“could not be beat”

GreenLeadersGold level
Vancouver, Canada
“could not be beat”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I went to Seattle to watch the Seahawks NFC Championship and made a reservation with 4 days notice. I even found a groupon and received a double room for $80.00. Their prices are fantastic to start with considering the location. Staff was extremely friendly. The view from the roof top lounging area is great! Lots of good restaurants and bars within walking distance and the staff will recommend your preferences. All in all one of if not the best hotel deal in any city I have experienced. Not 5 star by any means ,but extremely clean, friendly, and a great deal.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank FIRE3062
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Thank you for your feedback! Glad to hear that you found a great deal for the big game (Go Hawks!) and enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to having you back!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Hebrew first
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Staff were very nice and the location is excellent. Lots of good dining in the area. We had a Groupon discount which might have influenced the room selection. Room 119 is just off the lobby and over the entrance to the parking garage. We could hear the garage door opening and closing quite distinctly and we could also hear the toilets flushing above us in the morning. The view included one of the residents of the ajacent on his balcony for a some, he was suprsingly close so we kept the blind closed. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was large and the artfully folded towels were a nice touch but the room itself felt small and dark. Room does not appear to have A/C which is not needed in winter.

Room Tip: Request an upper floor if view or quiet are important. Ask about A/C.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canny2014
Thank you very much for giving us your feedback. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our wonderful location as much as we do. It is unfortunate that you did not have the experience we both wanted you to have during your stay. Regardless of how someone books (Groupon, Expedia, by phone call, etc.) we never intentionally put anyone in a unit that we think they will hate. As much as we can, we love showing off our best units, and are always willing to swiftly address issues of noise, discomfort, or preference to the best of our ability. I wish we had known these things sooner, so that we could have had a better impact on your time here. As you saw with the "artfully folded towels", the smallest details matter to all of us at the Mediterranean.

(As a note about the A/C, many of our units on the top two floors have A/C. If one is preferred, the easiest way to book one is by contacting us directly.)

Thank you again for your feedback.
San Clemente, CA
Reviewed 15 January 2014

This was my second stay to this hotel. Got a good last minute rate from Hotels.com. Stayed 2 nights and like the last time found this a good place to stay downtown at a fair rate. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Room was a bit small but decent, nothing fancy. On Saturday night was woken up at 2am to loud drunks, just like 2 years ago, ha ha. I think there is some kind of party scene in the neighborhood on the weekend. No big deal as I was able to go back to sleep, actually kind of funny as there was one drunk arguing with someone who sounded like a crazy homeless person.

Love the roof top deck with great views of the city. The gym was very nice and better than expected. Computer room well equipped and convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor facing south or west
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Dwight B
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave feedback! I am glad to hear that you tried us again and enjoyed your return trip.

Being near a few bars in the area, plus a large concert venue (Key Arena) there are some nights that inevitably guests are more on the rowdy side. We are lucky to be staffed 24/7, so if it ever happens again and does keep you up, please give the Front Desk a call! We will always do what we can to fix the problem.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Great location & price point. There was a slight mix up upon check in, but the front desk was quick and accommodating while clearing up the slight inconvenience. The staff was always a pleasure. Will definitely stay again on our next Seattle visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SteviiN
Thank you for your feedback! I am sorry about the mix-up, but very glad to hear that it was handled efficiently. We look forward to having you back sometime soon!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

The hotel has a Starbucks in its premises that is wonderful for taking meetings and for staying in with a hot Latte in the midst of rainy weather. The hotel provides a smal kitchenette hat is stocked with Starbucks coffees and teas. The room is equipped with a VCR along with popcorn to enjoy a movie night in. Just up Queen Anne there is a great video store. The gym is stocked with delicious red and green apples daily, fresh towels, lots of bottled water from the state of Washington along with a mid level weight machine and cardio equipment. Upstairs on the roof level there is a scenic view of the waterfront, the space needle and the beautiful downtown view of of Seattle. The Lobby is thoughtfully socked with umbrellas, bikes for rent and knowledgable staff that are in tune with what's happening in the city. Just outside the hotel is a movie theater that screen international and box office movies. Right along Queen Anne there is a fantastic Indian, Thai, Mexican, French and Italian restaurants that are ranked in the top 10 in the country. This is my third stay at the Mediterranean Inn and my first go-to place in Seattle for cozy, warm and a welcoming stay.

Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Tennis_Champ2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am very pleased to hear we have earned your continued patronage here at the Mediterranean Inn and look forward to seeing you again soon.

DFW
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a charming hotel with friendly staff, clean and convenient. I found my room charming, daily housekeeping was great and the coffee, water and very reasonably priced Wi-Fi and fridge and microwave and exercise room and laundry were extra treats. Easy walk downtown. Starbucks downstairs. This is my go to spot in Seattle for visits now and am telling all my friends. Great to know long-term option also.

Room Tip: Other reviewers have mentioned views--they are great from the rooftop; I economized with a double ro...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AldenDfw
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the New Year.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 January 2014

This boutique hotel was a real find. I discovered it through one of the voucher companies and so the price was incredible with parking and wifi included. At the rate offered, I spent two nights when I was only planning one for business. Emily, the front desk attendant was really knowledgeable about the hotel as was the night attendant. The staff seems to care about the place unlike the staffs at the chain hotels.

The beds are super comfortable, and they provided me with an umbrella since it was raining when I left the hotel for dinner. Nice touch, although real Seattlites you won't find using an umbrella. There are many great restaurant around the neighborhood but don't miss the Mecca Cafe across the street for breakfast (all day!) or the Toulouse Petit Kitchen & Lounge for dinner. Both were recommended by the hotel staff.

They also allowed me (at a price) to keep my car in their indoor parking after I checked out since I had a meeting to go to. Be warned the parking spaces are the size of a postage stamp so be very careful when parking. I don't know how I would have done it if other cars had been waiting and I drive a compact!

I would definitely stay here again. There are no frills, but since you are so close to so much to do and see in Seattle, you will not care. I told them upon leaving that I had a business trip the following month and was going to see if the voucher code company would allow me to use their deal again and the hotel matched their price then and there. So it looks like I am becoming a regular!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view or facing the space needle and don't forget to visit the rooftop...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Paul N
Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm glad our staff was able to provide you with the great recommendations to various restaurants and sites in the area. We appreciate your continued patronage look forward to welcoming you back next time!