All I can say about the rave reviews here is HUH?
We were in Seattle for a weekend event out by the airport. We stayed the first two nights at the airport Marriott which was excellent. But, for Sunday night, we decided we would try the Mediteranean so as to be downtown in the middle of everything.
Considering the relative locations of the two and the fact that the Mediteranean was at least $40 (not including parking, isn't that nice of them) more a night we may as well have stayed at the Marriott. The room there was definitely a lot nicer as well as being a lot cheaper.
The hotel itself definitely had a certain Hostel/Camp feel to it. The room is small and the bed is low and the tiny TV and stand alone VCR in the room were defintely the cherry on top. The staff is ok but largely ditzy and a little out of it. I kinda felt like I had wandered into a cool kids party back in high school. You know, where everyone is stoned and laughing at some in joke that you aren't a part of.
The best thing to recommend this hotel is the location. It is right in the middle of everything and the neighborhood is very nice and has access to many of the great amenities. What would be really great is if they offered a bike rental serivice as that would get you anywhere in downtown.
The hotel is ok, I would consider it to be a really basic, basic hotel with a good location. But extremely expensive for what you get. Overall it is clean and well maintained. But I just kept getting the feeling that I was paying a heck of a lot of money for a 2 star hotel.
Do make sure you eat dinner at the Flying Fish just a few blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are ideally located for business or pleasure in the vibrant Queen Anne neighborhood of Seattle. The Space Needle, Key Arena and downtown Seattle are just moments away and for our coffee lovers we feature a Starbucks(R) Cafe off the lobby. The hotel is beautifully appointed with the look of the Mediterranean that embraces you with a comfortable and relaxed feeling. Each guest room features a kitchenette and the entire hotel is 100% non-smoking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mediterranean Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mediterranean Hotel Seattle
- Mediterranean Inn Seattle