“Very nice accommodations”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #27 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This is not a luxury hotel, but it is a reasonably priced and very comfortable place to stay. If you are in Seattle to visit the university, the location is great as it is close to campus. The views from our 6th floor room towards the northeast were lovely but they might not have been so terrific from a lower floor. Our room had 2 double beds, separated from a dressing area with fridge and microwave by a room divider. It was very clean and reasonably quiet. We liked it. The staff were SUPER in every way. Unfortunately, breakfast was not included but there was a limited-menu breakfast facility on the main floor. The pool is at the sister property down the street.

1  Thank DrSchmincke
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear DrSchmincke,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our "gem" in the U-district and glad you found the staff to be super in every way. I will be sure and share your nice comments with the team.

Regards,

The Watertown team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I travel ALOT. Mostly business but for pleasure as well. I am a self professed "hotel" snob. I was on my way home from a long trip and was going through Seattle. Long story short I had to stay in Seattle for two days AND EVERYTHING from Tacoma to Bellevue to downtown Seattle was sold out! After two hours of searching we found The Watertown. I was a bit skeptic, it being the only hotel in town with a room.

What a surprise it was. Where to begin. Décor - really cute, trendy, clean and unique. Little touches of customer service was everywhere. Needed a quick breakfast before an 8 am phone meeting. Called the front desk asking for the restaurant extension and told him I had to eat quick to ready for this meeting. He offered to order the breakfast for me AND bring it to my room. (There is not room service specifically). Bath sheets not towels, Tommy Bahama lotions and shampoos, hand disinfector by the phone and channel changer, fluffy rope. Free wifi, in room movies (free) and popcorn.

Really great experience.

2  Thank MMNAVIS

Dear MMNAVIS,

Wow, great to hear how totally pleased you were on your recent experience at the Watertown Hotel. I receive your feedback with much pride, since it sounds as if you have an abundance of hotel stay experience!

Thank you for being willing to give us a try....we hope you will return should your travels bring you
back to the Seattle area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I were worried a bit about the comfort of the beds due to some earlier reviews but decided to take a chance anyway and stay here. So glad we did. The beds were wonderful. I'm not sure if they updated them or we just got lucky. Amazingly nice hotel and so close to UW. The only complaint was the breakfast burrito lacked in flavor. Coffee cake was really good. We would stay here in a heartbeat again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not on streetside.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Brad J,

We appreciate your feedback about the Watertown Hotel and glad you enjoyed your stay.

We have done some upgrading on our bed package, with more to follow!

I will pass along the comments to our F&B team regarding the items you mentioned in the cafe.

Thanks for being our guest,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I visit Seattle regularly on business and this is the first time I have stayed at this Watertown Hotel. Nice change from Hyatt-Marriott routine. Like the retro-revival decor, convenient location, and clean and classy aspect of this hotel.

Food and grub conveniently in-house at Pineapple Cafe, and across the street, with many restaurant options in the area. Free underground, secure parking a big plus. Concierge quality front desk - attentive to every need and then some. Special thanks to Sterling who helped me find the perfect room for my stay. Tiara went out of her way when I extended my room a couple of extra nights and asked if I needed help with airport transportation. You could just tell she cares for her guests. She and Sterling are super ambassadors for the Watertown. Also thanks to Josh for cleaning up my unfortunate spilled bag of ice mishap by the ice machine.

Enjoyed my light, bright spacious room here. Rooms have the usual upscale amenities: robes, frig, micro-wave etc. Also liked the tropical coconut-pineapple scent in liquid soaps. The home-made mini-pineapple cupcakes in the lobby are delicious, too. Instead of staying one night, I liked it so much here I stayed three and will definitely return on my next trip to Seattle. Cheers to the entire Watertown staff.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have more light if you like light.

Dear Steven M,

We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at the Watertown Hotel.

We especially appreciate your kind comments about a couple of our team members, and will pass those along to them.

You mentioned a number of our many amenities, and there are even more!

We hope you return to experience more of our super service!

Cheers,

Reviewed 8 June 2014

It's been 7 years since our last visit to Watertown, and we were really looking forward to returning. As expected, the hotel is in very good condition and still feels clean and modern. Parking is still available as part of your stay, which is great.

