“Great hotel for short stays”

Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #49 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 26 March 2014

PROS
- Location is really cool, there are many places close by,
- The bar is great and with friendly staff.
- Service is Marriott-like so thats always a good thing

CONS
- WiFi is NOT FREE, which for me is a deal breaker
- Expensive Valet Parking

Room Tip: A view to the lake will make your mornings better
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hotel overlooks water, close to numerous restaurants, right next door to Pikes - great location if you are in need to be downtown SEA. Front desk provided great service - I used mobile check in, arrived before my planned arrive and my room key was still ready upon check in. Conseiour room is standard, but provided sausage links (not patties - a plus with me). Elevators were quick. I did not use the restaurant (see earlier note). My only negative was parking - valet parking is $39.99 per night - sorry but this is way over priced - therefore the 4 stars rather then 5 stars.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I cant say anything truly negative. First of all, i accompanied someone on a business trip so it is a great hotel for free. It is pleasant enough but i agree with other reviewers about the amenities. My negatives:
1. At this price point wifi should be free
2. No robes in the rooms
3. Broken hairdryer in my room
4. No concierge. A front desk person kindly assisted me with my inquiry regarding hop on/hop off bus stops but she gave me totally wrong information, sending me a mile away when there is a stop across the street. In addition, she did not know that the service was only operating on weekends.
Rooms are only okay--maybe higher priced ones had a bit more luxury
Positives:
The staff is very nice, and the maid service was especially helpful
I had lunch in the attached restaurant and the food and service was good
As i noted before, i loved the location for the activities i had planned for this trip
Really good bed

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank barbdpayne
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Location is great. Elevator to Pikes Place Market/Shopping is right out the back door of the restaurant. Staff very nice and helpful. Conference facilities great as well. Only complaint was not great lighting in the bathroom. Asked for a makeup mirror and they brought me one! Heater was slightly noisy.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor with a balcony facing the water - beautiful sunsets!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel in early August of this year. The hotel was very clean, staff was very professional and the location is great. There was a trolly stop directly across the street for Emerald City trolley. It is a hop on hop off kind of thing. We bought a two day pass for around $40 and we were able to see all of Seattle in just two days. There was also a little Deli across the street called Bell Street Deli. It was nothing fancy but had good food and we could then eat at picnic tables out on the pier while over looking the water.
The hotel was also a very close walk to Pike Public Market. We walked over there three different times.I loved this hotel, I want to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a typical chain hotel with good management. Everything works, the rooms are clean and spacious, great location (10' walk to Pike Market).
But when will some hotels finally realize that it is an anachronism not to offer free WiFi everywhere in the hotel? One has to go to the lobby to connect to the internet. That is simply unacceptable in this day and age.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kraut55
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

While there were no major issues with my stay, I came away feeling unimpressed with my experience and stay at this property. The hotel is overpriced for what you receive as the service and amenities were average (as a Platinum member I assume they gave me their best). The hotel lobby is very nice but overall the pictures of the property on the Marriott website are misleading.

The room was below average and the 'balcony' was underwhelming. Most staff were friendly but the person checking me in was cold and distracted. The hotel bar closed at 11PM which resulted in them closing on 20-25 hotel guests who were enjoying there evening. And good luck getting a hot meal after 11PM as the kitchen closes and they only offer cold sandwiches for room service - their recommendation is to call in take-out since there aren't any places open in the area.

That being said, it's not a bad place, just overpriced and absolutely not the Category 6 (or 7?) that Marriott places it at. And while I rarely say this about Marriott hotels, I would not recommend staying here until they improve. My impression is they are focused on the new and exciting tech advances such as mobile check-in/check-out and have lost their way in regards to great customer service and amenities.

For loyal Marriott customers: I hear the Renaissance is nice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank GlobalMiz
Jenn S, Manager at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the experience which you deserve. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 206.256.1013, so that I may better address this matter.