Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
US$286
US$272
  • Fitness centre
1,264 results
All reviewsuniversity districtu districtpineapple cafeportage bay cafecupcakestop sheetfree shuttlemicrowave popcornpineapple waterpineapple hospitalityunderground parkingtommy bahamaacross the streetshuttle servicefree breakfastfew blocksfront desk staff
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Loved the clean rooms, the firm mattresses, the windows that open for the cool breezes to blow through, front desk friendliness, pumps in bathroom for shampoo,lotion, hair conditioner, free umbrella use, refrigerator in room, quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Linda D
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Linda D,

We are so pleased you are a satisfied return guest! We appreciate the glowing review and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Just finished our stay at the Watertown hotel. Very very impressed. Besides the required, in my book anyway, cleanliness... And it is very clean. The staff, Tierra and Justine (there were others also), were welcoming, knowledgeable and very helpful. I loved all the extras they provide, with no additional cost, microwave popcorn, bottled water and cupcakes at check in. They really strive to make you feel like you're staying with friends vs stating in a hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KJackson2013
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear KJackson2013,

It warmed my heart to read your comments about how at home you felt while staying at The Watertown Hotel.

Justine and Tierra are pleased to be singled out as part of our great team. I have thanked them both for taking such great care of our guests.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I admit I was skeptical when I first booked this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed in downtown Seattle last year and it was great walking distance to everything - but parking was SO expensive so we opted for a hotel that gave complimentary parking. Watertown was an affordable option that gave free parking, free WiFi and since we had a car, we didn't mind driving around.

The staff were very helpful when we checked in - the cupcakes and coffee offered in the afternoon were as amazing as everyone says. There's not much in the lobby, but for a small hotel, there's a lot of "boutique" touches that make it special. I thought there was quite a bit more security than I would've expected for a small hotel but that's never a bad thing. You swipe your card for the elevator/parking etc. and it just makes it feel more safe to be there.

The room itself was very clean for a pet-friendly hotel. I requested a room that was "cleaner" (because I'm allergic to dog/cat hair) and extra towels/pillows - to my surprise, it was all there when I arrived! Most hotels ignore that part of my request...
The washroom was kind of interestingly located. It's not a separate room but rather behind a large cabinet in the middle of the room so the room "looks" U-shaped. One side has a desk and bed and the other has your counter for the washroom. Very interesting and unique and I had no complaints.

The small touches that I appreciated were the umbrella in the closet; the Keurig machine in the washroom; the extra large mirror and even the hardwood flooring to keep it nice and clean. Some people complained about the dated heating system, but I think it's been updated since then because ours worked nicely and quickly.

About the one and ONLY complaint I have was the noise level. We were on the 6th floor and the weekend we went - was actually very quiet... except in the morning/late night. Our room was right beside the elevator and everyone that walked past our room or talked - we heard them. We think it was the poor insulation of the door, because it pretty much blocked NO noise. I rated the hotel with "poor" sleep quality as a result. I don't think I slept more than 3 hours at a time with all the interruptions from other guests.

I would probably stay again (requesting a room in the corner somewhere) despite the complaint. Definitely bring a car if you're looking to go downtown Seattle because there's free secured parking - but even if you don't, there's a lot around the University that's good enough to entertain (lots of food, shopping, no sights though). Overall, I would recommend it!

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and higher up.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cherrie C

Dear Cherrie C,

Thank you for such a thorough and positive review of the Watertown Hotel. I am glad we met/exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing us and look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Wow....that is about all I can say, just, wow. The view of Mt. Rainer and the downtown skyline with the Space needle is just amazing.
The location is great, close to everything and the people there are above average with some being way above average....kind of like if you were helping yourself the best way possible!......that good.
The price? I felt guilty. Less than half of the Fairmont's 2nd lowest grade room and a third the price of their deluxe room....what a joke.
This is the first hotel lobby restaurant that not only doesn't add a surcharge, but gives a discount of 15% when you order from your room! Are you serious??? The morning selection and hot grill make Starbuck's look bad.....Well I guess Seattle does it better when it comes to cafes.
Do yourself a favor and stay at this hotel, because when you are parking for free in the secured d underground garage with elevators straight up, you too may have a moment there when you think, wow, this is nice, and then a smile!

Room Tip: If you don;t know which room is by far and away the best....it's your lose.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MisterFrancisco
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear MisterFrancisco,

Wow, thank you for such a lovely review... we are so glad you enjoy our hotel! We like to consider ourselves the crown jewel of the U-district.

Please come stay with us again when you return to the Seattle area.

The thankful Watertown team

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Stayed in this place over November with family to see my brother at the university of Washington (UW). The place was clean and very friendly, front staff were very helpful as when he was in lesson we had ALOT of time to kill around seattle. There was a FREE shuttle run to downtown Seattle or anywhere really, as well as a main bus stop just outside the hotel so if needed this was easy. The Ave is worth checking out which is where all the food is around with some BRILLIANT asian restaurants.

Overall Great place to stay if around the Uni District. Thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Onnie4000

Dear Onnie4000,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and friendly staff. We do aim to please!

I will pass along your appreciation to our front desk and shuttle drivers.