“Good location, average hotel”

Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #50 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Make sure you ask for a view of the harbor otherwise you may face a hill or parking lot. Standard Marriott with a location that is convenient to the harbor, downtown and Pike's Market.

Comfortable stay for a visit to Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for view of harbor, King bed
There are newer reviews for Seattle Marriott Waterfront

Reviewed 29 July 2011

We chose this hotel for it's great location for all the Seattle attractions. On arrival we were upgraded to an ocean view which was really nice. Getting in late we opted for room service. Our experience was very bad,they called back twice to say they were out of things and when we got the pint of ice cream we found it was already opened and used. They did bring us another one unopened.The next morning at breakfast we opted for a light fare and it wasn't busy. After a 39 min wait we still had no food. The waiter apologized many times and brought the manager over.We told him about our room service experience and now this. He apologized and offered us a free meal of our choice and took the room service off our bill and paid for our breakfast. On return to our room we had a bottle of wine with cheese and crackers and a note from this manager apologizing for what happened. We felt they had more than made up for our bad experience. When a hotel reacts in this way instead of ignoring bad service I am convinced that they have good management and are concerned about their reputation. We did order room service again after coming back late from Victoria BC and it was GREAT! Before the manager talked with us we would not have returned and would have warned others not to book this hotel. It is a wonderful location,the rooms are very clean and comfortable,the service improved 100% and we left with good memories of our Seattle vacation!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to ocean view
1  Thank onthegoallthetime57
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed here last week. We were upgraded which I guess meant we were given a higher floor room with a balcony facing the water. The rooms were alittle small and the balcony was the size of a postage stamp (square about 3'x3') but we faced the waterfront so that was nice. The hotel is a shaped like a double U so we could have gotten a room that just looked into another room with only a slight water view and no balcony. Location is great with an elevator/stairs right next door that comes out a block away from Pike's Market. Lots of places to eat within walking distance (try Etta's) as well a short walk to the Aquarium,. Slightly longer distance to downtown shopping area with one major hill to climb. The room was comfy and clean. My one complaint is that at times the A/C would make a knocking noise ar night. Also, you need to pay for parking. We never ate in the hotel but the bar area and restaurants looked nice with one restaurant having outdoor seating. Pool on 2nd floor was indoor/outdoor. Sofa seating looked comfy but it was a sunny Seattle day and the pool was crowded so we didn't get to use them. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Wonderful hotel! Great location, clean rooms and very friendly staff. Special thanks to Joe K, front dest rep for making our stay extra special! He was wonderful to work with.
I highly recommend this hotel.
Karen C

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Normally, I have a great experience at the Marriott properties, but this was the exception. I called in advance to speak with the concierge, but neither one of my two calls was returned. Then, when I got there, the concierge was friendly but not overly helpful. Quite disappointing. Make sure you do your own research if it's your first time in Seattle.

While the room was clean, the hallways were a mess. There was not a single time when I left my room where there was not a huge laundry hamper or garbage bin left there. Day or night.

I could not get anyone to pick up when I pressed "0" from my room - it just rang and rang and rang. I tried three times over the course of two days. The only way I was able to speak with someone in the hotel from the hotel was to use my cell phone to call the main number.

The HBO channel did not work when I was there. Apparently, it was out for a week with no estimated resolution time.

But...location is absolutely terrific, close to Pike Market, right on the water.

Service is really not even close to par at this property (and I am a fan of Marriott!). I hope that the management team pays attention to how they're treating their employees, so that the employees treat the guests much better than what I had experienced.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Perfect location, across from cruise ship dock. Walk to Pike Market, Aquarium and downtown. Nice room, first trip with wheelchair, had to use theirs, which we complained about. Next week when we returned, they had purchased a nice transport chair. Staff was good, concierge went the extra mile. Busy place, nice waterfront bar, rest. spot. WiFi in room was expensive. Free in lobby.

Room Tip: Handicapped rooms were far from elevator over thick new carpet. Ask when checking for close in loca...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gypsiescollect
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed at the Marriott Waterfront three days in May. It has an excellent location for tourists (Not so great for business travelers). The rooms are average, but clean - standard Marriott style. The service was general friendly and helpful - except the bellman to get a cab. Catching a cab in the morning was very difficult - and the hotel was little help. (If you have to leave early in the morning - arrange your car service the night before). It was much easier in the afternoon to get transportation away from the waterfront. Also, computers in the business center were free, but crashed repeatedly and were very slow.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business