“Cool, modern hotel”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay and the Watertown Hotel in Seattle. The room was massive if a little sparsely decorated. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The underground parking is really useful and best of all was the shuttlebus downtown which we were able to arrange to pick us up in the evening. Would certainly recommend this hotel

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear heathfieldd,

I always like to hear a guest say our staff is nice and that they enjoyed their stay. We are glad you appreciated the secured, undergound parking as well as our complimentary shuttle service.

Hope to see you again!

The Watertown team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I recently stayed at the Watertown Hotel in Seattle. This facility was impeccibly maintained. It was clean, comfortable and a very good value. The hotel staff was wonderful. They were knowledgable about the surrounding area, very accommodating and eager to offer assistance. I am planning another visit to Seattle and will definitely stay there again.

Dear Ron C,

We are grateful to hear you felt our hotel was clean, comfortable, and a good value. Bravo for the accolades for a wonderful staff!

We are glad you chose our hotel and look forward to accommodating you again should your travels return you to Seattle!

Reviewed 27 October 2013

The room itself was fine. I liked that they used laminate flooring instead of wall to wall carpet. The room was decent size and layout was nice. However, some other parts of our stay were not so great.

There is a very small loading/unloading area on the street to park when you check in. We missed it the first time around. As we entered, there was no one at the front desk, and we waited a while, since the person was in the office and didn't see us come in. We got to our room fairly late and had hoped to sleep in a bit the next morning. We put out the do not disturb sign on the door and tucked in. We woke up early the morning from two cleaning staff having a rather spirited (and loud) discussion directly outside our door. My Spanish is not too good, but apparently the woman was telling the man about something she didn't like on Facebook. He was not apparently getting her point because she repeated herself many many times. I had hoped it would be a short discussion, as they would move into a room and be out of earshot - it wasn't, and by the end we were all awake.

We checked out - waited again. Then went down to the hotel's parking garage to find our car had been broken into and my son's iPad mini stolen. Granted, he learned a valuable lesson about not leaving valuables in the car - even if hidden from view. The parking garage is gated, but there are signs warning the hotel is not responsible for theft, etc. Take those signs to heart. As we found out afterwards, there are no security cameras in the garage, so your chance of finding the suspect is pretty much nil.

We stay at hotels in the area fairly regularly. I wanted to like this hotel. But probably won't be back.

1  Thank KS-OK

Dear KS-OK,

I am sorry there was no one to greet you at the desk. It is to be covered at all times so I will be sure and review this with the front office leadership. I have already discussed the housekeeping situation with our Housekeeping leadership team, asking them to limit the communication on the floors. I regret they woke you.

I also apologize for the loss of the iPad. We have had good luck with the security of our garage, and a car compromise is quite rare.

I understand your decision not to return, yet thank you for giving us a try, even though things were not to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed here for two nights around a one day meeting, so I didn't have time to explore the area. The hotel was immaculately clean and quiet, and the staff were friendly. My room was large and very well appointed, with a microwave and small refrigerator, desk, large closet, and comfortable beds. Free coffee and popcorn in every room. Hotel-wide free wifi.

There is only a small café for breakfast and lunch, and no in-house food after 4:30, but there is free coffee and some pastries in the lobby through the evening. Trinity Market across the street has a deli sandwich bar, and salads and burritos are available later in the evening. I understand there are lots of restaurants within a block or two.

This seems like an excellent pick, particularly for visits to the University of Washington area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Allen F,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding our hotel, it's friendly staff, and the Pineaple Cafe. I am glad you enjoyed some of our many amenities.

We appreciate your patronage!

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I spent a week in the hotel and did not regret my choice. Everyone was extremely friendly and ready to help. The shuttle was a nice extra convenience (but you do need to plan ahead and it is not always available exactly when you might want/need it). I preferred the University location to being downtown (and my family was within a mile or so). I opted for a king room (as opposed to two queens) and so the room felt spacious. Not sure it was worth the extra $ for a "view"--the fog was the most frequent view. Would not hesitate to stay here again. And the Trinity Market across the street makes some terrific sandwiches!

Dear siquebec,

We are so glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. Also good know know you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service.

I happen to agree, Trinity makes a mean sandwich!

Thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

It's a nice hotel at a good location. The price was great and was sold out the first night I was there, so I ended up staying at the sister hotel for the first night. Room was good though a bit small. They have bikes that you can rent there, which was a nice addition.

The staff members in general are very nice, though some are brighter than others. We had to book and rebook several times, which was kind of frustrating.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Travelsalot1984,

Thanks for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and hope you were able to take advantage of our free bike rental.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Great location a short walk from the University of Washington and all the restaurants and activities in the "U" area. Lots of windows and light throughout hotel with cheerful decor. Very pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Young children enjoy watching the activity on Roosevelt Ave. (west rooms) and there is not excessive...