“World Class Ballet Company”

Pacific Northwest Ballet
Ranked #88 of 450 things to do in Seattle
Nairobi, Kenya
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“World Class Ballet Company”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

As a once dedicated ballet dancer, I grew up marveling at the beauty that is Pacific Northwest Ballet (PNB). They have produced many amazing prima ballerinas such as Patricia Barker, Kaori Nakamura and Maria Chapman (a few of my personal favorites). I have watched many ballet companies around the world through my years of travel and always come back to PNB as being one of the best. The caliber of dancers is superb. It does not matter which date or time you go - you will always get an amazing performance. The dancers are beautiful and elegant with a lovely diverse repertoire. They are second to none when it comes to the Balanchine ballets but my favorites have to be Carmina Burana and In the Middle Somewhat Elevated. The costumes and sets are beautiful with McCall Hall providing a great venue in terms of a plethora of great seating options and amazing sound amplification. Their Nutcracker will always hold a special place in my heart and I have not yet seen a version I like more than PNBs. It is truly special to watch the Nutcracker on Christmas Eve with their special holiday touches. It is a real gem to have PNB in Seattle and every time I visit my hometown I make sure to stop by McCall Hall for an evening of beautiful ballet.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Claire J

Seattle, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great ballet company”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My daughter and I had season tickets for a couple of years. Now, due to her work schedule, we go to selected ballets. We saw Midsummer Night's Dream this year. The quality of the dancing is outstanding as are the costumes and sets. The orchestra is wonderful, too. If you enjoy ballet, try to see this company.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank SuzanneF3
Seattle, Washington
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A cultural and beautiful experience”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The Pacific Northwest Ballet company is one of the best in the United States and has deserved international fame. Every ballet is done to perfection along with the very professional and talented PNB orchestra. There are often last minute rush tickets available and heavy discounts for teen ages. Seattle is most fortunate to have such an amazing company.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank JoAnneEHR
Bellingham, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Music and Sound, Inside and Out”
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is a place to experience beauty, strength, and grace. My family has been changed for the better since our first visit.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Breitbarth
Seattle
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 178 helpful votes
“Love the PNB”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This may not be the Bolshoi or the Royal Ballet, but PNB is a very fine ballet company with a talented, youthful ensemble, a nice mix of modern and classic ballet offerings each year, and a pleasant venue at the Seattle Center.

Visited March 2014