“Awesome Place If You're Looking for Location, Convenience, & Attractions!”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Boise
“Awesome Place If You're Looking for Location, Convenience, & Attractions!”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here on a three-day weekend trip to Seattle. We booked the hotel through Orbitz at an extremely reasonable price well off the rack rate which included extra discounts during a "flash" sale. Its Queen Anne location offers a myriad of opportunities for a mix of dining and night club experiences as well as significant Seattle attractions, i.e. Puget Sound, Space Needle, Seattle Center, EMP Music Experience, and over all Seattle downtown. We found the front desk staff especially friendly and helpful. The amenities, i.e. microwaves, fridge, hair dryers, 32" flat screen tv's,etc. are nice to have. The even provide popcorn and Starbucks coffee daily. By the way, there's also a Starbucks connected to the hotel which we found quite convenient. Complimentary umbrellas are also provided which, of course, can come in very handy in Seattle. The rooms are immaculately clean and the beds quite comfortable. Oh, be sure to take in all the beautiful views of the Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline from the deck at the top of the hotel. The fitness center is not the greatest but certainly good enough to get in a nice workout. A couple of drawbacks for some might be the fact they charge an $18 a day fee for parking (A caution: the spaces are exceptionally narrow) and a $5 a day fee for wi fi. They do have a very nice business center with access to six computers along with three computers in the lounge area at no charge which we used and always found available, however. Actually, if one is flying into Seattle for a visit and is only interested in spending time in downtown Seattle, a car is not really needed with all the public transportation available, i.e. light rail from the airport, the monorail, and the bus system, plus just simply walking to all the immediate nearby sites from the hotel. Finally, do request a room with a view on an upper floor. Interior rooms do not have views.. Even though we had paid a significantly discounted price for our room, we requested and were given an outside room on the fifth floor which gave us a nice view of the Sound. We'd definitely look to stay here on any future Seattle visit.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside room on an upper floor facing the Puget Sound for a nice view.
3 Thank durf1
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am glad to hear that we were such a great fit for your visit to Seattle. Regarding the drawbacks you mentioned: we do aim to keep extra costs separate by only charging guests for what they will use. Our goal is never to stack up charges, but to offer our product at an affordable price to everyone. This is also how we can offer such great rates as the one you found on Orbitz.com!

Happy to hear the desk staff took such great care of you and were able to show off one of our great rooms and views to you! We hope to see you again on your next Seattle trip.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 March 2014

My friend and I stayed Saturday night, during a weekend in Seattle. It was a Groupon deal but in hindsight we should have paid more and stayed somewhere where we could have actually slept. The traffic noise from the street was so loud that even with the windows closed, earplugs in and the pillow over my head, I had difficulty sleeping. There were sirens, car alarms and voices from the sidewalk most of the night. Another concern is the configuration of the underground parking. The ramps are so steep between levels, my friend's Mazda 3 bottomed out. And the stalls are so small, for every three stalls, only about two cars could safely park. The hotel also smelled of cigarette smoke even though it claims to be nonsmoking.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Irene G
Irene,

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have the experience that we both would have wanted for your stay with your friend. The area can be a busy one, especially on weekends, and I'm sorry that you were so affected by outside noise. Had we known, we would have gladly offered you and your companion one of our quieter rooms that face our Interior Courtyard. They are ideal for shutting out the street noise.

As for our parking garage, again on busy nights it can get very full which adds to any difficulty parking. We always appreciate constructive feedback, but unfortunately, our parking garage isn't anything we are able to significantly change or restructure at this time.

Finally, we are absolutely 100% non-smoking. At times, we have individuals that think they can make exceptions to this rule. They are charged a fine, and if they do not cease, they are asked to leave the property.

Thank you again for your feedback. We appreciate your patronage and would be happy to host you for your next stay in Seattle, but understand if we just aren't the right fit for your needs.

Victoria
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is within walking distance of the Seattle center, in a neighbourhood full of restaurants and Safeway. Do beware of scamers calling your room saying they are from the front desk needing your credit card details due to a computer glitch-unfortunately there is nothing the hotel can do to stop them from trying to scame you, but it is so obviously a scam. We got free parking and I loved there was free bottled water. The view from the rooftop is nice. Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry for the credit card scam that you experienced during your stay here; I hope you weren't too inconvenienced. It seems to be a constant battle in hospitality for these types of situations, and we are always trying to get better at how to handle them.

Aside from that, I'm glad you found the amenities enjoyable and the location convenient. Come back and see us again soon!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We got a social living deal and this was a pleasant surprise
The rooms nice service good
The only reason I don't rate it higher is the location is not as good as other places I stay as I like to be closer to the shopping
But that is not the fault of the property
The area is perfect for visiting the space needle and if you were here for a concert
There was some surprising good restaurants in the area
I would stay again if the price was right

1 Thank bluedenim
Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy our location as much as we would have liked. As you mentioned, the Space Needle, Key Arena, and restaurants make the surrounding neighborhood quite convenient for many travelers. But of course, we understand it isn't for everyone. Thank you for giving us a try with Living Social! You are always welcome back.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I purchased and booked my reservation on Groupon. I would highly recommend it as we got free parking and free Wi-Fi included in our deal. I booked four days in the middle of the week. I enjoy traveling to cities during the week, seems to be less hectic and better deals are found this way than on the weekend! We arrived at the hotel about 30 minutes after normal check in time. I was greeted by a nice gentleman who checked me in and it was so easy! We parked the car in their secure parking garage and unloaded our stuff. We got to our room and we had a view of Queen Anne hill. We were hoping for the Space Needle, but that view was pretty excellent too. The rooms are clean, the beds were comfortable. I liked that you could open the windows to let fresh air in. The rooms had nice little kitchenettes which came in handy for leftovers. My favorite part of the hotel was the observation deck. Every sunrise and sunset I was up there, and sometimes in between. This has got to be one of the best features of the Inn. A friend that I traveled with was excited to see that there was a Starbucks attached to the hotel lobby. A perk for her! This was an enjoyable experience. There really was only one thing that I was concerned about during our stay. My friends car is a Chrysler 300, usually sits a little lower to the ground. We totally bottomed out coming out of the parking garage and scraped up the undercarriage pretty good. We barely made it out without wrecking the car. When we returned later, we asked a few maintenance people what we could do about it. Their answer was either park in the garage, or park on the street. That wasn't the answer we were looking for exactly. No apology, or anything, or tips on how to get out of the garage without scraping the car. The day before we left, my friend asked a gentlemen that worked their in maintenance (someone different) who gave us tips on how better to pull out without scraping the bottom of your car all up. If I am staying in Seattle again, I will definitely stay at the Mediterranean Inn again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you so much for your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you found us through Groupon and enjoyed the time. The rooftop deck is one of our favorite perks of this location and are always glad to share it with our guests.

Thank you also for your comments on the parking garage. I apologize that the staff misunderstood the real questions you were asking and weren't helpful to you. We have shared this with all of our staff members in all departments so that we can continue to improve how we serve our guests, and we appreciate your help in making us better. We hope to see you again here soon!

Chicago, IL
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed here back in July and I am just getting to writing this review now. This was a great hotel, nicely decorate lobby (with a Starbucks) and the price was very reasonable. I will get the only negative out of the way first. The parking situation was a little scary, and yes, you have to pay for parking, but we are from Chicago, so that didn't faze us having to pay. What was scary was...we had a huge Ford Explorer SUV, and with the parking being underground, it was a little tight, and I felt the roof of the car might scrape the ceiling or at least it felt that way. The spaces were very small for our very large vehicle. We kept the car in one spot the whole weekend, and didn't drive again until we checked out.
The front desk staff was very helpful, and they gave us a few tips on where to eat. My friend and I are big walkers, so they also eased our minds about walking in certain areas at night. It was a nice brisk walk to Pike's Place market, but doable for sure and lots of great restaurants and bars along the way if you need to take a rest.
The rooms were a decent size, kind of older bed spreads, (typical hotel style though) and had a small kitchenette with a fridge a coffee maker. We were worried that the windows opened onto a courtyard and thought it might be noisy, but, that was a non-issue.
When we were there, the Northwest was experiecing some oddly extremely warm summer days, so we were worried that the hotel rooms didn't have air conditioning, but, with the windows open and the cieling fan, it was a nice breeze, didn't even miss not having AC.
If you have time, go check out the view from the rooftop deck. So worth it. We took a drink up there before going to bed. They have comfortable chairs, and had a great view of the water, and the Space Needle. (which was very close, in walking distance)
I would recommed this hotel to and if ever in Seattle, would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Karebear3434
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 1 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I am very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay last summer and were able to experience Seattle at arguably its best time. Also, since you've left us, we've actually had a full changeover on our linen: new towels, sheets, pillows, bedspreads... the works! If you are ever back in Seattle, we'd love to have you back to show off our new stuff.

Thank you again for remembering us, and sharing your experiences. We hope to see you out on the West Coast again soon.

Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

We spent our first night in Sealle here. It was a groupon deal and worth the price. The people that work here are very nice. If the weather permits see the rooftop view of the city. It is worth the price of staying here. The rooms are nice. They look like the were recently renovated. We loved it here. Plenty restaurants very close.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Michael F
Thank you for your review! We are finishing up a changeover of the linens in our rooms (bed spreads, towels, etc.) which definitely gives it all a fresh touch. I'm glad to hear that you found us through Groupon and enjoyed our rooms and location! We would be happy to have you back for your next trip to Seattle.