“Great stay. ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Dallas, Texas
“Great stay. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Visited mid May 2014. Hotel is only about 25 to 30 min from the airport. We arrived late night. The staff greeting was warm. The room was way more than I expected. We ended up with a city and harbor view being able to see both at the same time. We had a balcony and windows on two walls. The corner room on the 7th floor. Loved the room. It was very spacious and the colors welcoming. Bed was very comfortable. Morning view was great waking to the view of the water. The hotel is just minutes from Pikes Place Market and waking distance to other many points of interest. Just remember if walking you are down by the water and will be walking up hill to go anywhere. We didn't mind though. We were spending the night before our Alaskan cruise so something we didn't knkw when booking, it's directly across from the pier we needed to leave that afternoon. The bellboy litteraly loaded our things on a cart and walked across the street and a about 100 ft to drop us at the entrance. Can't wait to go back to stay again for a few days next time! Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Kim G
Matthew G, Manager at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay at out hotel. Our location surely can't be beat and the views of Elliot Bay are fantastic.

It gets better when its so clear you can see Mt. Rainier!

Come visit again soon!

Matthew Garvey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My family of 3 had a well-above average stay at the Marriott Seattle Waterfront . The rooms are large with updated furnishings and nice bathrooms. The small balcony was a treat on a lovely 85 degree sunny day. The room was clean, quiet, and we all slept well. We stay at Marriott hotels often and found this one to be one or two notches better than most. Our requests for connecting rooms and early check-in were granted. Front desk, room service, and concierge lounge staff were all friendly and eager to please. The Hook and Plough restaurant had better food than some of the surrounding restaurants. They happily accommodated my food allergy requirements. Our cruise ship was a five minute walk across the street. The hotel has a fantastic location directly on the waterfront and a short walk to Pike Place. Overall, it was an excellent stay and will be our top choice for a Seattle hotel.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Cruisewmn
Thank you for taking time to review us! We appreciate any and all feedback and especially love to hear you had a great time at our hotel.

We are very fortunate to have a great chef and it is always a pleasure to eat at the Hook and Plow restaurant.

We hope to see you back in Seattle soon!

Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

First off, I will admit that I am being harsh on my review due to the fact that I travel internationally and in my opinion the hotels and service in the US are far behind.

This location is excellent if you want to experience all the tourist things to do. You are right across the street from the water and can walk to the wharf, Ferris wheel, pikes place, and blocks from side street restaurants. We walked a it further to check out the stadiums and also walked to the space needle which wasn't far.

I was 1 stay away from being platinum and even with it being sold out, they gave me a great view room with a balcony. Even though the balconies all faced each other and there was no privacy, it was nice to stand out there and have a view. They however only let me get a 1/2 hour late check out due to them being booked and had to hold my bags and car while we walked around. When we returned to claim our bags, the guy seemed to be in a hurry and gave me 2 suitcases that weren't mine. He did apologize and found my bags but that's scary to know how easily your bags can be given away.

The lounge was adequate and the beds were comfortable. The rooms were average and clean but nothing spectacular and not worth $500 a night.

The staff was nice and friendly but there was no concierge desk so you had to wait in line with people checking in and out to ask a question.

I don't have anything bad to say, just not impressed for the money spent. It is an average hotel, average room, nice staff and great location in short.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mark4027
Matthew G, Manager at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Mark4027,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. I am so glad that you were able to take full advantage of our wonderful location! Being right across from the ferry terminal makes us one of the busiest hotels in Seattle during the summer.

I apologies about the unfortunate incident with your bags. I will make sure to go over with my bell staff in regards to safety and security.

We hope you make us your choice when you visit Seattle next!

Guatemala City, Guatemala
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed with my wife for the 1st and 2nd night of our honeymoon in Seattle at this hotel, being a silver marriot reward member i expected more, but instead of getting a king size bed as i had reserved from the beginning we got a double room. Fortunately the Bell boy (not the front desk) fix this and we were changed to a better room. As I stayed in several marriot properties in this trip I have to say that the watefront was the least hospitable of the 3. If it wasnt for its great location, i would not stay at his hotel anymore since it was not as friendly as all other marriott properties i used during my trip.

