“Possibly the best location”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #32 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Florida
“Possibly the best location”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked this hotel knowing it had no AC (for majority of the rooms), so that wasn't a huge issue, although in July it did manage to get a little warm. I can see most of the rest of the year it being fine though. But location was key. about a block and a half away from the Key Arena, which leads to seattle center and monorail to downtown (which will get you to pike place, etc). the amenities in the hotel were nice and clean, although getting extra things like toilet paper was something we had to ask for one or two times, it was not left in our room. That would be my only complaint, along with the fact that the double room was very cramped, both beds were kind of pushed against a wall. I half wonder if our double room was intended to be one or not (we were in town for a very large event, the hotel was fully booked) so they might not always be so cramped. Otherwise, great hotel, PERFECT location. The roof is worth a look too, make sure you check it out if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Raewww
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our location; it is definitely prime for many visits. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go to extra trouble to get various amenities that should have already been stocked in your room. I'll pass that note onto Housekeeping. I hope the staff was prompt with any requests to get you anything you needed; someone is here 24/7 and always available to bring up anything needed.

As to your note about the room feeling a little crowded, I'm sorry it felt that way. It wasn't something we recently changed for the events; any room that has two beds would have been like that for some time. Something to think about though is that if you ever need a room with two beds, call us directly! We have a handful of rooms that are Double Queens (not Double Fulls) and are noticeably larger in room size as well. They are definitely a more spacious and comfortable option!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Hebrew first
Victoria,B.C.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Pre-booked an air conditioned room ( only air con in 6th floor rooms), at least 2 months prior. Wanted to be close to Key Arena as my son was attending the DOTA tournament. Couldn't have been happier with my choice, availability was very limited even when I booked. Between DOTA tournament at Key Arena and Bite of Seattle in Seattle Centre that weekend, it was packed downtown. Turned out there were many tournament attendees at the hotel.

It was killer hot when we arrived and I was so grateful for the air con I could have kissed someone's feet! No fan in elevator or halls, so it was hot. The things I most appreciated about the hotel were

: my #1 compliment: Wonderful, Helpful ,front desk staff ( and housekeeping staff). I asked many times for printed up driving instructions to places and all staff were unfailingly polite and helpful. Thanks so much to all of you!!

; 2 large coolers of chilled water in lobby, One with just cold water, one with flavoured water that changed daily ( cucumber, mint/strawberry, etc) LOVED that...

; rooftop sitting area, adirondack chairs were plentiful, never found it too busy up there, but no umbrellas if it's hot, I did find shade at one end though. View is great and it's a bit of peace up there.

; free internet in the room off the front desk area ( business centre). There's 3 ( I think!)computers for use 24/7, and as I do not have a smart phone, etc, I used the lobby computers a lot..
: appreciated not being charged for what I didn't want/need. Didn't need Wifi in room, so saved 5$ a day. Did need parking, 18$ was worth every penny.THere is only pay parking on the streets surrounding hotel. Max 2 hrs until 5, max 3 hrs after ( if memory serves me correctly) I have a Honda CRV, didn't have a prob with steep entrance to garage, though some folks have said they did, Noticed some scratches in cement. There was rubber matting on the "hump" going in. Never a prob finding a space.

: location of hotel is super. We ate twice at Toulouse Petit,( New Orleans cajun) my 20 yo son was dying to go there as we have nothing like it at home ( Victoria, BC). It was one block away! It was good.
: Safeway right behind hotel, just go out back and cut across street. Open until 1 am I think. Bartell's drugs only 2 blocks away, open 24/7 ( expensive nice market store underneath too, I think they're open 24/7 too)
: Starbuck's in lobby ( Air Cond), but as I don't like Starbuck's coffee, I went to Uptown Espresso, 1/2 block N on same side of street. It was nice though, to get some Air Con air drifting into the lobby and computer room, when it was so hot. There's a connecting door that's always open.

Room was not fancy, but didn't need fancy. I loved having the bar fridge, sink and microwave in the room. Remote for TV was a bit tricky, you had to hold it way up and straight ahead. Bathroom was roomy and long glass shelf over sink ran length of wall, so lots of room for toiletries..I loved that.. I didnt' use the exercise room, nor did I seen many folk use it. We did so much walking, didn't need more exercise.! I looked around and liked our hotel's location better than Marqueen or Inn at Queen Anne, even though they are all within a few blocks of each other. There is "Dick's Diner" kitty corner to the hotel. Cheap burgers, fries and shakes ( $ 2.15 for shake, $1.35 or so for burger). Open late..
One note: I did not realize how large Seattle Centre was. I did a lot of walking through it and it's bigger than you realize. Allow 10 mins to get to Monorail. Bus actually takes you closer to the hotel than the monorail if you are exhausted ! Getting to Zoo is easy on bus.

