Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Phil C
London, United Kingdom

Great Hotel, but Expensive

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 Jan 2008
I stayed here on business, and my first thought was that the room was over-priced. It was a lovely room, with a comfortable bed and ocean view. Housekeeping were good and kept the room very clean during my 5 night stay. The telly was large, but not flat-screen. No bath robe was provided.

The location is great - you can walk to the market and all the big name shops. The monorail station is walking distance, and I think it is not too far to walk to the space needle either, although I did not try.

However, this was the first hotel I have stayed in which does not have a mini-bar or a safe. There is a fridge, but only for your own food and drink purchased outside the hotel.

Food from room-service was delicious, but again I thought it was expensive.

I had a very pleasant stay, and would be happy to return.
Date of stay: September 2007
Trip type: Travelled on business
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesRooms
5.0 of 5 bubblesLocation
5.0 of 5 bubblesCleanliness
3.0 of 5 bubblesCheck-in / front desk
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesBusiness service (e.g., internet access)
£353
    £174
12.6 miles from Seattle Marriott Waterfront
View more hotels in Seattle
2,302 results
All reviews across the street m club hook plow pike place market great location the concierge lounge cruise ship small balcony ferris wheel water view within walking distance pre cruise water front corner room puget sound few blocks elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2008

Not sure about this one because I suppose much depends on what you expect from Seattle. We had a very limited time there, less than 24 hours.

Reception staff were thin on the ground. It took 15 mins to get to the front of check in (and we are elite members).

I had expected more of the waterfront area. Of course it was winter and rather grey and gloomy as one would expect for Seattle at this time of year, but the waterfront (in case you don't know) is very industrial with big freight ships and a railway track nearby. To be fair I had not done my research, as we were staying such a short time to catch a flight back to London, but I don't think I would be in a rush to return.

The hotel has adequate room service and the staff do seem willing to please. There is quite a nice (small) pool area which goes outside, so is part in and part out, which the kids liked.

The bar menu is very limited, but they are willing to serve options from the fish restaurant attached to the hotel in the bar.

At 3p.m. it was not possible to obtain bar or restaurant service, and we were referred to room service (but we had already checked out, and to be honest wanted a meal in a bar/restaurant,) but as a special request, the fish restaurant would serve us a late lunch (they did not open for dinner until 4p.m.), this was a rather nice touch and the staff were friendly and helpful.

Our fellow travellers had difficulties with a less than perfectly clean room, but ours was fine, very clean and the Marriott bed was as usual lovely.

At the time we stayed in early January, the area felt a little deserted, but may have more atmosphere at other times of the year. It reminded us of a rather jaded English seaside resort, but with more of a big city edge. Limited experience with the locals, and the mounted police (the kids wanted to stroke the horse) was very positive.

There is a handy lift from the waterfront area up to Pike Place (the market) if you turn left out of the hotel past the fish restaurant you should find it on the left. Not sure how I would feel about walking around in this area late at night though, if necessary I would perhaps check with a local. It may feel better at a busier time of year.

In all the Marriott did feel homely when we were in a completely new place for such a short time.

Date of stay: January 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SophieG1
Reviewed 12 December 2007

My husband and I could not stop talking about how great we felt when staying at this Marriott. The rooms are clean and modern, the views were great, and the service was unbelievable. Every person we passed would acknowledge us as guests and do whatever they could to make our stay better. The little touches make a difference like how quickly they bring your car around and how they give you water to take with you at the valet. The concierge made us a reservation at a local restaurant and she ordered up a special appetizer for us at dinner...on her! What a great surprise. I can't say enough about the manager of this hotel because he or she must set an awesome leadership example to have EVERYONE so focused on service from the front desk clerks, the maids who clean the rooms, and the valet guys. We can't wait to go back!! I have never felt sad to leave a hotel until staying at this Marriott. Perfect loaction near the market, downtown shops, and beautiful walking trails near the water. Don't miss staying at this great hotel!!!

Date of stay: December 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank lily1226
Reviewed 2 November 2007

We stayed here using a voucher but certainly weren't treated as "coupon" customers. Nice, helpful staff, clean, comfortable rooms. Don't miss the indoor/outdoor pool, which was great even in October. Our voucher included breakfast buffets at the Todd English restaurant downstairs, which filled us up well into the afternoon.

Date of stay: October 2007
9  Thank DougCG
Reviewed 19 October 2007

We booked two rooms at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront and the service and rooms were superb. Fantastic location, incredibly accomdating staff (even with a two year old)...fabulous. Definintely one of the best Marriott's I've stayed in, and I've stayed in my share. Would defnintely go back.

Date of stay: October 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank SmrtBloned
Reviewed 18 October 2007

My one night at this hotel- which cost almost $1000.00- was as bad an experience as I have ever encountered at a Marriott Hotel. While very pleasant, management was totally ineffective at resolving any of the issues brought to their attention. The General Manager particularly seemed ill at ease in the hotel and avoided guests and their feedback.

Despite three calls to the hotel's Room Dvisions Manager prior to our arrival, our assigned room was not in any way what had been both promised and guaranteed.

Food in the Tood English restaurant was barely edible. Service was spot on, but one wishes the food would have been up to this Chef's capabilities.

Every department- from Room Service to Housekeeping- managed to repeatedly provide service of the lowest standard.

An absolute disaster!

Date of stay: September 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank drgene