“Best Price & Customer Service”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #31 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“Best Price & Customer Service”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Loved the location and the price!! Recommended by a friend and ran into some booking problems with a third party site. Def suggest calling the hotel for any problems or questions (Tim is pretty much the nicest person on the phone ever!)

1 Thank Nichetly
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback! I'm glad to here that you enjoyed your time with us. Calling us directly is usually most convenient for our guests, as any special requests can be confirmed at the time of booking. All our guests should feel free to contact us even after booking through a third party, if they need to provide us extra information.

Hope to see you again soon!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Giverny
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed here on July 12 & 13, 2014 and really liked it. Within walking distance to many tourist sites. Booked 2 months in advance, glad we did. I chose this hotel from trip advisor reviews and the location. My requirements were price & location. Great customer service, really appreciated the people who helped me. Nice comfy pillows (yes!) and bedding & bed. Clean! We were on the 5th floor in the "turret" type room and I liked it. Yes, it was noisy on a friday & Saturday night with the french doors open but you have to expect that really and it quieted down by midnight. Liked the flavored waters in the lobby everyday and the Starbucks right there. We parked in the garage and walked everywhere or took the monorail which is nearby as is the space needle. But for me the best nearby attraction is the Chihuly Gardens & Glass. Awesome! You can take the monorail and then walk to the Market and a longer walk to the waterfront but pretty easy to get around.

Room Tip: If you want more quiet get a courtyard room.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you had a great overall experience with us last month. And thank you for the room tip about our courtyard facing rooms. We have several different types (some with one bed, some with two) that face that way, which is great option if someone is especially concerned about street noise. We hope to have you back with us soon!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Stayed at the Mediterranean July 6-8 loved it! Close to all major attractions it's easy to get anywhere. The area around the hotel has many restaurants and bars, a Safeway right across the street and a small shopping mall with a large drugstore and food store just blocks away. Our room (on the third floor) had no air conditioning, but all the windows opened and a large ceiling fan kept the breeze from the strait moving around the room. It was never uncomfortable, even with temperatures in the 30 degrees Celsius. Our room came with a sink, fridge and microwave (Magnetron for the Dutch). The hotel is very reasonably priced and very clean. This being Seattle there is a Starbucks right in the hotel (free Wifi,the hotel charges).They have also applied for a liquor license. The rooftop deck has a fantastic view of the strait, a great place to watch the sunset with a glass of wine and relax. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you had an enjoyable time with us for your visit to Seattle. In general, even in the summer, those non-AC rooms stay pretty comfortable. We currently have some rooms that offer A/C, and are happy to book those for guests when requested. Thank you as well for noticing our application for a liquor license! We are looking forward to that change here and excited for the opportunities it will bring us to continue to serve our guests.

Kindly,
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We booked this hotel knowing it had no AC (for majority of the rooms), so that wasn't a huge issue, although in July it did manage to get a little warm. I can see most of the rest of the year it being fine though. But location was key. about a block and a half away from the Key Arena, which leads to seattle center and monorail to downtown (which will get you to pike place, etc). the amenities in the hotel were nice and clean, although getting extra things like toilet paper was something we had to ask for one or two times, it was not left in our room. That would be my only complaint, along with the fact that the double room was very cramped, both beds were kind of pushed against a wall. I half wonder if our double room was intended to be one or not (we were in town for a very large event, the hotel was fully booked) so they might not always be so cramped. Otherwise, great hotel, PERFECT location. The roof is worth a look too, make sure you check it out if you stay here.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Raewww
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad you enjoyed our location; it is definitely prime for many visits. I'm sorry to hear that you had to go to extra trouble to get various amenities that should have already been stocked in your room. I'll pass that note onto Housekeeping. I hope the staff was prompt with any requests to get you anything you needed; someone is here 24/7 and always available to bring up anything needed.

As to your note about the room feeling a little crowded, I'm sorry it felt that way. It wasn't something we recently changed for the events; any room that has two beds would have been like that for some time. Something to think about though is that if you ever need a room with two beds, call us directly! We have a handful of rooms that are Double Queens (not Double Fulls) and are noticeably larger in room size as well. They are definitely a more spacious and comfortable option!

Victoria,B.C.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Pre-booked an air conditioned room ( only air con in 6th floor rooms), at least 2 months prior. Wanted to be close to Key Arena as my son was attending the DOTA tournament. Couldn't have been happier with my choice, availability was very limited even when I booked. Between DOTA tournament at Key Arena and Bite of Seattle in Seattle Centre that weekend, it was packed downtown. Turned out there were many tournament attendees at the hotel.

It was killer hot when we arrived and I was so grateful for the air con I could have kissed someone's feet! No fan in elevator or halls, so it was hot. The things I most appreciated about the hotel were

: my #1 compliment: Wonderful, Helpful ,front desk staff ( and housekeeping staff). I asked many times for printed up driving instructions to places and all staff were unfailingly polite and helpful. Thanks so much to all of you!!

; 2 large coolers of chilled water in lobby, One with just cold water, one with flavoured water that changed daily ( cucumber, mint/strawberry, etc) LOVED that...

; rooftop sitting area, adirondack chairs were plentiful, never found it too busy up there, but no umbrellas if it's hot, I did find shade at one end though. View is great and it's a bit of peace up there.

; free internet in the room off the front desk area ( business centre). There's 3 ( I think!)computers for use 24/7, and as I do not have a smart phone, etc, I used the lobby computers a lot..
: appreciated not being charged for what I didn't want/need. Didn't need Wifi in room, so saved 5$ a day. Did need parking, 18$ was worth every penny.THere is only pay parking on the streets surrounding hotel. Max 2 hrs until 5, max 3 hrs after ( if memory serves me correctly) I have a Honda CRV, didn't have a prob with steep entrance to garage, though some folks have said they did, Noticed some scratches in cement. There was rubber matting on the "hump" going in. Never a prob finding a space.

: location of hotel is super. We ate twice at Toulouse Petit,( New Orleans cajun) my 20 yo son was dying to go there as we have nothing like it at home ( Victoria, BC). It was one block away! It was good.
: Safeway right behind hotel, just go out back and cut across street. Open until 1 am I think. Bartell's drugs only 2 blocks away, open 24/7 ( expensive nice market store underneath too, I think they're open 24/7 too)
: Starbuck's in lobby ( Air Cond), but as I don't like Starbuck's coffee, I went to Uptown Espresso, 1/2 block N on same side of street. It was nice though, to get some Air Con air drifting into the lobby and computer room, when it was so hot. There's a connecting door that's always open.

Room was not fancy, but didn't need fancy. I loved having the bar fridge, sink and microwave in the room. Remote for TV was a bit tricky, you had to hold it way up and straight ahead. Bathroom was roomy and long glass shelf over sink ran length of wall, so lots of room for toiletries..I loved that.. I didnt' use the exercise room, nor did I seen many folk use it. We did so much walking, didn't need more exercise.! I looked around and liked our hotel's location better than Marqueen or Inn at Queen Anne, even though they are all within a few blocks of each other. There is "Dick's Diner" kitty corner to the hotel. Cheap burgers, fries and shakes ( $ 2.15 for shake, $1.35 or so for burger). Open late..
One note: I did not realize how large Seattle Centre was. I did a lot of walking through it and it's bigger than you realize. Allow 10 mins to get to Monorail. Bus actually takes you closer to the hotel than the monorail if you are exhausted ! Getting to Zoo is easy on bus.

Anyhow, we both had a great week. Oh, there is public swimming nearby, if anyone wants to know. Front desk staff did not realize it, but just google it. Closest one is in North Queen Anne, 1900 block on 1st West , Not a wonderful facility, but fine. I had a lot of pain in my shoulder and needed to find a pool! The pool at Lincoln Park in West Seattle is outdoor and heated ( I didn't realize it was heated, wish I had gone there) and in a beautiful location, at water's edge in the park. Have to walk through park to get to it though. The Queen Anne pool is not too far away.