Anyhow, we both had a great week. Oh, there is public swimming nearby, if anyone wants to know. Front desk staff did not realize it, but just google it. Closest one is in North Queen Anne, 1900 block on 1st West , Not a wonderful facility, but fine. I had a lot of pain in my shoulder and needed to find a pool! The pool at Lincoln Park in West Seattle is outdoor and heated ( I didn't realize it was heated, wish I had gone there) and in a beautiful location, at water's edge in the park. Have to walk through park to get to it though. The Queen Anne pool is not too far away.

I booked my room through Easy to Book and would not do that again, I had to change something and had a heck of a time. I would say it's "Not Easy to Book"!! Would call hotel directly, they match Expedia prices anyways.
Thank you all the hotel staff who made our stay so great! Susan

Room Tip: If you want air contioning, it's only in the 6th floor rooms ( top floor). We were in 625 and it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank B.C.Sunny
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Susan,

Thank you for all of your feedback! Wow! It's so great to read that you and your son had such a great time with us, and that it was a perfect fit for the occasion. Yes, we absolutely can match any online prices, so feel free to call us directly anytime! And thanks for the tip about the nearby swimming pool! I'll be sure to pass that on to the rest of the Front Desk staff.

Hope to see you again soon!

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Mediterranean Inn in Seattle July 14-15, 2014. The hotels in Seattle seemed very overpriced to us, so we decided to take a chance and book this hotel, based on the many good review we saw on Tripadvisor. So glad that we did! The hotel was a little hard to get to using our GPS coming in from the eastern part of the state because there is a large amount of road construction in downtown area. Once we got here, we couldn't have been happier. The rooftop deck was fantastic and offered great views of Seattle, including the harbor and the Space Needle. Seattle Center and all the attractions were only a short walk from this location as were many excellent restaurants. We took the Monorail from Seattle Center to get to Pike Place market, but were able to walk to everything else we wanted to see. The room was nice, but nothing fancy. There was no air conditioning, but we really didn't need it. We kept the windows open and the fans running and the room never got too warm. The temperature was in the 80's while we were there, which is about as hot as it usually gets in Seattle. We parked our rental car in the garage for $18/day, which seemed about average for hotel parking in the city. The wifi was $4.99/day, which isn't too steep and it worked well on all of our devices.
If we have occasion to visit Seattle again, we will stay at the Mediterranean Inn again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have more street noise than others. The room we stayed in was fairly quiet, but the room...
Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to have you back with us whenever your travels bring you to Seattle!

Indio, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great customer service, location, and amenities.

My girlfriend and I recently stayed prior to and post our Alaska cruise at the hotel. The hotel even arranged a shuttle to drop us off at the pier and we used it again to return back.

Bryan W. Exceeded our expectations on customer service (as did the entire hotel staff). Prior to making my reservations I read how easy public transportation from the airport was. So when doing the reservation I asked further on the ease. He expressed if not carrying a lot of luggage it was quite easy, giving me directions. Then going above to email me step by step directions.

So for travelers, in brief exit airport to light rail, take to last stop, then elevator to top floor of the mall. Monorail to its stop which is the Science Center (Space Needle). From there a 10 minute walk. Cost for one way. - 2 people was not even 10 bucks, and only took slightly over an hour. Saving us lots if we'd have done airport shuttles.

Luck would have it that Bryan was working when we checked in, remembered who I was and treated us like old friends which felt like personalized service. Even passing along some restaurants with in steps of the hotel for us to grab something. The location is a bonus with so many options with in walking distance for worn out travelers.

The amenities of coffee, popcorn, a microwave and fridge were all enjoyed in the room. Which was comfortable for 2 people with lots of space. Rather than visit the Starbucks attached to the hotel we walked across the street to the Safeway grocery store and grabbed some breakfast and snacks to enjoy on the rooftop.

The rooftop is a must at sunset for incredible views. The lounge chairs make for a comfy setting.

Bikes that could be rented for an entire day with lock and saddle bag as well as mandatory helmets were all well enjoyed. Though check to ensure they are in good shape as I noticed a few with soft tires and one missing a rear break. The city is bike friendly and easy to get around and bike racks were plentiful.