What's missing is the happy hour and continental breakfast that were included in the past. Also, they used to loan decent bikes with gears and hand brakes for riding on the Burke Gillman trail, but now they have more basic fixed gear bikes with foot brakes only, so your riding options are limited.

Our room was large with hardwood floors and featured a nice bathroom with a Tommy Bahama soap products dispenser. There's plenty of natural light from the windows and the rooms have a nice open, studio feel to them. You can hear your neighbors and hallway noise pretty easily, but we had the air conditioner on during the night so it wasn't too obnoxious.

I would still return here in the future but may take a closer look at staying downtown instead if pricing is close.

Room Tip: The corner rooms with two queen beds are nice.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cartraveler1

Dear cartraveler1,

We are glad that after 7 years since your return, that you still enjoy the Watertown Hotel.

We are working on bringing back the happy hour so stand by for more to follow.

Thank you for your loyalty!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

If you are looking for an attractive, immaculate and friendly place to stay in Seattle, this hotel is a delight. I teach interior design and appreciate the decor and thoughtful details. We are here for three weeks for my son's graduation from UW's graduate school and his wedding. The hotel is even more attractive than pictures of it on its website. It is one of my favorite hotels in which we have stayed.

Features we especially appreciation about this Watertown Hotel:

* large, light and sunny rooms with windows which open

* stylish Seattle decor (kind of modern urban chic with a touch of retro) and comfortable beds

* hygienic and stylish floors and ecological mindfulness - they even have recycling bins

* central location near University of Washington

* proximity to diverse eateries and shops such as the Portage Bay Cafe and Half-Price Bookstore

* free parking under hotel

* free shuttle to downtown Seattle

* convivial corner Pineapple cafe with wall of windows for breakfast and lunch (like the homemade zucchini bread) - fun to sit and work there

* free washer and dryer facilities on each floor - you can buy $1 laundry soap package from front desk

* room amenities ~ frig, coffee maker with Tully's coffee, microwave with popcorn and bottled water

* access to this hotel's gym and outdoor pool of sister hotel a block away

The rooms we have stayed in are spacious, light and chic with gray wood floors, and fun colors, fabric and shapes in furnishings. Management seems to prize being ecologically and health mindful as the stylish floors mean carpets aren't absorbing spills from previous tenants, the shampoos and soaps are in refillable mounted containers and the bath has an attractive porthole window to let natural light in.

You can walk about a block to the popular Portage Bay Cafe for a hearty breakfast or lunch. It's a short drive to the waterfront where there's a delicious Mexican and Seafood restaurant - some give complimentary appetizers if you mention you are from the Watertown Hotel so check with the staff.

The staff is amazing and genuinely demonstrates care for guests. From Sterling who greeted us at the front desk, and answered our questions via phone call, to Michelle who showed us a couple of rooms for older and younger members of our wedding party, to Justine, Blake, Antonia and Allison who answered questions and recommended places to eat and visit, to Robin and her staff in the Pineapple cafe who chatted with us each morning, to Eduardo and Ana who kept our rooms beautifully clean, all are gracious and seem intent on meeting guests' needs. The hotel manager, Connie, even came out to greet us and chat.

The ownership seems enlightened here, and we're interested in checking out their hotels in Portland and San Francisco where we plan to visit. We are grateful to have such a convivial hotel to make our home base in Seattle for three weeks. I looked online at hotel websites in Seattle for hours and decided on this one. Glad we did as we are enjoying the fresh, friendly and upbeat atmosphere.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are in the back and sides of hotel. Some rooms have views of Seattle skyline. I liked...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear laceandwit,

Thank you for being our guest. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciated your detailed evaluation of the hotel itself. As for the staff, I especially enjoyed seeing our team members name in print as delivering superior customer service.

I enjoyed meeting you and visiting with you, and am glad we made your stay special.

Warmly,

Connie and the Watertown team

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have never experienced better treatment in a hotel. The staff was uniformly friendly, considerate, and helpful - doing far more than anyone could expect. I will choose the Watertown on any subsequent visits to Seattle, and just wish there were more hotels with such outstanding staffs available in other cities.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
ConnieSchneider, Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear David R,

I am sitting here reading and re-reading your lovely response to your experience while a guest at the Watertown. It captures the essense of what we hope to be, and do, for our guests.

Thank you for the affirmation that we are doing just that!

Warmly,