My only regret about my two night stay at the Med was that I couldn't stay longer (was headed to Vancouver to hike and kayak). It was the nicest hotel I've stayed at in any major city for even double that price. The room was spotless and the decor cheery and tasteful. Some folks might consider the room small but personally I dislike the yawning spaces in some hotels -- this felt like a well-appointed guest room in a private home. Beds were comfortable with silky smooth cotton sheets, vellux blankets and plump pillows. The little kichenette with microwave, fridge and sink would make it great for an extended stay and the desk was a good size with a comfortable chair. I liked the TV being atop a tall dresser -- made it easier to watch in bed. Though it was somewhat warm while I was there (low 80's during the day, 60's at night) I was happy to crank open the large windows that looked out on the interior terrace, sort of a large light shaft in the center of the building. That and the ceiling fan kept it comfortable and I much preferred it to the clammy, musty chill of the usual hotel AC units. I didn't mind at all not having an outside view because I could easily go up to the 7th floor roof deck and sit in the Adirondack chairs with a 360 degree panorama of Puget Sound, the mountains, the nearby Space Needle and all of the city center spread out beyong -- what a terrific view, day or night! Take your breakfast up there! The parking garage was very handy and reasonably priced considering the going rate at the city lots. Public transport was nearby and you could walk to some shopping and restaurants (I had dinner at an Italian bistro around the corner that was sublime). It was only a 5 minute drive to the city center and very easy access to the central parkway of Route 5. There is no kitchen in the hotel but the lobby is attached to a Starbucks and I was able to get a nice breakfast there (recommend the eggwhite, feta, spinach and sun-dried tomato wrap -- yummy!) The staff were very helpful and good-natured (and I understand they also allow pets.) I will definitely stay there again -- it was excellent for a solo traveler and I think it would be great for a cozy romantic trip as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally located for business or pleasure in the vibrant Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle. The Space Needle, Key Arena and downtown Seattle are just moments away and for our coffee lovers we feature a Starbucks(R) Cafe off the lobby. The hotel is beautifully appointed with the look of the Mediterranean that embraces you with a comfortable and relaxed feeling. Each guest room features a kitchenette and the entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Mediterranean Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Seattle
- Mediterranean Inn Seattle