“Right place, right stuff”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I dragged my sorry butt into the warm and comfortable lobby of this hotel after walking 4.5 miles in the drizzle with a heavy backpack. The reservation wasn't under my name, so when I asked if I could check us in, the very friendly front desk clerk had me call the person whose name it was under to authorize me to check in. After that, it was heaven- a clean room, complimentary water, coffee and popcorn (!) and a bed that I sank into ever so gratefully. Our Groupon (which included parking in their underground lot and free wifi) was accepted with a smile, which is not always the case. The location was fabulous, walking distance from the Seattle Center, surrounded by restaurants, grocery and drug stores, etc. The staff made us feel so welcome, I will remember it for the next time I need a place to stay in Seattle!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, request an inner room...I didn't have any issues, but my friend did.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan S
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Thank you for your feedback! I'm sorry to hear that getting your keys to the room wasn't as quick as we would have liked, but we appreciate your patience and understanding. It seems you felt it was well worth the wait! We love our location as well and are glad that it suited your needs.

Thank you for noting about the interior-courtyard units as well. Those are definitely the best units for having a quiet night's sleep. I hope your friend wasn't too inconvenienced. Next time you stay with us, just remind us that is what you'd like and we'll be able to take care of you both!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I booked based on TripAdvisor reviews and this place did not disappoint. Very nice, comfortable, clean and all at great value. There are lots of good dining options very close and easy walk to downtown. The staff very helpful too, recommending some great dining spots. Our favorite part of the hotel was the roof top patio. Great view of the city and the harbor. If I had to find something to complain about the wifi was a slow. If you are visiting Seattle I would highly recommend staying here, we will when we come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sdmjohn71970

Thank you very much for your feedback! I am glad to hear that your stay was so comfortable; our location and roof deck are some of our favorite things as well. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, great area of town. Within walking distance of city center. There is NO on street parking, so you pay $18 for their parking garage, and$5 for internet. Other than those 2 inconveniences the place is great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you for your review! We do aim to make our rooms affordable and reasonable, and we find that the best way to do that for everyone is to leave separate charges, like parking and Internet, separate. We are always open to new ideas and appreciate all perspectives given, however, and appreciate the feedback.

Overall I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the area. We hope to see you next time you visit Seattle!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My two boys and I stayed at the Mediterranean Inn for five days. The front desk was helpful when my travel plans changed at the last minute. The room was spacious and clean. Beds were comfortable. The kitchenette was a plus and greatly appreciated.

The location was within walking distance to Seattle Center and Pike Place Market. Great view of Space Needle from the roof. Also there is a grocery store around the corner and a Starbucks in the lobby. Couldn't ask for anything more! (Well...maybe free Wi-Fi. LOL!)

Highly recommend and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather J

Thank you for your feedback! I am glad to hear you and your sons enjoyed your time with us for your stay. The next time your return to Seattle, we'd love to host you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in March on a Livingsocial Deal that included parking and wifi, although honestly I feel that wifi should be included free at a hotel of this type. The staff from the front desk to the cleaning staff were extremely friendly and welcoming. The hotel was very clean and the room well kept and neat. The location in walking distance from Seattle Center and restaurants cannot be beat. We did venture up to the rooftop viewing lounge/deck one night but it was just full of smokers and not as an enjoyable place to be as it could have.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again as the Livingsocial deal made this a very affordable option.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OregonPixel

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you were able to take advantage of such a great deal for your stay with us, and that you thoroughly enjoyed the location. We aim to keep charges separate so that guests are only paying for what they need during their stay; which is why our prices are so competitive year-round! But I'm glad that your experience was what you needed for your time in Seattle. We would love to have you back for your next visit!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Loved it and will return when travelling as a couple or - as I was - with mslef and one of the kids.

Had a great 2 day /1 night stay at this very quaint hotel and couldn't be happier with the service and cleanliness of the place. Got a great deal on Orbitz, but found that most travel sites were comparable in price. Myself and my 12-yr old had a quick trip from Vancouver to Seattle to take in EMP and other attractions and the locale and vibe of the area didn't disappoint. The hotel itself was extremely well-cared for and offered the little in-room extras that made it that much better: fridge, kitchen sink, microwave, free bottled water, in-room Starbucks coffee and several types of tea. We enjoyed the popcorn for a movie at bedtime on the flat screen TV. Next time we'll take them up on the $4.99 / day bike rental which is a steal and would be a great way to see the town, although the Queen Ann area in which the building is situated is rather hilly. Still, we walked a ton and it was enjoyable.

In the 2 days we were there we walked easily to City Centre a number of times and took the tram downtown for a more urban experience. The hotel isn't more than 10 minutes from EMP, Space Needle, a multitude of museums, a ton of cool neighbourhood restaurants and Key Arena as well as the tram that goes to the retail district. We were early for check-in (noon) and they didn't bat an eye getting us set up, despite the advertised 4 PM check-in time. Reception staff were relaxed and very helpful.

Wifi is just $5 / day for the room and there's a spacious room next to the lobby with set of computers to use free for an hour. The attached Starbucks, as many others have said here, was a bonus. This smallish "boutique hotel on a budget" supplied what was needed in comfortable and clean rooms that were, yes, a smaller space, but laid out with all what we needed for this trip at a rate that made the dinner out easier to splurge for. The ONLY issue I had was that the bath / shower water was just luke warm - not hot - so my morning routine of bath and read with a java had to be brief, or rather not-at-all. Perhaps when we head down in summer I'll by-pass the bath and go for the very cool roof-top scene the have set for the morning beverages.

Lastly, the beds were very nice and offered a great rest. There was street noise, but in an active area with a gong vibe, that can be expected. If prices remain as reasonable going forward, it will be our future landing spot when their is only 2 of us travelling. Or, we'll grab 2 rooms when the 4 of us head south for a weekend. It's very doable.

Room Tip: Upgrade to 2 beds for $10.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Lansaw
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thank you for all of your feedback! I'm glad you both had such an enjoyable stay in the Seattle area. There really is so much to see, do, and walk to, and it looks like you were able to take advantage of most of it! I am sorry to hear about your water temperature the morning of your departure. That is a very unusual thing to happen, and definitely something I wish we could have avoided for you.
For the next time you are in Seattle, please come and stay with us again! We'd love to have you both back.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We visited Seattle last week for Spring Break, and had a great stay at the hotel. Great location, comfortable beds, yummy restaurants (Toulouse Petit/Pesos), and helpful, friendly staff. We used a group on, but I would return again without a discount.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raja S

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the area and accommodations with us. We hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to Seattle!