“Recommended” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Portage, Indiana
“Recommended”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

After reading the reviews, I decided to try it here. It was a good decision. The room was modern & clean. The staff was young, with a great attitude. They were super helpful. The secure parking was very assuring. Even though it was in the University district, it was relatively quiet there. The students seem to congregate several blocks to the east. Some of the other reviews mentioned homeless street people. After touring Seattle, it seems to be a city wide problem, not just here. But we had no problem with anybody bothering us. So, yes I do recommend The Watertown Hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear jimlr53,

Thanks for much for your many positive comments about your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback about the nice rooms, as well as our great staff. I am pleased to hear you felt the team had great attitudes and were super helpful. That makes my heart sing!

We hope you come back and visit us again, we will look forward to serving you.

The Watertown team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Serbian first
Los Angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

For someone like me, who travels nearly every week for work, I have a great appreciation for clean, comfortable, convenient hotels. All of which the Watertown Hotel is, and more. It's the perfect place for those staying one or two night for a quick visit to the city or UW or Seattle Children's Hospital - convenient to all of these places, and the free shuttle service is perfect. However, as someone who stays multiple nights per week, this hotel is so much more. The rooms are not a typical hotel layout, they're spacious, airy and comfortable. It feels more like a loft than a room and is clean, roomy and modern. The staff and management go out of their way to be helpful, friendly and courteous. For those needing a longer term stay in the area, this hotel can't be beat. It's not a full-service Hilton-type hotel, so don't expect room service. However, there are tons of places in walking distance, including Trader Joe's and there is an in-room Keurig machine with drink choices, microwave and even microwave popcorn.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quiet and relatively bright. If you can get a South-East facing room, you may w...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear Kato Akita,

Wow, we like what you have to say about Watertown and the staff/managment! We do go out of our way to be friendly, helpful, and courteous, and we are glad it shows through.

We are glad you like our clean rooms as well, and look forward to accommodating you again!

Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

I stayed here for one night (I wish it could have been twelve longer!), and I have to say, I was really impressed. First of all, the hotel is lovely. The rooms are carefully laid out, with lots of light coming in, the linens are clean and crisp, the Keurig machine for coffee and tea is very nice.

But beyond the basics of an excellent hotel, I was really impressed with their customer service. I stayed here during a stressful 24 hours, when I was interviewing for UW grad school. I had a rental car, I had an early wake-up call, and I had a marathon day in front of me. They were happy to accommodate my needs, issuing a cheerful wake-up call, allowing me to check out but keep my car in their lot ALL DAY, and feeding me a delicious breakfast at their little cafe.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear KatieT,

I am thrilled to hear you noticed and appreciated our customer service, as we feel this is the lifeblood of our industry. We work very hard to communicate that in a serving way to our guests.

We also appreciate your comments about the lovely hotel, linens, coffee, and delicious breakfast.

We wish you could have stayed 12 days as well. Maybe you can just return for another visit!

Monterey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel staff at Watertown are absolutely wonderful. I stayed for a longer period of time and found them to be friendly every day and incredibly accommodating. I particularly enjoyed having coffee and cupcakes available each day! Delicious! I also made great use of the shuttle and appreciated not having to take a taxi to major destinations. It was also nice to be able to use the movie cart and watch some of their DVDs. The room was always clean, the internet was quite quick, and the coffee and water bottles were replaced each day. There was popcorn in the room too. They also have wine openers that guests can borrow. There is a market right across the street that was especially convenient. Trader Joes is a short walk away, as well. The Pineapple Cafe has great sandwiches too! I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jennadah
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Jenna784,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and were able to utilize some of our amenities.

We hope to see you again,

The Watertown team!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights the last week in August and could not have been more satisfied with all it has to offer.
1. Convenient to the highways.
2. Free secured parking garage.
3. Fitness room with treadmill, elliptical and spin bike.
4. Free coffee, water and microwave popcorn.
5. Microwave and refrigerator.
6. Washer/dryer on the floor.
7. Breakfast/lunch cafe in hotel with very reasonable prices.
8. Free coffee and cupcakes in the evenings.
9. Friendly hotel staff willing to assist with any request.
10. Free shuttle to various locations around the city.
11. Free cruiser bikes.
12. Convenient to numerous restaurants in the neighborhood.
13. Convenient to city bus lines (we took 1 bus all the way to the Seahawks game).
14. Convenient to UW campus.
15. Convenient to Burke-Gilman trail for walking, running and biking.
16. Access to pool at University Inn (sister property) 2 blocks down the street.
We will be staying here again on our next trip to Seattle.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Casper1679,

Thank you for your 16 positive points about the Watertown Hotel. We are grateful you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you return again real soon!

The Watertown team!
Town and Country, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Super clean rooms, great view if you ask for it, great coffee and muffins in the cafe. I wish hotels wouldn't be so stingy with the coffees in the room. I need two or three cups of CAFFEINATED coffee to get my eyeliner straight.

Room Tip: You need to pay $20-$40 more but to see the skyline it was worth it!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PHT330
Dear PHT330,

Thank you for your review of the Watertown Hotel. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that you can have as many free cups of coffee as you like. Please be sure and let us know when you make the reservation, and we will put more in the room for you!

Plano
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I love the Seattle/Tacoma area and have stayed in various hotels but I like to keep coming back to the Watertown. It is conveniently located off the freeway and is close to downtown Seattle as well as the University. When I say convenient location off the freeway...I mean it! Seattle doesn't have the most comprehensive highway system and this hotel is easy off and easy on the interstate. One of the BEST features is that parking is FREE and secure!!!! Although there is no room service or restaurant on site they give you food delivery menus from all kinds of local restaurants in the area which I took advantage of and loved. I don't always get a room with a decent view (in fact my last stay I had a great view of the garbage area) but that's minor thing since I'm not living in my room and I wasn't picky enough to ask for a change.

This is a GREAT boutique hotel and where I stay whenever I make a trip to Seattle since hands down, I've tried enough hotels in the area and this is by far my hotel of choice. The shopping at University Village is nice with umbrellas you can borrow if caught in the rain.

The rooms are clean and well maintained with high end amenities. I recommend this hotel to anyone I know traveling to Seattle on vacation.

Room Tip: You definitely want to be higher up and ask for a view of Mt. Rainer if you can get it.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ConnieSchneider, Owner at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
Dear Brenda M,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel in the u-district. It warms our heart to know when guests had a great experience while staying with us.

We will look forward to your next visit!