“average hotel, slightly expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“average hotel, slightly expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed just for one night prior to catching a cruise to Alaska. its conveniently located for this purpose if you are walking to the cruise terminal at pier 91 - took about 35 mins. Its also about 20 15-20 mins walked to the space needle area etc.

The hotel itself is a little dated in its decor. I cant fault the staff's friendliness but for the price I paid (£114 for one night, breakfast and internet NOT included) I would have thought it would be a little more updated. They don't have a restaurant on site and I am told by friends of mine in Seattle that this is common, it just seems very inconvenient for the price.

my room was OK with sea views, but had badly sealed windows that whistled with any wind so I was glad it was for one night only or I would have changed rooms. I paid extra for the internet which was very fast but $4.99+tax extra. I really think this should be included in the price.

on my next visit to Seattle I will research somewhere that is better value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Mr. Owens,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your time with us as much as we would have wanted. We were built from the ground up in 2001, and since then have replaced or redone almost everything in the building (bedding, decorations, etc.) to stay fresh and comfortable for our guests. It's a bit of a moving target though, and so we know there are always more improvements to be made.

Your friends are right that many hotels in Seattle don't have restaurants attached. For us especially in the neighborhood we're in, there are just too many great food and drink spots to try to compete. About 20 restaurants are available within the next block radius, and I hope that you were able to enjoy some of those during your brief time here.

We are about 5 city blocks to the Space Needle which is in Seattle Center - definitely an easy and quick walk for touring around. I hope that our proximity to that and your Cruise Terminal made for a convenient stay. We definitely would welcome the opportunity to host you again, but of course understand that we are not the place for everyone. Thank you again; we very much appreciate both your patronage and feedback.

Kindly,
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Hebrew first
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

We booked this hotel because it was the best out of the options we could afford. I was very nervous about lack of air conditioners in rooms, but it was very cool at night and we kept the windows open and were fine. It is a few minutes walk from the needle, but up to half hour walk to downtown. Don't let it scare you thought because Seattle has an amazing bus system, so we took a bus every day from and back to the hotel, it was very easy. We arrived in Seattle at 10 am, and they let us check in early, which was great because we wanted to freshen up after travelling all morning. Room was very nice, clean and cozy. The neighborhood is very cute with tons of cafes and restaurants. It can be a bit noisy at night, and once I was woken up by a truck unloading, but that's what you get in a city. Many reviews I read complained about lack of free internet, but it was only $5 a day, so I didn't see an issue with it. The place is adorable, and the lobby even had cucumber and lemon water for guests. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lapabear
Thank you for your feedback! The A/C really isn't something we always need. With windows that open and ceiling fans that turn on, getting the rooms to cool down during the evening and overnight is not difficult at all. Plus, our average temperatures rarely rise above the mid-70s. Of course, if it ever is a concern for a future stay, we do have some rooms on our top floors that are equipped with A/C. We are always happy to reserve them for our guests as requested!

Aside from that I'm pleased to read that you were able to get around the city so easily, and that your time with us was even better than expected!

Wilsonville, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

The Mediterranean Hotel is in the middle of the Lower Queen Anne area that has so many different things that make it a fantastic place to stay. The rooms at the Mediterranean are clean, well serviced and very affordable. There is on site parking, a workout room and a rooftop sitting/viewing area that has a panoramic view of the Seattle Center area and Elliot Bay. The surrounding neighborhood has access to everything from the Seattle Center/Key Arena one block away, two different super markets that include prepared foods, salads and desserts. There is almost every type of cuisine available in the form of fast foods places to casual to upscale within a five block radius. The city bus lines are only a half block away to head downtown and the Seattle Center Monorail within a 10 minute walk.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside view and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ibs24
Thank you for your review! We do have a great location; I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Being just outside of the downtown core allows for a great combination of convenience and comfort. We hope to see you back here soon!

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

This hotel is in a nice residential neighborhood. There are good restaurants close by. A Safeway supermarket is around the corner, and a large Bartell drugstore (with a RedBox!) is two blocks away. There are buses that stop nearby on Queen Anne Ave, 1st Ave, and Mercer too, making travel easy.

The rooms are small, but they are clean. A microwave and a coffee maker are available, but we preferred the Starbucks that the lobby opens into. I think there was a DVD player too. It was a nice touch that the hotel posts weather and event information in the elevators. Parking is available, but I believe they charge for it. Getting into the garage is tricky because of the narrow one-way alley that is inadequately signed, so do be careful.

You most definitely should visit the roof by day and by night. The hotel is halfway up Queen Anne (a hill), so you get to see the rest of Seattle from there. The Space Needle is a few blocks away as well.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Andrew,

Thank you for your review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially the great location that Lower Queen Anne has to offer. The variety of restaurants in our vicinity are amazing! The rooms all come equipped with the DVD player that you saw; for your next visit we also have DVD rentals at our front desk, in addition to being so close to that RedBox.

We do charge for our underground parking at $18/night. The alley can be a little tricky at times, and we've added quite a bit of signage this Spring to make it as clear as possible. Hopefully if you did park with us, you were able to do so conveniently!

Thank you again for your feedback!
Front Office Mananger
Walland, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very knowledgeable about the area and helpful during our stay. We especially enjoyed the roof top deck area, this was really nice and provided a view not only of downtown and the space needle but of the wharf area. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SomeOleDude
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear you had a great time with us, especially that the staff was so helpful. We hope we see you again soon!

sissy in houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel is one of the cleanist I have ever stayed in.We arrived early and were able to check in.we where on the 6th floor great view.They is a safeway right across the street.The section of town is very neat area and safe to walk.I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the comments! The neighborhood is quite enjoyable, particularly with the selection of restaurants and grocery stores (including the Safeway you found, just behind our building). I'm glad we were able to accommodate you for an early check-in and that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to have you back soon.

Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were located in a good area that offered many attractions and food choices all within walking distance. The hotel is clean and the staff were more than accommodating. I mentioned that I just had a horrible flight and was waiting form my luggage to arrive. They offered me a bottle of wine to make up for my problems.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the outside if you want a view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the feedback! The location is wonderful as you found. I'm extremely glad to hear that our staff took such great care of you, especially after you had such a trying day. I hope we get to host you again soon, next time without any luggage issues!