“Great City, budget hotel”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #35 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Edmonton, Canada
“Great City, budget hotel”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

This hotel is walking distance to Seattle Centre and has restaurants and noisy bars close by. I found the front desk staff pleasant but very ignorant of the arts and theatre highlights in this great city. To have never heard of the Seattle Art Museum is shocking. Our room was right over what turned out to be a jammed garbage disposal machine which banged like a train hitting a concrete wall over and over again. The front desk staff eventually located the problem two consecutive nights when I called down at 2:00AM, and turned the machine off. Maids missed our room one day and regularly left only Decaf coffee and no soap. It would be nice to have real cutlery or at least decent quality plastic cutlery, along with paper towels and more than one cup and one glass. There is no dish towel, dish soap, plates, bowls, etc., so luckily there is a Safeways and Marketplace a short walk away. I didn't find the access to the rest of the city that easy from this neighbourhood, you really needed to go downtown first, then get a bus going to the rest of the city. The monorail from Seattle Centre has very limited hours and stops running at 9PM, meaning buses were a better option coming home from downtown or other neighbourhoods. The hotel is not soundproof within the hotel nor for outside noises. The price was reasonable, but I am not sure I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher floors far from elevator and front street.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jeff M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Hebrew first
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Booked this hotel through hotwire so I didn't really know what I was going to get, for the $88 price. We stayed for two nights. Because I booked through hotwire I was unable to specify a bed perferance and was disappointed to end up with a very small double bed for my wife and I who are spoiled with our King bed at home. The room itself is decent but very dated looking. While it was nice having the microwave and fridge with free water and popcorn, the microwave was otherwise useless as our 'kitchenette' didn't include any plates, bowls or cutlery of any kind. Throughout our first night at the hotel both of us were kept awake by very loud odd huming noise which we discovered the next day was the fridge. I turned the fridge off and the problem was solved.

The $5 a day internet fee kind of sucked since its free at the Satrbucks in the same building, but it's a lot cheaper than the $13 the fancy Marriot charged us in Seattle. I guess free wifi in Seattle is only available in coffee shops and not hotels.

Some pluses of the hotel included the rooftop deck (awesome view) and the proximinity to Seattle Centre. While the downtown core was about a 20 minute walk away, the hotel is less than 5 minutes away from the Seattle Centre attractions (check out the Gates Foundation while there) and is near some nice restaurants on Queen Anne heading away from the water.

Front desk service was great.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dastew
Tacoma, WA
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I came to Seattle for a conference that was being held at the Seattle Center. This was the perfect location for all of my events. I was able to walk a couple of blocks to the conference, and never had to take my car out of the garage. This is an older hotel, but nice and clean. The first room I was given had flags hanging just outside of the window. Unfortunately I noticed that they made loud scraping and moaning noises right away, so I asked if there were any other options. The receptionist immediately gave me a key to another room, and asked that I go and check it out to see if I felt it would be better for me. It was much better - so I moved into that room. I was very happy that the staff was so understanding and accommodating. My stay was very nice and uneventful. The staff was always friendly and greeted me with a smile.

The only down side was the noise from outside. There must be a bar down the block. One of the nights I heard drunk people arguing and making quite a racket. Later that night, when the bar was closing (2am), there was a lot of outside noise for about 30 minutes while loud drunk people must have been leaving the bar... Obviously this was no fault of the hotel, but it was difficult to sleep.

Room Tip: I would suggest requesting a room on the high floors to lessen the street noise. Also - make sure t...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DEBRA L
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Nice rooms, good location shame about the wifi.
It was a great stay rooms are nice and roomy, nice to get a fridge and a coffee machine.
Head up to the roof for an amazing view over Seattle.
The only down sides were the lack of free wifi and no milk to have with my tea or coffee. It would have been nicer to be closer to the centre of the city but the bus service was good.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Fun-beer-fan
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I was a little skeptical with the name "inn" in its name but hubby made a good choice. The hotel is close to a few restaurants and there is a Starbucks next to it. Safeway is a couple of minutes' walk around the corner if you need a midnight snack. The hotel is also within walking distance to Seattle Centre and we can take a monorail to the city from there besides the bus service in front of the hotel.

Its staff at the reception are friendly and helpful and could provide us with lots of advise as we are first time tourists in the area.

Definitely will use this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank YongCF
longview Wa
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Just stayed at the Mediterranean Inn in Queen Anne district Seattle. GREAT price for the location. Parking underground was only $15 which was a value in itself. Once you park you can walk anywhere! The Hotel was clean, friendly staff, a Starbucks in the lobby and in the rooms!!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank babsbrister
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 8 March 2013

I was skeptical to stay here, given the low star count. However what a find! The location is perfect. A nice walk to EVERYTHING! There are resturants and bars literally within a block of this hotel. Also, I have NEVER stayed anywhere so quiet....actually got good rest!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the top floor,it was so quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple