“Great room, spectacular views, couldn't have been happier"”
Review of Mediterranean Inn

Mediterranean Inn
Ranked #30 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My only regret about my two night stay at the Med was that I couldn't stay longer (was headed to Vancouver to hike and kayak). It was the nicest hotel I've stayed at in any major city for even double that price. The room was spotless and the decor cheery and tasteful. Some folks might consider the room small but personally I dislike the yawning spaces in some hotels -- this felt like a well-appointed guest room in a private home. Beds were comfortable with silky smooth cotton sheets, vellux blankets and plump pillows. The little kichenette with microwave, fridge and sink would make it great for an extended stay and the desk was a good size with a comfortable chair. I liked the TV being atop a tall dresser -- made it easier to watch in bed. Though it was somewhat warm while I was there (low 80's during the day, 60's at night) I was happy to crank open the large windows that looked out on the interior terrace, sort of a large light shaft in the center of the building. That and the ceiling fan kept it comfortable and I much preferred it to the clammy, musty chill of the usual hotel AC units. I didn't mind at all not having an outside view because I could easily go up to the 7th floor roof deck and sit in the Adirondack chairs with a 360 degree panorama of Puget Sound, the mountains, the nearby Space Needle and all of the city center spread out beyong -- what a terrific view, day or night! Take your breakfast up there! The parking garage was very handy and reasonably priced considering the going rate at the city lots. Public transport was nearby and you could walk to some shopping and restaurants (I had dinner at an Italian bistro around the corner that was sublime). It was only a 5 minute drive to the city center and very easy access to the central parkway of Route 5. There is no kitchen in the hotel but the lobby is attached to a Starbucks and I was able to get a nice breakfast there (recommend the eggwhite, feta, spinach and sun-dried tomato wrap -- yummy!) The staff were very helpful and good-natured (and I understand they also allow pets.) I will definitely stay there again -- it was excellent for a solo traveler and I think it would be great for a cozy romantic trip as well.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank brickpilot
Write a ReviewReviews (1,594)

Reviewed 17 September 2009

Walking distance to the Needle! Great!! Locatie of the Inn is excellent and parking (for an extra $ 15 a night) ok! Our stay was relaxed and staff nice. The room however could be better. The hotel has a somewhat outdated and worn atmosphere. The room was not spacious but we don't complain cons. the price. We enjoyed our stay despite the room...

Rob and Inge, The Netherlands

Reviewed 13 September 2009

we just came back from a great a 4 noc stay at the Med...
5stars all the way..the staff were incredibly helpful..the housekeeping impeccable (the housekeepers routinely clean bathrrom floors on their hands and knees) and the view from the roof top truly majestic.. and the location is very convenient.Granted the hotel doesn't have a kitchen (I recommed the metropoltian supermarket 3 blocks away for a great breakfast and the plunket- 1/2 block away for good thai food) ..suggest book early hotel staff will match discounted rates and ask for top floor with harbor view if available..a must for another stay in seattle

2  Thank jackpine2
Reviewed 10 September 2009

It looks like a chain, feels like a chain... but it isn't! The Mediterranean Inn was a perfectly fine place to stay in Seattle. Great location, being a very short walk to Seattle Center, and a mile or so to Belltown and downtown. We got a pretty decent deal on Hotels.com, a little over $100 a night. Didn't really care about the Starbucks in the lobby, although it made the lobby smell nice. Down the street from Peso's, which serves an amazing breakfast. The staff we dealt with were very friendly, and the roof deck was awesome -- made up for the lackluster third-floor view.

Reviewed 9 September 2009

My husband and I stayed here while attending the Bumbershoot festival, so it's proximity to Seattle Center was a big plus. The room was clean and the kitchenette (fridge and microwave) nice to have for drinks and snacks. We had an inside room, with a small window that overlooked a courtyard, which was very quiet. The only downsides were the small full-sized bed, and late 4pm check-in time- although staff was very accommodating, and stored our bags while we explored the city.

Reviewed 3 September 2009

We booked our room at the Mediterranean Inn online, at a very competitive rate for the area. It's clean, reasonably well maintained and the beds were extremely comfortable, though only full, not queens. The hotel was more than willing to take our bags and issue a parking card when we arrived well before the 4:00 p.m. check-in time.

Only blocks from Seattle Center, it's in walking distance to the monorail and close to many ethnic restaurants. (We tried Mexican and Indian.) The view from the rooftop is fairly impressive on a clear day and after sunset. The room did not have a view and the sound from the open window might not sit well with those not used to sleeping surrounded by the sounds of the city. We had no problem with it over our two nights, after spending hours sight seeing. Our room was better suited for two than three people, if we had planned to spend much time in our room. On-site parking at $15 a day may seem steep at first, until you walk the neighborhood and discover rates at lots of $5 and hour and more, due to the proximity to Seattle Center. The $5 a day charge for an ethernet connection is a bit disappointing. I'll have no problem recommending it to my friends who like a good price and a comfortable hotel with ready access to the sights of downtown Seattle.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank Teguzco
Reviewed 22 August 2009

Nice location. It is important to know that there is no air conditioning in most of the rooms. That is probably fine most of the year. Can make it very unpleasant in August when the room is eighty degrees at night. You can open the window and run the fan, but the noise from street traffic makes for a noisy night.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo