“This Hotel is My Home Away from Home”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 27 September 2013

For someone like me, who travels nearly every week for work, I have a great appreciation for clean, comfortable, convenient hotels. All of which the Watertown Hotel is, and more. It's the perfect place for those staying one or two night for a quick visit to the city or UW or Seattle Children's Hospital - convenient to all of these places, and the free shuttle service is perfect. However, as someone who stays multiple nights per week, this hotel is so much more. The rooms are not a typical hotel layout, they're spacious, airy and comfortable. It feels more like a loft than a room and is clean, roomy and modern. The staff and management go out of their way to be helpful, friendly and courteous. For those needing a longer term stay in the area, this hotel can't be beat. It's not a full-service Hilton-type hotel, so don't expect room service. However, there are tons of places in walking distance, including Trader Joe's and there is an in-room Keurig machine with drink choices, microwave and even microwave popcorn.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet and relatively bright. If you can get a South-East facing room, you may w...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear Kato Akita,

Wow, we like what you have to say about Watertown and the staff/managment! We do go out of our way to be friendly, helpful, and courteous, and we are glad it shows through.

We are glad you like our clean rooms as well, and look forward to accommodating you again!

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here for one night (I wish it could have been twelve longer!), and I have to say, I was really impressed. First of all, the hotel is lovely. The rooms are carefully laid out, with lots of light coming in, the linens are clean and crisp, the Keurig machine for coffee and tea is very nice.

But beyond the basics of an excellent hotel, I was really impressed with their customer service. I stayed here during a stressful 24 hours, when I was interviewing for UW grad school. I had a rental car, I had an early wake-up call, and I had a marathon day in front of me. They were happy to accommodate my needs, issuing a cheerful wake-up call, allowing me to check out but keep my car in their lot ALL DAY, and feeding me a delicious breakfast at their little cafe.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear KatieT,

I am thrilled to hear you noticed and appreciated our customer service, as we feel this is the lifeblood of our industry. We work very hard to communicate that in a serving way to our guests.

We also appreciate your comments about the lovely hotel, linens, coffee, and delicious breakfast.

We wish you could have stayed 12 days as well. Maybe you can just return for another visit!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel staff at Watertown are absolutely wonderful. I stayed for a longer period of time and found them to be friendly every day and incredibly accommodating. I particularly enjoyed having coffee and cupcakes available each day! Delicious! I also made great use of the shuttle and appreciated not having to take a taxi to major destinations. It was also nice to be able to use the movie cart and watch some of their DVDs. The room was always clean, the internet was quite quick, and the coffee and water bottles were replaced each day. There was popcorn in the room too. They also have wine openers that guests can borrow. There is a market right across the street that was especially convenient. Trader Joes is a short walk away, as well. The Pineapple Cafe has great sandwiches too! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennadah
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Jenna784,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize some of our amenities.

We hope to see you again,

The Watertown team!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights the last week in August and could not have been more satisfied with all it has to offer.
1. Convenient to the highways.
2. Free secured parking garage.
3. Fitness room with treadmill, elliptical and spin bike.
4. Free coffee, water and microwave popcorn.
5. Microwave and refrigerator.
6. Washer/dryer on the floor.
7. Breakfast/lunch cafe in hotel with very reasonable prices.
8. Free coffee and cupcakes in the evenings.
9. Friendly hotel staff willing to assist with any request.
10. Free shuttle to various locations around the city.
11. Free cruiser bikes.
12. Convenient to numerous restaurants in the neighborhood.
13. Convenient to city bus lines (we took 1 bus all the way to the Seahawks game).
14. Convenient to UW campus.
15. Convenient to Burke-Gilman trail for walking, running and biking.
16. Access to pool at University Inn (sister property) 2 blocks down the street.
We will be staying here again on our next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Casper1679,

Thank you for your 16 positive points about the Watertown Hotel. We are grateful you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you return again real soon!

The Watertown team!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Super clean rooms, great view if you ask for it, great coffee and muffins in the cafe. I wish hotels wouldn't be so stingy with the coffees in the room. I need two or three cups of CAFFEINATED coffee to get my eyeliner straight.

Room Tip: You need to pay $20-$40 more but to see the skyline it was worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PHT330

Dear PHT330,

Thank you for your review of the Watertown Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that you can have as many free cups of coffee as you like. Please be sure and let us know when you make the reservation, and we will put more in the room for you!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I love the Seattle/Tacoma area and have stayed in various hotels but I like to keep coming back to the Watertown. It is conveniently located off the freeway and is close to downtown Seattle as well as the University. When I say convenient location off the freeway...I mean it! Seattle doesn't have the most comprehensive highway system and this hotel is easy off and easy on the interstate. One of the BEST features is that parking is FREE and secure!!!! Although there is no room service or restaurant on site they give you food delivery menus from all kinds of local restaurants in the area which I took advantage of and loved. I don't always get a room with a decent view (in fact my last stay I had a great view of the garbage area) but that's minor thing since I'm not living in my room and I wasn't picky enough to ask for a change.

This is a GREAT boutique hotel and where I stay whenever I make a trip to Seattle since hands down, I've tried enough hotels in the area and this is by far my hotel of choice. The shopping at University Village is nice with umbrellas you can borrow if caught in the rain.

The rooms are clean and well maintained with high end amenities. I recommend this hotel to anyone I know traveling to Seattle on vacation.

Room Tip: You definitely want to be higher up and ask for a view of Mt. Rainer if you can get it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
ConnieSchneider, Owner at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Brenda M,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in the u-district. It warms our heart to know when guests had a great experience while staying with us.

We will look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

It is our greatest fear every time we book a hotel. Since my husband uses a wheelchair, we need a roll-in shower bathroom. We booked a room with roll-in shower one month in advance, and then reconfirmed with them 2 days again before check-in to ensure we could have the accessible room. Still, when we arrived after a long exhausted flight only to find out the hotel staff didn't quite understand what is a roll-in shower bathroom and had already given away the one and only that they have. We booked this hotel because my husband was invited to give a presentation at University of Washington and it was within walking distance from campus. It was midnight when they found us another hotel (but under same owner) in downtown Seattle which is 15 minutes away driving distance. It was not quite possible to walk from the hotel to campus and the thoughts of travelling on public transportation and praying that it will be wheelchair accessible, just simply terrified us. We don't usually rent an accessible van for conferences but we did this time and were thankful that we spent the extra $600 to rent an accessible van for a few days. We finally checked into the other hotel and got in bed at around 3am in the morning. Since we didn't get to stay at the hotel other than spending about 1hour explaining to them what is a roll-in shower and getting them to help us relocate another hotel, I can only give a poor rating for their front desk services. Even though before we left, the manager came out to talk and apologize to us, but this cannot happened again to another person in wheelchair. It is not a matter of convenience but necessity. Honestly, we did expected more from Seattle and it dampened our enthusiasm visiting this beautiful city on our first day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Chonglh,

We are terribly sorry for the misunderstanding about the ADA room and the inconvience it caused for you and your party.

We have learned to be much more careful to be clear about the offerings in our ADA rooms.