With its location, comfortable rooms and amenities one could look past not getting free in - room wi-fi ( gratis in the lobby).

Overall if we return to Seattle, we would with out a doubt stay once again, and since returning home have been letting friends know how great of a hotel it is.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Stuart F
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your comments! I'm glad to hear that Bryan did such a stellar job creating a "home away from home" for your travels with us. We definitely want to be a place where our guests feel relaxed and taken care of! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindly,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2014

When I travel I enjoy being apart of the local neighborhood. The location is walking distance away from the Space Needle and Chihuly Glass Exhibit. There are two major bus stops one and a half blocks away on Queen Anne Ave. While in Seattle we used the bus to get to all the things we wanted to do. We did use Uber taxi cab for a couple of trips to a bar and to the Amtrak station. When we checked in approximately around 12 pm our room was ready. We were told WiFi was extra but ended up getting it for free using a complimentary access code. We got a room on the fourth floor. I sleep like a rock but my girlfriend said we were facing the alley way because she could hear garbage trucks at 4 in the morning. There is a great view rooftop on the hotel. The room was nice. So many drawers which is unnecessary unless I planned on living there. There is a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, and a kitchen sink! They even gave us free popcorn.

There is a Safeway a block away and guess what there is Starbucks down in the Lobby. The location is good for the price if you are ok to use the public transit system. If you plan to use the public transit system I recommend getting a daily or weekend pass (Orca Card).

1 Thank Cristobal C
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the neighborhood we are in; it is truly a great spot and in a convenient proximity to the rest of Seattle. I'm sorry your girlfriend wasn't able to get a better night's rest; we do have some single Queen or single Full rooms that face our Interior Courtyard, and would remain quiet from any outside street noise.

The public transportation system is quite convenient as you mentioned. The only thing to note is that the ORCA cards are actually not day/week passes. They are reloadable cards, but cost $5 to obtain. Definitely a convenient choice for anyone depending on public transportation for longer time periods, but the Metro system of Seattle does not sell passes good for a limited time option. Hope that helps future planning!

Front Office Mananger
Lutz, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Spent three nights last weekend in Seattle at this hotel, arrived Saturday night and checked into a nice clean comfortable king size bed room with an outside view as requested. Our outside view as we laid in bed, we were able to see the top of the space needle.We went out to have a glass of wine, little snack that night,and ask Patrick at the front desk for his ideas, he became our consultant for great food in the area during our stay. Thank you Patrick your great. All of the staff was friendly and helpful.
You could not ask for a better location in Seattle for our needs, we like to explore the sights of the city and stay in a neighborhood location to eat at night and get the feel of the city from the people that live their. You are two an a half blocks to Seattle Center, which is where the Space Needle is, Music Museum, Children's museum, Key Arena, and the Monorail to downtown, which only one stop, is three blocks from Pikes Market.We did the duck tour which also starts near Seattle Center.Also you are only about a mile or so to the ship terminals if you are taking a cruise. The hotel does have shuttle service at a small cost. Also important to us the cost per night of the room was extremely good for Seattle. Highly recommend, Thank you Mediterranean for a great stay.

1 Thank havingfuntraveling
Thank you for your feedback! I'm happy to hear that you found the location ideal for your time in Seattle, and that our staff took excellent care of you. We hope to see you back with us soon!

Best Wishes,
Teaneck, New Jersey
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Nice hotel near Seattle Center, Space Needle, theater, Duck tours, museums,movies,supermarkets, monorail, restaurants and of course with a Starbucks attached! We chose it for its proximity to the offices of our mountaineering outfitter, Alpine Ascents, where our trip and climb of Mt. Rainier started.Helpful staff, yummy fruit- infused cold water in lobby. Most rooms don't have A/C and although temperatures were in the high eighties, the ceiling fan kept it comfortable. It was great having a fridge and microwave. Decent exercise room.

Room Tip: Didn't love facing courtyard. Since everyone has windows opened was awakened by neighbors' b...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SethL723
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Seth,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you woke up a little early due to noise from the interior courtyard. Those are definitely the quietest rooms when strictly thinking of street noise. When everyone opens their windows in the summer, however, noise from other guests is something to factor in. I'm glad that in spite of this, you still had a comfortable and enjoyable overall experience. Feel free to come stay with us again - either before your next climb, or any other trip you take to Seattle!