“Underwhelming for the cost”

Seattle Marriott Waterfront
Ranked #50 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I think everyone will agree that the location is great for this hotel.
Unfortunately, that's about all it has going for it.

Service left something to be desired.
The rooms were expensive and small. We were in the corner of an "L" shape in the building and could make direct eye contact with guests of several rooms next to us through the window.

No free WiFi, $40/day for parking (plus a special state or city parking tax on top of that, as was listed on our bill, but never mentioned)

Overall, I've stayed at many places in large cities that give you what you pay for.
This was not one of them.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndreaEgan
Reyn N, Manager at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your concerns. I apologize that we were not able to deliver the experience which you deserve. I take your feedback very seriously and would like to discuss this matter in person. Please phone me at the hotel, 206.256.1013, so that I may better address this matter.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

PROS
- Location is really cool, there are many places close by,
- The bar is great and with friendly staff.
- Service is Marriott-like so thats always a good thing

CONS
- WiFi is NOT FREE, which for me is a deal breaker
- Expensive Valet Parking

Room Tip: A view to the lake will make your mornings better
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hotel overlooks water, close to numerous restaurants, right next door to Pikes - great location if you are in need to be downtown SEA. Front desk provided great service - I used mobile check in, arrived before my planned arrive and my room key was still ready upon check in. Conseiour room is standard, but provided sausage links (not patties - a plus with me). Elevators were quick. I did not use the restaurant (see earlier note). My only negative was parking - valet parking is $39.99 per night - sorry but this is way over priced - therefore the 4 stars rather then 5 stars.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I cant say anything truly negative. First of all, i accompanied someone on a business trip so it is a great hotel for free. It is pleasant enough but i agree with other reviewers about the amenities. My negatives:
1. At this price point wifi should be free
2. No robes in the rooms
3. Broken hairdryer in my room
4. No concierge. A front desk person kindly assisted me with my inquiry regarding hop on/hop off bus stops but she gave me totally wrong information, sending me a mile away when there is a stop across the street. In addition, she did not know that the service was only operating on weekends.
Rooms are only okay--maybe higher priced ones had a bit more luxury
Positives:
The staff is very nice, and the maid service was especially helpful
I had lunch in the attached restaurant and the food and service was good
As i noted before, i loved the location for the activities i had planned for this trip
Really good bed

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank barbdpayne
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Location is great. Elevator to Pikes Place Market/Shopping is right out the back door of the restaurant. Staff very nice and helpful. Conference facilities great as well. Only complaint was not great lighting in the bathroom. Asked for a makeup mirror and they brought me one! Heater was slightly noisy.

Room Tip: We were on the 7th floor with a balcony facing the water - beautiful sunsets!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel in early August of this year. The hotel was very clean, staff was very professional and the location is great. There was a trolly stop directly across the street for Emerald City trolley. It is a hop on hop off kind of thing. We bought a two day pass for around $40 and we were able to see all of Seattle in just two days. There was also a little Deli across the street called Bell Street Deli. It was nothing fancy but had good food and we could then eat at picnic tables out on the pier while over looking the water.
The hotel was also a very close walk to Pike Public Market. We walked over there three different times.I loved this hotel, I want to go back and stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather L
Reviewed 18 February 2014

This is a typical chain hotel with good management. Everything works, the rooms are clean and spacious, great location (10' walk to Pike Market).
But when will some hotels finally realize that it is an anachronism not to offer free WiFi everywhere in the hotel? One has to go to the lobby to connect to the internet. That is simply unacceptable in this day and age.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple