“Tillicum village”

and up
Tillicum Excursion
Ranked #115 of 450 things to do in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: Reachable only by tour or private boat, Blake Island has 475 acres of land and features views of the Seattle skyline.
Marysville, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Tillicum village”
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Had a great time. Beautiful weather, beautiful landscape, great food and show. I recommend this trip.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Shaunie L

Seattle, Washington
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Just a short ride away”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My mom visited Seattle and we decided to take a one of those touristy rides from Tillicum Village. So much fun! There really are no other ways of getting there to Blake Island unless you have your own boat - when we visited it was a sunny day in Summer and so beautiful. This is a definite must-see if you want to experience the water (other would be taking a ferry to Bainbridge Island). It was pricey, so look for travel deals or other coupons.

About Blake Island - it looks like a nice State park and plenty of jogging trails and there are some picnic areas. Really quiet and some nice views.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank Al Y
Tacoma, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“boating”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

when we had our boat back in the 1980's we would stop there some times. I Island is so beautiful in the summer

2 Thank Thelma T
Gig Harbor, WA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worse than being in prison!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I arrived at the docks and was told there was no space, so I waited for dock space to open up. Once I found a space, a ranger approached and politely but sternly told me the rules and warned me of any potential fines or penalties for breaking the rules. At that point, I was extremely happy with my 2-day camping visit.

But from that point on, every time I turned around an intrusive park person was admonishing me and telling me about the rules. It's really a shame, because Blake Island is a pristine and beautiful place with an extraordinarily cool history.

If the powers-that-be can rein in the authority figures at the campground and beat it into their heads that they work in the best interest of the public, then Blake Island has the potential to be a top vacation destination. As for now, I can only recommend it to those who like to be told what to do every couple of minutes.

Visited July 2012
11 Thank rblack
Seattle, Washington
232 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“One of the most unusual parks in the US”
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Blake Island State Park can only be accessed by private boat or through the Argosy Tours which leave from the Seattle waterfront. I have. This is a great place to hike, fish, camp, birdwatch, play with the Deers and experience Tillicum Village, Seattle’s Premier Native Cultural Experience and Home of the Famous Salmon Bake. I have come here many times, even camping with my scout Pack & Troop a number of times. A truly amazing place.

Visited March 2013