I booked my room through Easy to Book and would not do that again, I had to change something and had a heck of a time. I would say it's "Not Easy to Book"!! Would call hotel directly, they match Expedia prices anyways.
Thank you all the hotel staff who made our stay so great! Susan

Room Tip: If you want air contioning, it's only in the 6th floor rooms ( top floor). We were in 625 and it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank B.C.Sunny
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Susan,

Thank you for all of your feedback! Wow! It's so great to read that you and your son had such a great time with us, and that it was a perfect fit for the occasion. Yes, we absolutely can match any online prices, so feel free to call us directly anytime! And thanks for the tip about the nearby swimming pool! I'll be sure to pass that on to the rest of the Front Desk staff.

Hope to see you again soon!

Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed at the Mediterranean Inn in Seattle July 14-15, 2014. The hotels in Seattle seemed very overpriced to us, so we decided to take a chance and book this hotel, based on the many good review we saw on Tripadvisor. So glad that we did! The hotel was a little hard to get to using our GPS coming in from the eastern part of the state because there is a large amount of road construction in downtown area. Once we got here, we couldn't have been happier. The rooftop deck was fantastic and offered great views of Seattle, including the harbor and the Space Needle. Seattle Center and all the attractions were only a short walk from this location as were many excellent restaurants. We took the Monorail from Seattle Center to get to Pike Place market, but were able to walk to everything else we wanted to see. The room was nice, but nothing fancy. There was no air conditioning, but we really didn't need it. We kept the windows open and the fans running and the room never got too warm. The temperature was in the 80's while we were there, which is about as hot as it usually gets in Seattle. We parked our rental car in the garage for $18/day, which seemed about average for hotel parking in the city. The wifi was $4.99/day, which isn't too steep and it worked well on all of our devices.
If we have occasion to visit Seattle again, we will stay at the Mediterranean Inn again.

Room Tip: Some rooms have more street noise than others. The room we stayed in was fairly quiet, but the room...
Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to have you back with us whenever your travels bring you to Seattle!

Indio, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Great customer service, location, and amenities.

My girlfriend and I recently stayed prior to and post our Alaska cruise at the hotel. The hotel even arranged a shuttle to drop us off at the pier and we used it again to return back.

Bryan W. Exceeded our expectations on customer service (as did the entire hotel staff). Prior to making my reservations I read how easy public transportation from the airport was. So when doing the reservation I asked further on the ease. He expressed if not carrying a lot of luggage it was quite easy, giving me directions. Then going above to email me step by step directions.

So for travelers, in brief exit airport to light rail, take to last stop, then elevator to top floor of the mall. Monorail to its stop which is the Science Center (Space Needle). From there a 10 minute walk. Cost for one way. - 2 people was not even 10 bucks, and only took slightly over an hour. Saving us lots if we'd have done airport shuttles.

Luck would have it that Bryan was working when we checked in, remembered who I was and treated us like old friends which felt like personalized service. Even passing along some restaurants with in steps of the hotel for us to grab something. The location is a bonus with so many options with in walking distance for worn out travelers.

The amenities of coffee, popcorn, a microwave and fridge were all enjoyed in the room. Which was comfortable for 2 people with lots of space. Rather than visit the Starbucks attached to the hotel we walked across the street to the Safeway grocery store and grabbed some breakfast and snacks to enjoy on the rooftop.

The rooftop is a must at sunset for incredible views. The lounge chairs make for a comfy setting.

Bikes that could be rented for an entire day with lock and saddle bag as well as mandatory helmets were all well enjoyed. Though check to ensure they are in good shape as I noticed a few with soft tires and one missing a rear break. The city is bike friendly and easy to get around and bike racks were plentiful.

With its location, comfortable rooms and amenities one could look past not getting free in - room wi-fi ( gratis in the lobby).

Overall if we return to Seattle, we would with out a doubt stay once again, and since returning home have been letting friends know how great of a hotel it is.

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Stuart F
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thank you for your comments! I'm glad to hear that Bryan did such a stellar job creating a "home away from home" for your travels with us. We definitely want to be a place where our guests feel relaxed and taken care of! We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kindly,