“Not so great”

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #30 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hotel is clean and quiet - so it meets the minimum requirements.

However, the fitness center is tiny, the TV works badly - not even hi-def, the pillows were hard and they charge for WiFi.

Worse, I was given a room on a courtyard - really a glorified airshaft -- my window facing right into someone else's room - so my window and shade had to be down at night for privacy. The room had no AC - that's right no AC - so I was in a windowless, airless box. Yes, there was a ceiling fan, but really...

I, of course, complained - strongly - and was told they were sold out, no other rooms. nothing they could do for me- even when I told them I was looking for another hotel.
Great

Then the heat wouldn't turn off - and I complained again - suddenly a room was found.

Nice that they gave me a new room - but they should have moved me when I first complained and asked for a new room. I don't need the aggravation. I will stay elsewhere next time..

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view - don't get stuck on the airshaft
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank dschrader10
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Mr. Schrader,

I'm sorry that your experience wasn't what either of us wanted for your time here. The interior courtyard isn't for everyone, but many of our guests do appreciate the quiet accommodation that it provides. You are right that we should have listened to you at your first request. I hope in the end the room we moved you to with A/C was comfortable. We don't always need air conditioning in Seattle, but the days you were with us were quite warm for our June weather.

Again, I'm sorry to read that you won't be returning to stay with us. If you ever wanted to give us a second chance, we would be happy to have you back.

Kindly,
Front Office Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,583)

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for one night. We got a room facing the atrium. Out stay was very pleasent, at night it was very quite. The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette was a nice bonus. Best part of the hotel is definitely the roof top patio.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B1WIRE

Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant and quiet stay with us. The interior courtyard is definitely the best place to face if noisy streets are a concern. Glad to know you made it up to the roof deck! It's one of our favorite spots as well.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The Hotel was very good. Prices for Seattle were also very good. Surrounding area around the Hotel was good. T.S. McHugh's Irish Pub was also great and close by. 4 PM is kindly late for check-in.
The Hotel was clean, comfortable, and convenient .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hal772014

Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. With a check-out time of noon and a consistently busy hotel, 4pm is the earliest that we can solidly guarantee our rooms to be ready for check-in. We are always happy to check in guests earlier than that when the rooms are ready (which they often are), and will store luggage when rooms are not. I hope that you weren't inconvenienced or kept waiting.

Beyond that, it seems you enjoyed our location and affordability, which I am glad to hear. We hope to see you again the next time you travel out to Seattle.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Had a Wonderful stay at the Mediterranean Inn. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful! Rooms are immaculate! Loved the rooftop terrace with the beautiful views of the Space Needle and Mt. Rainier. We would definitely stay here again! Close to public transit to make getting around Seattle a breeze. Very good restaurants and the Seattle Center all in walking distance. Great room for the price. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary D

Mary,

Thank you for your feedback! Our staff is quite impressive and I'll be sure to compliment housekeeping for the feedback about your arrival. They work incredibly hard and it's great to know our guests take note. I'm glad to hear that the location was a great fit for you, and that your time in Seattle was so pleasant. We hope to have you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We were in Seattle for a couple of nights before a cruise. Found this hotel on the internet and it had great reviews. Loved this place. Very clean, great location. Beautiful view from the rooftop. Staff very friendly and helpful. They were able to help us book transportation from the airport and we were able to check in early. Grocery store nearby with prepared food. Would recommend this hotel.

4  Thank Carolinagirl2014

Thank you for your review, and I hope you enjoyed your cruise! Though we have a great location and rooftop deck as you mentioned, I believe the staff that we have are our best feature. I'm glad they were able to accommodate both an early arrival with us, and setting you up with needed transportation. We are looking forward to seeing you for the next time you're in Seattle.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Very impressed with the value of this hotel. Compared to the prices of other hotels in Seattle, I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a quiet, clean, friendly place to crash for a night or two. We paid for a standard King room and it came with a microwave, mini fridge, sink and coffee maker. The room and bathroom were clean. The woman at the desk greeted us with a big smile. There was a convenient store around the corner so we picked up some water and snacks. Checked in at 9pm and we left at 7am to catch a ferry (which was a 5 minute drive if you're looking to stay near the ferries). I can't comment on the hotel amenities or restaurant because we left so early but in terms of value, customer service, quietness and cleanliness it was great. When we come back, I'll definitely stay here again.

7  Thank Donna G

Donna,

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, as short as it was. We actually don't have a restaurant on property, so you didn't miss out on that, but you may not have had the chance to see our fabulous roof deck. It's open daily until midnight and has some of the best views you'll find in Seattle of the city and Puget Sound. When you come back to stay with us, make sure you make it a priority to see!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

This cute hotel was the perfect place to stay the night while going to a concert at the Key Arena. It is like a block and a half away from the venue. We stayed there the night of the Ceelo Green/Lionel Richie concert. It was also great because there are plenty of places to eat in the area late night. Went went for food after the concert. The hotel had parking which was an added plus! It cost $18 a day which is reasonable for hotel parking. We stayed a Friday night and the next day we wanted to site see a bit. The hotel let us keep our truck in the parking deck until like 2 even though we had checked out earlier. The rooftop view is a must see. The place was clean and comfortable

Room Tip: If you get a room on the 4th floor or up you will have a better view out your window. Visit the roof...
3  Thank Leah O

Leah,

Thank you for your comments! We are in what seems to be the perfect location for Key Arena concerts and events, and so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. With restaurants in such great proximity, the neighborhood is such a treat. We appreciate your patronage, and hope to have you back if you ever are in town for a concert or other visit!

Kindly,