Room Tip: Try to have a street view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Matthew G, Manager at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
R76S,

We are very fortunate to be located on the Waterfront and close to so many local attractions. I'm happy you were able to take advantage of that!

I'm disheartened to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay here as you did at our other locations. We pride ourselves on customer service and hope that you will give us another opportunity to wow you next time you come to Seattle.

IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I don't want to diminish the other fine features of this hotel, but the location downtown is really the highlight. It's right on the waterfront (well, a street and couple of sidewalks separate you from the water), but the design ensures that many of the rooms overlook the sound very nicely. Many of the rooms have a tiny balcony (about enough for 2 people to stand), or roll out the desk chair, but not much more than that.

To get to the Market or otherplace downtown, there is a public stairs/elevator about a block away to take you up the otherwise too-steep-to-walk embankment. This will spit you out about 100 yards from the market...nice to walk there in the mornings for a snack and a drink.

Otherwise the hotel is as clean and supernice as you'd expect!

Room Tip: Try to get a balcony, even though they are small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Location
3 Thank Beezlebubba
Beezlebubba,

Thank you for being a valued guest! Happy to hear you had a great time in Seattle! The elevator to Pikes Place, a life saver! I take it all the time and am so greatful I don't have to walk up that hill!

We look forward to seeing you on your next Seattle Adventure!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were spoiled during our stay at this property! During check-in the front desk agent asked what brought us to Seattle and I mentioned it was our anniversary as well as our first time in Seattle. So she upgraded us...to a junior suite!!! We were only staying one night, but it was still very very sweet of her. The room was very spacious and clean...the bathroom especially was huge! We had a view of the water which was lovely. The location of the hotel is perfect. Walking distance to most of the major sight-seeing attractions. Also a great location if you are a foodie like myself. Pike Place Market is very close as well as 1st Ave which was lined with restaurants.

I just have one suggestion...that the front desk staff learn a little more about how to use public transportation to get around. We wanted to go see a few things that were further than walking distance so I asked about what buses we could take. I was told to just take cabs everywhere, which would have been a lot of money. Three different associates didn't know how to take a bus. Being from Chicago, I don't own a car and take public transportation every day, so I was a little surprised. Anyways, I just google mapped it myself and we figured out how to take the bus pretty easily.

Our stay was wonderful! I wish we could have stayed longer :)

Room Tip: Request a room with a view facing the water!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank Claire41090
Claire41090,

I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Junior suite, awesome! I will definately talk to our front desk agents and increase their knowledge base of the public transit system here in Seattle!

We look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Seattle!

New Hyde Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We booked this hotel because of it's location to the Cruise Pier and the ease to get out of the Hotel and over to our Ship.

The proximity to Pike Place Market and the downtown shopping area was great.

Mind you, this is at sea level, so elevators and uphill walks are mandatory to get around, so be in shape. No casts or wheeled transportation without good breaks.

Very clean hotel, right by the Seattle Wheel and other Shore side restaurants. Great view of Mount Rainier on a clear day, Restaurant and food was wonderful.

Room Tip: Make sure you request early check in with the correct Bed size, and are willing to wait. Twin beds...
Green Features: Keeping the towels and linens for second day is a great way to save the environment.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 61BrianDS
Matthew G, Manager at Seattle Marriott Waterfront, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear 61BrianDS,

Thank you for your time and feedback! You certainly are right regarding the uphill walks here in Seattle! We are so lucky to have the elevator that brings our guests up to the Market Level with minimal uphill walking!

Happy you were able to enjoy great weather and the sites you are able to see in that weather. It is truly a wonderful day when Mt. Rainier "comes out to play." Those are days that as I say, "can't beat the view from the office."

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Seattle Marriott Waterfront on your next visit to Seattle!

All the best,