“This nice hotel has a great location!”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #26 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Plano
“This nice hotel has a great location!”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

I love the Seattle/Tacoma area and have stayed in various hotels but I like to keep coming back to the Watertown. It is conveniently located off the freeway and is close to downtown Seattle as well as the University. When I say convenient location off the freeway...I mean it! Seattle doesn't have the most comprehensive highway system and this hotel is easy off and easy on the interstate. One of the BEST features is that parking is FREE and secure!!!! Although there is no room service or restaurant on site they give you food delivery menus from all kinds of local restaurants in the area which I took advantage of and loved. I don't always get a room with a decent view (in fact my last stay I had a great view of the garbage area) but that's minor thing since I'm not living in my room and I wasn't picky enough to ask for a change.

This is a GREAT boutique hotel and where I stay whenever I make a trip to Seattle since hands down, I've tried enough hotels in the area and this is by far my hotel of choice. The shopping at University Village is nice with umbrellas you can borrow if caught in the rain.

The rooms are clean and well maintained with high end amenities. I recommend this hotel to anyone I know traveling to Seattle on vacation.

Room Tip: You definitely want to be higher up and ask for a view of Mt. Rainer if you can get it.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
ConnieSchneider, Owner at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Brenda M,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in the u-district. It warms our heart to know when guests had a great experience while staying with us.

We will look forward to your next visit!

The Watertown team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Serbian first
Indiana
Reviewed 5 September 2013

It is our greatest fear every time we book a hotel. Since my husband uses a wheelchair, we need a roll-in shower bathroom. We booked a room with roll-in shower one month in advance, and then reconfirmed with them 2 days again before check-in to ensure we could have the accessible room. Still, when we arrived after a long exhausted flight only to find out the hotel staff didn't quite understand what is a roll-in shower bathroom and had already given away the one and only that they have. We booked this hotel because my husband was invited to give a presentation at University of Washington and it was within walking distance from campus. It was midnight when they found us another hotel (but under same owner) in downtown Seattle which is 15 minutes away driving distance. It was not quite possible to walk from the hotel to campus and the thoughts of travelling on public transportation and praying that it will be wheelchair accessible, just simply terrified us. We don't usually rent an accessible van for conferences but we did this time and were thankful that we spent the extra $600 to rent an accessible van for a few days. We finally checked into the other hotel and got in bed at around 3am in the morning. Since we didn't get to stay at the hotel other than spending about 1hour explaining to them what is a roll-in shower and getting them to help us relocate another hotel, I can only give a poor rating for their front desk services. Even though before we left, the manager came out to talk and apologize to us, but this cannot happened again to another person in wheelchair. It is not a matter of convenience but necessity. Honestly, we did expected more from Seattle and it dampened our enthusiasm visiting this beautiful city on our first day.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Chonglh,

We are terribly sorry for the misunderstanding about the ADA room and the inconvience it caused for you and your party.

We have learned to be much more careful to be clear about the offerings in our ADA rooms.

Spokane
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Easy access to the freeway and walking distance to the PCC Natural Market. Secure underground parking was a plus. Service was great. Pineapple cupcakes were tasty.We stayed in the studio King, very confortable bed. The access to a free washer and dryer was nice for longer business trips. The bicycle checkout was an added bonus!

Room Tip: Make sure you are away from the ac unit. Very noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Chris P,

Thanks for being our guest and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and visit again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel was really nice, very clean and had amazing views! It was like 5-10 mins from dowtown. Right on campus of UW. Shopping is close as well at university village which is awesome outside shopping mall. Rooms dont have carpet but its a nice moden look. They call them.studios and thats exactly what they are with a closet with pocket doors seperating bathroom sink and living/sleeping area. Only thing I recommend is dont eat at pineapple cafe, it wasnt very good and overpriced. Plus unfriendly staff. Hotel staff seemed overhelmed with only 2 people checking in and a guest with a question. But were nice and seemee somewhat knowledgable. Enjoyed my stay

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Laxroxtopher,

Thanks for your great feedback. I am sorry you had a less than desirable experience in our cafe. I will pass along that feedback to our food and beverage team.

Hope you see you return to visit us again!

Seneca, South Carolina
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed at Watertown Hotel while in town for a college reunion. Room was spacious and full of light. Loved the coffee maker,microwave and fridge. The popcorn and umbrella in the room was a nice touch. Pineapple cupcakes and coffee tasted great in the afternoon. Only disappointment was that we did not realize that the "free shuttle" had to be reserved quite a bit in advance, and did not just shuttle back and forth to the Market. We were never able to use the free shuttle, but cab fare was not too expensive. Hotel located in University district so would be great for parents. Nice market just across the street and delicious brunch right down the street! Enjoyed the stay and would recommend and stay again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Keoweecruiser,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we are glad you were our guests! I apologize you were not able to take advantage of our complimetary shuttle services. It was in hot demand this summer.

Hopefully, when you return, it will be more available to serve your needs.

Thanks Watertown team
San Diego, California
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Very comfortable boutique hotel, conveniently located near the University of Washington where my daughter is a student. The hotel provides a free shuttle service to the major attractions in Seattle. The pineapple cupcakes they serve in the afternoon were delicious!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 29 August 2013
Dear Jan N,

I am glad you found your University hotel and since your daughter is a student there, we hope to see more of you here!

Thanks for being our guest,

Potomac Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 25 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at this quaint hotel for a night before we took off for our Alaskan cruise. I had done a lot of research on Travel Advisor to find a good deal at a decent hotel somewhat near the cruise port and chose this one. We weren’t sure what to expect from a “unique urban hotel” since we are suburbanites from Northern Virginia. We loved it and wish we could have stayed longer. The rooms were huge and quite comfortable. The furniture had nice clean lines (think the old Scan furniture place) which I really liked (it seems like the furniture in a lot of hotels is tacky colonial style). The sheets were a bit odd, and seemed to slide off the bed but the hotel is environmentally friendly, so I believe they were chosen for that reason. The nice thing is that they felt cleaner than traditional sheets.

Since I had looked at so many hotels, I kindof forgot about the details of which one I had chosen. When I got to the desk there was a handy map which said “University District” on the top. Being the out of towner that I am I asked if we were near the University of Seattle (not knowing if there even is one). The reservation host said “No, we are essentially on the campus of U. of W”. I am not a college football fanatic but remembered that the University of Michigan continuously lost, or more descriptively got spanked, in the Rose Bowl to west coast teams so I put 2 and 2 together and realized we were among the Huskies! We asked the very nice, informed and helpful desk personnel some recommendations on where we should eat dinner which we followed and found ourselves at a Thai place on University way. What a gem. We also got directed to a nice place for breakfast. We were very impressed with this hotel on many levels and would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Gus4evr,

We are glad you found our hotel to be both comfortable and affordable. We appreciate all of the kind things you said about us.

Please come back and see us again!