did not have carpets, which I felt kept the rooms much colder. Know also that parking is "free", while space is available. I am sure it is standard verbiage due to limited space. During our trip, we didn't encounter any problems at all, but had I known about this before, I may have switched hotels. The garage is your typical city sized one -- very tight corners.

Internet access was free and speed was good.

Shuttle to and from downtown was available for guests' use, which is nice. Great way to avoid expensive parking lot fees downtown!

All in all, a great little hotel.

Hi Guam paddler,

Thank you for choosing to stay with at the Watertown Hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed the hotel and appreciate our amenities.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Our stay was less than great, unfortunately.

Upon arrival, we were impressed with the look of the hotel, but things went downhill from there.

During the stay, we couldn't find the ice or vending machines. When calling the front desk, we asked about them and were told they were broken and removed, but the 2nd floor had them. Getting to the second floor, both were out of order (they could have told us that and saved the trip down). Going to the front desk, since we were almost there by then anyway, we were told no ice was available. We asked about a little toothbrush and some toothpaste that we forgot that we might be able to purchase, but were told we'd have to run down the street to the store (most hotels have little things like this for guests).

The next day, we asked about a good place to eat, and were met with zero knowledge - the girls at the front desk had no idea about any of the eateries in the area. We ended up grabbing brochures and taking a guess, instead (fortunately, that worked out).

Breakfast in the morning, the woman serving us didn't smile once, said almost nothing, and left us feeling like we'd seriously inconvenienced her for being there.

To top it off, the beds are as hard as a rock.

For $150/night, we would have been better off staying at a low end hotel for $90. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor. Views are pretty good, even if the room isn't a "View Sui...
4  Thank Paul R
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear Paul R,

I am quite sorry over what seemed to be a most unpleasant stay for you. I have personally checked the ice machines to ensure they are working properly, which they are, and we have one in the restaurant, so we should have been able to deliver some ice to you in your room at the very least.

We also have a supply of toothbrushes and tooth paste so I am unsure as to why you would have been directed elsewhere for those supplies.

Our front desk staff is generally quite helpful when it comes to recommendations as to where to eat and things to do. I certainly apologize if you felt a lack of hospitality by the staff.

I hope I will have a chance to speak with you regarding your experience to see if we can make it right by you.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stayed at the Watertown for three days while on a college tour last month. It is conveniently located near the University of Washington. While searching tripadvisor I came across this hotel and decided to check it out. On their website I found a stay three consecutive days and get the third day free! When I called to make the reservation they told me the deal had expired, but since it was still on the website they were more than happy to honor it. The hotel is clean, the rooms are very comfortable. The beds were great and there's lots of light in the rooms. There's a keurig coffee maker, a mini fridge and a safe. It was very clean. Around 5 p.m. mini cupcakes and coffee appear in the lobby (which is also very comfortable). The staff is friendly and helpful. We took advantage of the bikes they loan to guest. The parking is free and it's underground and requires a key card. Even if they don't have the special price available, it's still a pretty good deal. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear Alexandra 2011,

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Watertown Hotel, along with the many amenities we have to offer.

Due to the overwhelming sucess with the 3rd night free promotion, we have decided to re-implement this promotion for a short while longer so I am glad you were able to enjoy that special.

We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you to Seattle area again.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

First time I stayed in this hotel but I will definately be back!

Good place and it's located close to vibrant area with lots of restaurants etc.

Rooms are well equipped and internet is good!

Free parking is also really nice especially when you have a rental car.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Hi AvdV80,

Thanks for all of your nice comments regarding the Watertown Hotel.

We appreciate your positive feedback and hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Seattle!