“Lower Expectations Means Higher Satisfaction”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Ranked #30 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Having read previous reviews, we booked in spite of some negative comments and weren't disappointed. Front desk service was affable and professional, parking is onsite (although watch out for the steep ramps), and the room was superb. The bed was super comfy and toiletries abundant. No restaurant onsite but access to the Starbucks next door is from inside the foyer.

Easy 10-minute walk to Seattle Centre where you can find the Space Needle, the Key Arena, the Chihuly Museum (superb!), and the 5-minute monorail journey into the downtown core.

Room Tip: Spectacular views from our sixth (top) floor facing downtown (south). However, need to be in a non...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

James,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us a bit about your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our great location and look forward to seeing you next time you are in Seattle.

There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Inn

Reviewed 26 November 2013

The location of the hotel was great, as it was walking distance from the space needle and public transportation, but cleanliness and customer service were disappointing. I was there 3 nights. Housekeeping did not clean my room after the first night and on the last night the sheets I received were stained and I had to request new ones. Also, the night stand in the room was filthy. I let the front desk know about the issues, but they didn't do much to correct them. Every time I asked to speak to a manager, I was told that they were not available. Also, since I pre-paid for my stay via a third party website, I was told by the front desk that there was nothing they could do in regards to receiving a credit or better accommodations. I will not be visiting the Mediterranean Inn again on my future visits to Seattle and I will not be recommending it to anyone. For the cost, I feel I did not get my money's worth.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Alex L
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Alex,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We constantly are needing to reevaluate how we do business and appreciate knowing the experience of each of our customers.

I am so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay at our property. We are proud to have a Housekeeping staff here of well-trained individuals that have been with us for many years, and I am rather surprised to find that they would have overlooked a stain on your sheets as you experienced. Our management team is one that always wants to hear from our guests directly, and I am sorry that these issues in your room were not brought to our attention sooner.

To briefly address the note about your prepaid booking: Most often, prepaid reservations are booked through a Third Party (Expedia, for example) which can restrict the freedom the hotel has in directly modifying or crediting a guest for a reservation. We aim to be equally accommodating to all of our guests, however, regardless of any variety in how the reservation was booked.

I apologize again that our hotel's value did not shine through in your stay as we aim for. I am glad you enjoyed our great location, and I do hope that the time you spent in the city of Seattle was not dampened by your experience here. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We especially enjoyed our stay at the Mediterranean Inn. The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. If you want to park your car and walk to restaurants, the Key Arena and/or the Seattle Center attractions, the Mediterranean Inn is an ideal place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fell0w_Traveler

Fellow Traveler,

Thank you for your review! We love our location here, and are glad to hear that you found it as enjoyable as we do. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We reserved here to see a concert at Key Arena, and were just looking for proximity to the event. We got so much more! The front desk personnel were so friendly when we checked in, even explaining which level of the parking garage would be most accommodating to my size of vehicle. I had no idea there was a rooftop viewing area and the view of downtown Seattle with the space needle as well as across the Puget sound last night at sunset was breathtaking! We also were looking for info on visiting Olympic national park, and the gentleman at the concierge/info desk was more than helpful with that and some other day trips in the area. I highly recommend this place!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outside to have a view!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Mia,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! I am very pleased to hear that the staff was so accommodating and thorough in their assistance of your stay. Yes, we adore our rooftop deck and are happy to hear you were able to experience it! We look forward to having you stay for your next concert at Key Arena.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I've been to fancier hotels but the Mediterranean Inn had everything I needed for a great nights sleep including (very importantly) quiet. My room was immaculate, the bed was comfortable and the staff were warm, friendly and very helpful. The location is great if you need to be in the Queen Anne area but it's relatively close to a lot attractions. Two major pluses - free parking and wifi.

Room Tip: I think the rooms away from the street are more quiet. Not much of a view but a view isn't as ne...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Linda,

Thank you so much for your review! I am happy to hear that you found our accommodations comfortable for your time in Seattle. We look forward to seeing you next time.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

We made a reservation because of an early morning Seattle event to save the early morning 2 hour drive. Got there and they had no parking at all although i had called ahead to make sure there was parking for guests. They Offered to give us a map to parking lots but warned us that we would not find anything close by, it was $20 and would be hard to find anything since there was a concert at Key Arena. It was a windy rainy night. No apologies or remedies were offered. We left and found a room in Seatac and were lucky we didn't have to drive all the way back home only to turn around and drive back at 5:30 am. Thanks Red Lion Seatac - never again Mediterranean Inn.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Ophelia_40
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback about our property. I am sorry to hear that our parking wasn't available to you. On busy concert nights we almost always run out, and often it can happen sooner than expected. We train our staff to monitor it closely, but all of this should have been clarified to you when you called so that we could help your planning as best as possible. I apologize that we were not accommodating as we could have been. Should you ever return to this area, we would love the opportunity to host you and earn your business. Regardless, I am glad to hear that the rest of your time in the Seattle area was enjoyable and that you were able to get the rest you needed.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

My mother stayed here for a visit. It is very close to my apartment and the Seattle Center :) Before she came I asked to be shown a room. They were very accommodating. The only issue my mom had was that the pillows were too fluffy and large. She is a small woman and they were difficult to sleep with. There were no utensils in the kitchenette area, somewhat inconvenient. There is also a lovely view from their rooftop deck. It was nice to have her so close and in a clean, lovely environment.

Room Tip: Rooms with AC cost extra and they have a view but it does not get warm enough in Seattle to warrant...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Shannaboo16

Thank you for your response about your mother's stay! I am glad that our staff was accommodating to your needs. And isn't that roof desk marvelous? Thank you as well for your feedback about the pillows. In the last two months we actually changed over all of our hotel's linen and bedding. The pillows were chosen to provide as much comfort and support as possible, but we appreciate knowing what they are like to those sleeping on them.

It is true that our kitchenettes do not have utensils stocked inside. We do have all such items ready to be provided upon request. Should you or your mother ever return to stay with us, please let the desk know what you require (plates, utensils, wine glasses, etc.) and we will bring them straight to you!