“Great stay and great location”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #29 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We weren't really interested in paying to stay in downtown seattle because most of the stops that we had for this vacation were out of downtown anyway. The university area is a great spot to base a seattle trip, it's close enough to all the major areas without too much trouble.

The hotel itself is quiet, clean, and friendly. We didn't have a problem finding parking in their garage everyday, but I don't know what capacity the hotel was at. Don't have any complaints and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hksjza70
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear hksjza70,

Thank you for your positive comments about the Watertown in the U-district. We appreciate hearing that you found us to be quiet, clean, and friendly.

Come back and stay with us the next time you have business at the UW!

Thanks,
The watertown team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,206)

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the Watertown while doing business at UW. The beds were very firm with lots of pillows. Wifi worked well in room and lobby. I'd never stayed in a hotel that had hardwood floors which were cold on my feet but I could work around that.

Exercise room had good equipment.

Only complaint I would have is that the tv would come on with a louder volume that I turned it off on. If you were sharing a room with someone and wanted to watch tv, the loud tones on start up would definitely wake them up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear treinke,

Glad to hear you had a nice time while on business at UW.

We appreciate knowing the wifi worked well in the room and the lobby area, and that you enjoyed the exercise equipment in the gym.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Great bed. Good service. Friendly and clean. They even have pineapple muffins. A great economical place to stay in the university district in Seattle. Easy underground parking. We certainly would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lottridge

Dear lottridge,

Wow, what a nice review of Watertown! Glad to hear you enjoyed some of our many amenities to include out signature Pineapple cupcakes!

We also appreciate your positive comments about our clean hotel, great beds, and friendly service.

Come back and see us again sometime!

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Loved the clean rooms, the firm mattresses, the windows that open for the cool breezes to blow through, front desk friendliness, pumps in bathroom for shampoo,lotion, hair conditioner, free umbrella use, refrigerator in room, quiet.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Linda D
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear Linda D,

We are so pleased you are a satisfied return guest! We appreciate the glowing review and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Just finished our stay at the Watertown hotel. Very very impressed. Besides the required, in my book anyway, cleanliness... And it is very clean. The staff, Tierra and Justine (there were others also), were welcoming, knowledgeable and very helpful. I loved all the extras they provide, with no additional cost, microwave popcorn, bottled water and cupcakes at check in. They really strive to make you feel like you're staying with friends vs stating in a hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank KJackson2013
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear KJackson2013,

It warmed my heart to read your comments about how at home you felt while staying at The Watertown Hotel.

Justine and Tierra are pleased to be singled out as part of our great team. I have thanked them both for taking such great care of our guests.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I admit I was skeptical when I first booked this hotel. My boyfriend and I stayed in downtown Seattle last year and it was great walking distance to everything - but parking was SO expensive so we opted for a hotel that gave complimentary parking. Watertown was an affordable option that gave free parking, free WiFi and since we had a car, we didn't mind driving around.

The staff were very helpful when we checked in - the cupcakes and coffee offered in the afternoon were as amazing as everyone says. There's not much in the lobby, but for a small hotel, there's a lot of "boutique" touches that make it special. I thought there was quite a bit more security than I would've expected for a small hotel but that's never a bad thing. You swipe your card for the elevator/parking etc. and it just makes it feel more safe to be there.

The room itself was very clean for a pet-friendly hotel. I requested a room that was "cleaner" (because I'm allergic to dog/cat hair) and extra towels/pillows - to my surprise, it was all there when I arrived! Most hotels ignore that part of my request...
The washroom was kind of interestingly located. It's not a separate room but rather behind a large cabinet in the middle of the room so the room "looks" U-shaped. One side has a desk and bed and the other has your counter for the washroom. Very interesting and unique and I had no complaints.

The small touches that I appreciated were the umbrella in the closet; the Keurig machine in the washroom; the extra large mirror and even the hardwood flooring to keep it nice and clean. Some people complained about the dated heating system, but I think it's been updated since then because ours worked nicely and quickly.

About the one and ONLY complaint I have was the noise level. We were on the 6th floor and the weekend we went - was actually very quiet... except in the morning/late night. Our room was right beside the elevator and everyone that walked past our room or talked - we heard them. We think it was the poor insulation of the door, because it pretty much blocked NO noise. I rated the hotel with "poor" sleep quality as a result. I don't think I slept more than 3 hours at a time with all the interruptions from other guests.

I would probably stay again (requesting a room in the corner somewhere) despite the complaint. Definitely bring a car if you're looking to go downtown Seattle because there's free secured parking - but even if you don't, there's a lot around the University that's good enough to entertain (lots of food, shopping, no sights though). Overall, I would recommend it!

Room Tip: Away from the elevator and higher up.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cherrie C

Dear Cherrie C,

Thank you for such a thorough and positive review of the Watertown Hotel. I am glad we met/exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for choosing us and look forward to the opportunity to accommodate you in the future.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Wow....that is about all I can say, just, wow. The view of Mt. Rainer and the downtown skyline with the Space needle is just amazing.
The location is great, close to everything and the people there are above average with some being way above average....kind of like if you were helping yourself the best way possible!......that good.
The price? I felt guilty. Less than half of the Fairmont's 2nd lowest grade room and a third the price of their deluxe room....what a joke.
This is the first hotel lobby restaurant that not only doesn't add a surcharge, but gives a discount of 15% when you order from your room! Are you serious??? The morning selection and hot grill make Starbuck's look bad.....Well I guess Seattle does it better when it comes to cafes.
Do yourself a favor and stay at this hotel, because when you are parking for free in the secured d underground garage with elevators straight up, you too may have a moment there when you think, wow, this is nice, and then a smile!

Room Tip: If you don;t know which room is by far and away the best....it's your lose.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank MisterFrancisco
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear MisterFrancisco,

Wow, thank you for such a lovely review... we are so glad you enjoy our hotel! We like to consider ourselves the crown jewel of the U-district.

Please come stay with us again when you return to the Seattle area.

The thankful Watertown team