“No frills, but no complaints”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Cleveland, Ohio
“No frills, but no complaints”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had to book a last-minute trip to Seattle for a very sad occasion -- the memorial for a dear friend who had passed away. I really got gouged on the airfare, but luckily, I was able to find a room at the Mediterranean Inn for a very good price. The location was perfect for me, not far from the Space Needle or downtown Seattle, close to bus lines that can get you wherever you need to go. When I say "no frills," I mean it -- the rooms have no air conditioning, and the hotel charges for internet use (which is pretty unheard of these days). That said, all I really needed was a clean, safe, comfortable place to stay for a couple of days, and the Mediterranean was absolutely all of those things.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry to hear of the circumstances of your stay, but glad to know that we were able to have a comfortable place for you here. We do aim to be "no frills" so that we can pass our savings onto our guests and stay focused on great customer service. Though we are always looking for ways to improve, knowing we don't have it all figured out, and very much appreciate all feedback.

Air conditioning is something we currently only have to offer in some of our top floor units. Thanks to the mild Seattle climate we are in, it rarely is an issue.

We appreciate your patronage and feedback and hope to see you again!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Arvada, Colorado
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Took a risk and booked this hotel for a 12 night stay, having never stayed there. Had read the reviews and I wanted a location in the North Queen Anne area which had a small kitchennette and off-street parking. The Mediterranean Inn met the criteria. Check in was smooth, with brief explanation of amenities. My room was on 4th floor facing Queen Anne Ave, king bed, window seat and small kitchennette area. I requested dishes and cooking items and the next day a large pack of an electric hot plate, pots and pans, dishes, cooking utensils, flatware and dish soap arrived with a drying rack. Worked perfect for me with the fridg, microwave and small sink. Many good restaurants within walking distance and I could bring home my leftovers too. A Safeway grocery store is across the street too. Underground parking was good. The wireless connection in my room was slow and I ended up using my mobile hotspot instead. The hotel credited me. The gym in the hotel is equipped well and I used it several times. They keep fruit and water bottles plus extra towels in the gym which appreciated, The housekeeping staff was wonderful. I worked in my room a couple of days and didn't use housekeeping and they were quiet and respectful. My last night there, we had a power outage. I always carry a flashlight and a whistle with me just in case and the light was needed, You can't believe how dark hallways, stairwells and an underground parking garage can be until you have no lights. All the power was off in the entire block so the hotel staff did their best, They came down and manually opened the garage door so I could get my car out. I will stay here again when the weather is cool, not hot. There is a ceiling fan in the room but no air conditioning so be aware of this when you book. Not a problem for me this time of year. All around great experience for a reasonable price.

Room Tip: I always prefer an upper floor and I would choose a room 4th floor or higher on the Queen Anne Ave s...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank M B
Thank you again for your feedback. We are so glad to know that your extended stay here was pleasant and comfortable. The power outage definitely caught us all by surprise, and while it was unfortunately entirely out of our control, we find it has been an invaluable learning experience.

Regarding the air conditioning, we do have some of our top floor units that have air conditioning. Calling the property directly is the best way to guarantee one of those as needed. We are hoping to expand the number of units with A/C soon to continue to ensure comfort for our guests.

Seattle, WA
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had gone to the ballet and couldn't get home due to snow. We booked this place last minute. It was perfect! The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a 5th floor room with a view of Queen Anne. The room had a comfy window seat where we sat and watched the snow fall. They also have a rooftop terrace with great views of the city. There are tons of great places to eat within blocks. A local favorite, Dick's, is right across the street. There is also a Safeway in case you need anything. Our room had a kitchenette which would have been handy had we been there longer. The room was clean. Not a lot of city noise made its way in. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the space needle
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank backpackerjmk
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, as unexpected as it must have been! We really do have a great location and it seems like you took full advantage of it. Thank you again for your patronage - come and see us again the next time you head to the ballet, snow or not!

Seattle
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I have traveled all over the world and stayed at truly amazing hotels and resorts. But when push comes to shove, it is the people that count. Who'd have thought that right in my own back yard (when going through a nasty divorce) a group of people at the Mediterranean took me in as family! Don't miss the roof view and amazing restaurants, either!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor and a view of the hill!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Thank you so much for your patronage and gracious remarks! We wish you the best and will look forward to hosting you any time that you need a place to stay.

Best Wishes,
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We only stayed here as we had a Groupon deal but was not disappointed; we checked in pretty swiftly and must say I didn't feel like the front desk staff were judging towards us like others have said, quite the opposite really, the chap that checked us in was very talkative and advised us where we could grab some late drinks and food.

The room was perfectly fine and great for the price that we paid; we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you found us on a deal and enjoyed your time. Personally I think we have a fabulous staff here, and I'm pleased to hear that the gentleman checking you in did everything we aim to do consistently: be friendly, knowledgeable, and efficient with everyone.

We look forward to having you back with us!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

This hotel has all the little touches I care about- windows that open, fantastic location, fridge, microwave..very clean, friendly, and quiet even on the night of the Super Bowl win(: even the coffee makers are okay and not the awful pod kind. There is also a Starbucks right there. Quite a find, we will be back!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you for your comments! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you back next time! (Perhaps even for the next Seahawks Super Bowl win!)

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a weekend their during a justin timberlake conert. It was nice. Room size was good for the price. View was next to another building. Parking was a battle. Staff was good. Thin walls where you can hear your neighbors. Pretty clean room. Bed was beat so they compensated it with a topping mattress. It didnt work. Pillows were just horrible. Bring your own. Great location. We walked while we were there. Space needle, pikes place and other sights. We walked the whole time. Enjoyed it.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad that you found a place so close to the concert and that you enjoyed your time in the area. I am sorry to hear that you didn't find our beds and pillows as comfortable as we both would have liked. Parking is definitely more difficult for us on nights with Key Arena events. We always recommend to guest to come early as we can't guarantee spots, so it's good to hear you were able to find a space with us.

Regarding the title of your post, we are absolutely a non-smoking property and take any violation of that extremely seriously. Unfortunately, on busier nights those that stay with us don't always want to follow our policies. I hope this wasn't a discomfort to your time here.