“Great place to chillout.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
In the Red Wine Bar
Ranked #2,632 of 4,217 Restaurants in Seattle
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: 2 years old. Lovely small setting. Comfy chairs. Music. small bites
Reviewed 5 November 2013

i went with a friend to the Red Wine bar just to sit, chat and have a glass of wine. The bar staff were brilliant, knew their wine and helped us choose the right one...The atmosphere was good, a lot of people were doing the same thing, a gentle murmur of people conversing, good place to go....We didnt have any food but what we saw being served, snack type stuff looked pretty good.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Funky little neighborhood bar. Though the name is a bit deceiving – not a huge wine selection – the wines offered were interesting with a good variety. The menu is also limited, but the food was excellent. Everything we tried was well prepared and tasty. Almost afraid to give it this review as I we like the quiet atmosphere – but it is a great place.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

went with five adults and three babies. Seated ourselves in nice cozy table only to have owner exile us to the dreaded "back room" after we had gotten all settled in. Note - they do advertise as being family friendly. Wouldn't have been so bad, but once there we were ignored. Drink menu was actually really nice, live music was good, food was really good too, although the portions were hardly worth the price. I didn't even know dried figs came so small, and a "bed" of spinach consisted of 5 leaves (not exaggerating). When we brought up lack of service with waiter, we were told "that's how we roll". Then as to insult the issue, we were stuck with an automatic gratuity for being a party of six or more....they counted the babies until we complained.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

I have visited ITR twice and both times all was great!, I have had the goat cheese and fig jam appetizer, and a blu cheese stuffed steak which @ the great price of $19.00 was one of the most tender and best tasting steaks i've ever eaten.

I also have partaken of the wine list and have tasted a sparkling rose, and a malbec that was so smooth and full bodied. Was super delish! The rose, was a touch sweet, and has a great nose. Wonderful. Great on a warm summers eve.

I loved the atmosphere, which follows a very casual verve, with soft chairs and tables for seating. If I lived in Seattle I would live in the ridge so ITR could do my cooking!

For those in wheelchairs, entrance, tables and bathrooms are excellent.

So neighbors lets get a line out the door, every nite! Cheers!

Reviewed 6 November 2012

Stopped in here for a nice glass of wine after a guitar lesson. The ambiance was a nice, but I couldn't figure out if the lighting was too dark or too light. Weird, huh?. They seemed to have everything in place for a real cozy atmosphere but for some reason that I wasn't able to figure out, it just wasn't. Tried a glass of Malbec which the bartender said was the last of the batch..unfortunately it tasted like it. I then tried the Shirax which was quite good. Also had the mac and cheese with some bacon which was really good. Followed that with the creme brulee topped with strawberries, which was very nice. All in all, not a bad experience but something is missing, I just can't put my finger on what it is.