“Nicely remodeled good place to stay - Will definitely return here when in Seattle”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #33 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Very nice place walking distance to monorail and then quick ride to Westlake Center and a few more blocks to the waterfront and the fish market - Pike Place. Nice place - good hole in the wall places to eat around the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Hello Rastro651!

Thank you for your review and for staying with us for your Seattle trip! I'm happy to read that you enjoyed the location and proximity. The restaurant selection is GREAT! If you stayed in May, I believe even more restaurants have opened in the area since then. For your next time with us there should be even more variety.

Hope to see you soon!
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Hebrew first
Hammond, Indiana
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We flew in to spend a few days in Seattle, and nearly everything of interest was right around the hotel. Only a mile away from the piers and right next door to the Space Needle and Seattle Center. Our room had a nice view with great ventilation (I guess A/C isn't even needed out there; we didn't miss it) and an awesome window reading bed. Staff were friendly and everything was nice and clean. Wifi internet was pretty spotty in our room (519) but mostly good. Rooftop area was nice but we didn't use it. Definitely pricey but we didn't regret it.

Room Tip: Depending on what you like, you can get a view of the Space Needle if you get on the East side.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello Jesse K!

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I would say A/C is unnecessary out here about 355 days of the year, so I'm glad you were comfortable. The location is great, as you found, for most any reasons for visiting the area, and though our prices are higher this time of year, we find that we stay fairly modest when compared to the competition. It's nice to hear that you found us worth it!

We hope you'll come back to see us for your next Seattle trip. When you do, if you ever have Internet troubles, please contact our staff. They are here 24/7 and able to help with anything!

Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel has it all. Fantastic location, Starbucks is attached to lobby of hotel, extremely comfy beds and a rooftop patio that has an amazing view. The staff is young and attentive! Nice touches everywhere. No AC in some of the rooms but the ceiling fans and fresh Seattle air is just wonderful.

Stayed August 2014
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello teamfilan!

Thank you for your review, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I'll be sure to pass your compliments on to the staff. Yes, even without A/C in all the units, the rooms stay quite comfortable most days with Seattle's mild climate and fresh air. Thankfully the project to expand A/C to all of our rooms will begin this fall. We hope to have you back to see the finished work!

Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed at three hotels on our vacation to Seattle, and the Mediterranean was by far our favorite! The staff at the front desk assisted us with all of our needs, giving us maps and great directions to Pikes Place and other places we wanted to visit. They were incredibly helpful and polite, and always there if we needed anything.

The view was amazing; absolutely breathtaking from the rooftop deck, plus we could see the space needle from our bed! :D Will stay there again, and will absolutely recommend them a hundred times over! Such a great hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for room 632; it's a queen room and was beautiful!! Right next to the stairway that leads to...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Mediterranean-Sea206, Front Office Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Hello completelybrie!

I'm so honored to hear that we were your favorite place to stay during your visit to Seattle! You definitely scored a great room by being so close to that beautiful rooftop deck. And I am glad to read that you took the time to enjoy the view; we love bragging about it and showing it off to our guests.

I'll be sure to pass these compliments on to all the desk staff here. They aim high with their customer service, and will be pleased to know that you found them so accommodating. We look forward to having you back soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Mediterranean Hotel is located in the Queen Anne neighborhood in Seattle. It's close to Seattle Center and a short monorail ride to downtown and Pike Market. Nice room with a huge window seat. Convenient parking and a very nice staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hello PaulR21212! Thank you for your review here. I'm happy to read that you found our hotel convenient and our staff accommodating, and glad that you liked that room with the Bay Window! They are some of my favorites.

Hope we'll be hosting you again on your next trip to Seattle.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Booked a room here for work in August as my regular business hotel was sold out. Quirky boutique hotel located on the border of Queen Ann and Belltown. My room was on the second floor facing the street where the bus and taxis stop and was slightly noisy. Room had no air conditioning however, this was explained to me when I checked in. I was fine with that as the room had windows that opened up. Cons: the only ice machine was in the main lobby area, parking spaces are tight in their underground garage and they charge a small fee for Wi-Fi.
Pluses: walking distance to Pikes and Belltown areas and some great restuarants in both the Queen Anne and Belltown areas.

Room Tip: My room faced the street area going towards the Belltown area but the foot traffic and noise dies do...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Mediterranean-Sea206, General Manager at Mediterranean Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Hello Rhuang57!
Thank you for your feedback. We do only have the one lobby ice machine; this helps keep hallway noise on the room floors to a minimum. I'm glad that you were comfortable with your non-A/C room and I hope you were not too affected by that street noise. We are beginning a project to convert the rest of our rooms to also have A/C starting this fall, and are looking forward to the extra comfort that will bring to our guests.

The neighborhood is in a great proximity to many near sites and restaurants as you mentioned, and I hope that you took full advantage of the great spot we're in. Even though you stayed with us because your regular hotel was sold out, we'd love to have you back on any occasion! Thank you again for your patronage and feedback.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly, but they seemed to speak off of a template. It felt robotic. The room was clean, but pretty small. Due to no air conditioning (unreal that a hotel charging $300 a night has no a/c in some rooms!!!) we had the window open, so of course at 5:30 am the garbage trucks woke us up. Then a couple hours later, our room was filled with pot smoke from hoodlums outside getting baked on a Sunday morning near the trash bins.

It blew my mind that I paid $300 for a room and did not get a/c. It was hot as balls and their way of making things right was telling me that they would have all rooms air conditioned by next summer. Wow! That makes me feel so much better!

Also, they charge $5 for a crappy wi-fi connection. It was brutal. They at least refunded me the $5. They charge $18 for parking, but the underground lot is cramped and I suffered gross claustrophobia. I think I have PTSD from it. The parking stalls were tiny!

It's not a bad place, but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tony S
Tony S,

First off, thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry that you had such a negative experience with us. I hope to address the concerns you had, but I would love to hear from you personally as well. I can be reached at kelsey@mediterranean-inn.com.

Because of the other buildings that connect to that alley, there are some circumstances beyond our control. The staff is here 24/7 though, and is always available to investigate any complaints of smoking - whether inside or outside the building (as rare as those are).

I am sorry if it seemed as though informing you of our plans to add A/C was going to make up for the stay you did have with us. We are very excited to be changing over the rest of our rooms, and would hope you'd want to come back to see us when that project is complete. Because we have the extra current challenge of limited rooms with A/C, we focus our efforts toward providing a great personalized experience for each of our guests. Hearing that the staff seemed robotic is quite unusual for us, so I will be sharing your comments with the rest of the staff to ensure that this is not a continued occurrence.

I wish we had the chance to troubleshoot the Internet connection for your device better, but in general we believe that our cost of $4.99/night is quite fair. Our Internet access is a 100Mg, fiber optic connection that is far superior to most "free" offers out there. Our staff is trained to assist our guests with any concerns, but it does happen that certain devices bring in issues beyond our control, and we are always willing to refund in those cases. As for our parking garage - we have one of the only hotel parking options in the area that is both secured, and accessible directly to guest rooms. Quite a few of the spots are for compact cars, and we do fill up on busy weekends, but we don't find it to be any smaller than other city garages.

I hope you'll reconsider returning to us at a future time. Thank you again.

Kindly,