“Perfect in every way”

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very clean with incredibly comfortable beds. The hotel seemed to be new or newly renovated, which is always nice. Each room has complimentary Starbucks coffees and teas, with a coffee pot and microwave. The hotel is connected to Starbucks downstairs. The desk staff is friendly and helpful-- they know everything (good spots to eat or hang out, transportation tips, etc.). The location is perfect-- walking distance to everything, but not in the middle of town, so it's quiet at night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Mediterranean-Sea206, Director of Sales at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2013

Hi Jacqueline,
Thanks so much for your kind comments on your stay at the Med!! Our staff is very knowledgeable about the area and there are so many great places to dine, shop and it’s so easy to walk to everything, it’s hard to decide where to go first! I hope you had time to take in the Chilhuly Garden of Glass near the Space Needle, sure wish we could afford some of that glass art in the Lobby! - It is so amazing! We do have some wonderful local upcoming artists that we have purchased glass from, and it’s on display in our Lobby; hope that you enjoyed that as well. We have family in Austin and love it there too, such a beautiful city…”Hook ‘em Horns”! Come back and stay with us again soon! The Med

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Most important: the Mediterranean Inn is overpriced. Be prepared to pay extra for some narrow garage parking. Extra for Wi-Fi internet in the room. I also could not find anything in the room which could justify price paid. You have an option to use a small gym and to use free of charge internet hooked computers on a first floor. I also saw a number of Chihuly glass vases in the hall and was asking myself - am I paying for them too? During same trip I stayed also in the nearby Inn at Queen Anne and found it more likeable at lower rates.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Being from Seattle I have no interest in staying noisy Downtown/Bell Town when I visit.I can stay in Uptown with a view instead.This clean and comfortable Inn is walking distance to the best of Seattle.Tim Tup Thai ,10 Mercer ,The Mecca and Dicks are all very popular with locals.Taking a Metro bus to the Pike Place Market is much easier than trying to find parking when you arrive there. The staff was very polite,check in/out was a breeze. The room I stayed in had great view and I will request it on my next stay. Metropolitan Market and Bartells Drug Store are open 24 hours one block away.Directly across the street is a great historic movie theater, The Uptown. I usually stay with friends but I was with my husband on business. We travel often and enjoyed the convenience of the neighborhood .We found the room comfortable for the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2012

The staff was very accommodating, the bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean and had a Sound view! All of this for a great price in a great location. We took advantage of the kitchenette and bought some breakfast items from the Safeway next door. We were able to walk to all of the classic Seattle attractions.

Room Tip: Ask for an exterior room and see if a room with a Sound view is available.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Nothing terribly special about this place except that it's close to Seattle Center I suppose. Didn't have a great experience with the staff, some of them were polite but others were incredibly rude. Nice view from the roof on a clear day.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Katherine C
Reviewed 18 December 2012

The staff was wonderful....the room very clean and quiet. On the downside we had to pay 16.00 extra for secure parking.....5.00 more for a queen bed.........5.00 extra for internet......there was no view except looking into other rooms. The price was still somewhat reasonable but seemed deceiving to me. We ended up paying a total of 107.00 after starting out at 81.00.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank LOLLYPOP58686
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in Seattle, since I was planning on looking for a cheap hotel and a place close to the attractions, I found this on the internet for $69 per night. It's situated near the seattle center and the Kerry park, which is easy to find. They have fitness center and a computer room for guests to use. The counter was very helpful with the information about Seattle. Great experience.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo