“asian goodies”
Review of Uwajimaya

Uwajimaya
Ranked #7 of 192 Shopping in Seattle
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I went here expecting to find yummy and hard to find Asian food goodies and I was super happy with what I found. Sure a lot of what I was looking for was the candies and drinks to take with me back home to Arizona but what I found I wish we had more like this store especially at this size back in AZ. I think I spent 1-2hrs in this store and went back several times.

There are newer reviews for Uwajimaya

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The Seattle Uwajimaya is a great place to get Asian food, books, and other things. They have a great food court with many options for a quick and inexpensive meal. I loved looking at all the fun goods that are hard for me to find at home.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a review of the Bellevue store, I have also been to the Seattle store in the past and they are both wonderful. On this visit at the Bellevue market we got: fresh Uni (sea urchin) just brought in to the store, it was wonderful. Fresh clams, fresh Dungenes crabs, beautiful cooked octopus from Japan. When I say fresh, it means they were still swiming in the tanks where you can see what you want and choose (for crabs and clams). The crabs we just steamed, the clams I prepared with garlic, butter, white wine and parsley, the uni was eaten "as it was" nothing to alter it's delicious taste. The octopus proved to be great to prepare the ever loved and delicious "pulpo a la gallega" spanish recipe. It is already cooked (not overcooked) so it was great for this simple recipe. I will be visiting my daughter in Seattle soon and plan to go back. They also have any kind of oriental product you can think of and one's you did not know existed. Don't miss this experience. I forgot, fresh oysters at great price, did not get any because it was too much food already but plan to next time.

1  Thank martycaso
Reviewed 17 October 2013

A well stocked grocery store within a larger shopping area with just about any Asian country represented food-wise. There is also a Japanese store stocked with just about anything you could possibly want imported from Japan. Bring your empty tummy. Nice selection of food vendors with everything from seafood, to deli style, to fresh cooked food and bakeries. The best part is if you just want to dash in and get something quick or have a meal, the parking lot is validated and free for the first hour. Not an easy chore parking in the International District, but this makes the market worth stopping in.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Uwajimaya is a fun place to explore Asian food, books, and myriad of other goods. It is a perfect place to find those rare or authentic Asian ingredients you need for cooking, too. They have a great little food court with kitchens selling baked items, Korean, Thai, Chinese, and more.