I picked a time of year to visit Seattle when the hotel rates were higher than what I normally pay. I'm more of an off-season traveler. I ended up deciding on the Mediterranean based on reviews and location. I booked using my AAA membership and saved a little.
I opted for a 1-bedroom room facing the street. It was whatever the second room rate up is. I didn't want to chance a really tiny room with no view at all.
I also did like the fact that there was a rooftop deck. I was hoping to maybe catch some views of the city from there. I was not disappointed. The kitchenette in the room was also a plus. But the complimentary bottled water they left had a funny taste.
What I did like the most was the location! It was super-easy to get to and from the hotel by bus and there were many good restaurant choices nearby. I would recommend this place for that reason alone.
It was not hot while I was there, so cracking the window open was enough to get some nice air moving in the room. I will say they do probably have the slowest elevator known to mankind. No reason to rush on vacation, so not a deciding factor. Just annoyingly slow.
All employees I came into contact were friendly and helpful. And check in and out were quick as can be.
Definitely a place I'd consider staying again.
additional comment - plenty of outlets in room to charge laptop, phone, cameras, etc. at night. Some hotels always seem to lack this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally located for business or pleasure in the vibrant Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle. The Space Needle, Key Arena and downtown Seattle are just moments away and for our coffee lovers we feature a Starbucks(R) Cafe off the lobby. The hotel is beautifully appointed with the look of the Mediterranean that embraces you with a comfortable and relaxed feeling. Each guest room features a kitchenette and the entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mediterranean Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Seattle
- Mediterranean Inn Seattle