“Wish we could have stayed longer!”

Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel
Ranked #25 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Santa Barbara, California
“Wish we could have stayed longer!”
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Love the clean, hip, green vibe of this hotel! Beautiful, spacious, very clean room with microwave, fridge, coffeemaker, robes, comfy bed, free underground parking.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Serbian first
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Was in Seattle for a couple of days and looking for a place to stay that wasn't in the touristy downtown areas and wasn't as low brow as the Motel 8. Prices in Seattle are on the high side and decided to take a chance on the Watertown Hotel in the University District.

New build and modern decor, the hotel is a wonderful surprise. The Room 515 is spacious, modern and with great amenities. The bathroom features separate toilet/bath/shower, very large bathroom counter an sink, tremendously large mirror and pass through wardrobe. In room safe, fridge, coffee maker, iron, ironing board and microwave features complimentary coffee & tea and popcorn.

The double queen beds were comfortable with nice linens and lots of pillows. There's also a desk and a "a la carte" service that's worth checking out.

The facility offers complimentary indoor parking, complimentary breakfast that's a nice spread (though I wish the girls had the scrambled eggs and bacon out by 7am the other morning), a friendly staff and really nice interior spaces.

Overall, I think this hotel is a winner. It's a bit removed from downtown but there is a complimentary shuttle service or you can spend $10-15 on taxi fare to whisk you into the DT area. Will be back in a few months for a trade show at the Convention Center and the Watertown is a top contender for me even with the travel considerations into downtown.

The one issue I did encounter was with the in-room WiFi. They say to just lock into the hotel's wireless but neither of my computers could do so. I didn't bother to investigate further because the desk had an active Ethernet port and I simply plugged my MacBookPro into the port and established a wireless network with that computer.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BmoreTrav
Los Alamitos, California
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Watertown is a very cozy and comfortable home away from home. The rooms are very clean and the beds are firm and comfortable. The staff is extremely nice and helpful and hot cookies in the afternoon and a solid breakfast buffet always a welcome treat. Location near UW is great for visiting campus for our new Husky son! We have stayed here twice and will definitely be back again! We used the free rental bikes to tour campus and surrounding area -- a very nice amenity offered. The hotel also has various freebies to borrow while you are there (games, movies, etc). Strongly recommended!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 July 2010

This is truly a “no frills” experience. The “Watered Down Hotel” has no room service, no bellman (carry your own luggage) and young, inexperienced front desk workers. We stayed there four nights, and asked (thrice) the housekeeper and the front desk to change our sheets before giving up. A FedEx package for me was delivered to the Front Desk, and they didn’t notify me and even denied that they’d received it even after I pointed it out sitting on the counter. The fitness center is tiny, obviously an afterthought. On the plus side, the included breakfast buffet was nice, free internet is helpful and the proximity to the U. of W. is very convenient.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank willie90212
MarcoBaumann, General Manager at Watertown Hotel - A Staypineapple Hotel, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
We're very sorry about the unprofessional manner with which your package was handled, or not handled. We have a philosophy about delivering intelligent and genuine hospitality, which you did not experience during your stay with us.

We hope that this will not be your lasting memory of our hotel. We strive to deliver consistent service and apologize for failing in this instance.
Elton Cambs UK
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We returned to the Watertown in June 2010 for a one week stay. Once again it did not disappoint . Our suite was good value compared to downtown, and was spacious. It was clean and comfortable , and although there was some traffic noise this dropped off a lot from around 10.00pm until around 7.30 ,so we slept ok. Housekeeping were unobtrusive and very efficient. Front of house were relaxed and helpful, especially when we had to return for one night having missed our flight home. The free Breakfast was more than adequate with fresh pastries and fruit every day. If you also consider the free shuttle downtown and free parking its a bargain. You could argue that the trip into town is inconvenient but you have the benefit of being 5 minutes walk from the University campus grounds - a great place to wander round and relax. Its not a luxury full service hotel but those places tend to be stuffy and we prefer the informaltiy of the Watertown.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Santa Maria, California
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Spent three nights at the Watertown while visiting my daughter, a UW freshman, and could not have been more favorably impressed. As busy as this hotel was, they somehow kept delivering little extras that made me feel like a special guest.
I used the towncar service to run a couple of errands downtown, so I didn't really need the rental car that I had; it sat in the garage (free parking!). Everything in the UW area is a short walk from the Watertown, and if you opt to take public transportation the bus to downtown stops a half block from the front of the hotel. It is about a 15 min. ride.
The desk staff was courteous and helpful. I requested one of the special "carts" (movies) that is a signature of this hotel and it arrived right on time. I
The room was large and well laid out. I had a quiet corner room that offered views of the Space Needle and also a bit of a water view. The shower had plenty of pressure and the bed was very comfortable. And the room was absolutely spotless. I could not ask for more.
I also availed myself of the very generous complimentary breakfast each morning, and there is a wine tasting in the afternoons (I didn't partake). I used the loaner bicycles to get around the campus and U District, and tried out a few bike trails while my daughter was in class.
When you add in all the extras that come with the basic room charge, this hotel is an excellent bargain. And it is a GREAT hotel experience.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank sloopiek
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We can't say enough about this new hotel. My wife and I are in the travel business and we were thoroughly impressed with everything that the Watertown offered! GREAT value, complementary, secure, underground parking, complimentary downtown shuttle service every hour, complimentary full breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access and a wonderful, spacious, corner room, 15 min from downtown Seattle in proximity of Univ of Washington campus with access to many wonderful restaurants. GREAT service with a warm and friendly staff who went out of their way to make sure that our visit exceeded our expectations - AND IT DID! The next time we're in Seattle, there is no question where we will want to stay! THANK YOU Watertown staff!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple