“Great Experience”

Ranked #46 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 5 April 2006

My husband and I spent 4 days at the Marriott Waterfront. We were there to visit my daughter who is in the Coast Guard. The service was perfect. Our room was clean and the maids went out of their way to please us in every way. The management made a point to speak to us and inquire about our visit. The resturant associated with the hotel had very good food. It was a little pricey but we expected that from Seattle. The only downer I would mention is the parking. Even though we didn't bring a car, our guests had to pay to park in order to visit us in the hotel. The parking was pricey $30.00 daily. Other than that I look forward to a second visit in the near future.

• Stayed March 2006
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Korean first
Lafayette
Reviewed 14 March 2006

Drop dead views of the Bay, easy walk to Pike's Place and any number of great restaurants and 4 star service.

I attended a Microsoft conference held in the hotel. Decided that the $279 was justified as I would have paid any difference in cab fees or parking for a cheaper hotel and spent time in transit.

Beautiful 4 star facility. Lobby is lovely. Bathrooms are well appointed - think marble counters and lots of space.

Highly recommended if your budget allows, or if it is a business travel expense.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled on business
7 Thank Sharon D
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 26 February 2006

I'm reading some of the lavish reviews of the Marriott Waterfront and I'm wondering if the people who wrote them and I stayed in the same hotel. Yes, the Waterfront has a terrific view location and it's near the Pike Place Market. It's a relatively new hotel and the rooms are nice. But I'd never stay there again. Two reasons: Some significant flaws in the service delivery, and second, and more importantly, their utter indifference to my polite complaints about those problems.

First, the flaws:
A room heating system so loud I had trouble sleeping.
No hot water for a morning shower.
No shower caps or bathrobe in a premium hotel
A big hole in the middle of a bath towel.

Second, their reaction.
When I went to the desk to check out ($379 for room, taxes, parking and a meal for one.), I politely mentioned to the clerk the issues above. Her only response was that I should have called down to get a shower cap. No apology. No promise to look into the situation and certainly no offer of even the smallest compensation. All the empathy I got from her was "Sign here."

I'm not a flagrant complainer, so I waited until the next day to call the hotel. I talked with the operations manager. He listened and promised to take up my issues with the manager. Its now been 10 days with no follow-up. No call. No letter. No expression of concern.
I don't enjoy writing negative reviews, but I feel the disparity between the price I paid (in mid-winter) and the response I got merits recounting my experience. I hope yours is better.

• Stayed February 2006, travelled on business
16 Thank DogFriendly3
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 February 2006

The Marriott Waterfront is perfectly located, close to downtown and Belltown. A great place to base yourselves for a family vacation (we were very happy with the deal we received booking a package through the marriott.com web site -- airfare, hotel and car rental.)
Unlike many hotels, this one was very quiet. We stayed five nights and never heard the folks on either side of us. The waterfront view from our room (652) was very nice, and the small balcony was a plus.
You are in easy walking distance to Pike Place Market and some wonderful restaurants in the Belltown neighborhood. A great find was La Bella e Vita on 2nd Avenue between Battery and Wall. Or just walk across the street to Pier 66 (we'd recommend you stick to the first floor, which they call the Bell Street Diner. An excellent menu, very fresh fish nicely prepared and if you like micro-brew beer, try the Manny's on tap. You can't get it in a bottle so enjoy it while you can.
For breakfast, the Fish Club in the hotel offers a great buffet for a reasonable $14.95 per adult ($7.50 for children) or order off the menu (check out the French Toast). But most days we just walked up the adjacent stairway to the Pike Place Market and dropped into the Le Panier French bakery. There is also a great little donut spot at the south end of the market -- about $2 for a half dozen mini-donuts that you just watched them make.
One caution: If you are staying for more than a couple nights and have a car, you might want to park it for $12 a day in the Art Institute parking garage to the north of the hotel. Turn right out of the hotel, go up a block to Wall, turn right on Wall, turn right at the next light and head up about a block to the garage's upper entrance. If you park on that level, you can walk through the garage and take an outside elevator down to Alaskan Way and you end up about a half block away from the hotel. A bargain compared to the $30 per night for valet parking at the hotel.

• Stayed February 2006
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 17 January 2006

Our room at $219.00 per night was amazing, feather bedding, lots of pillows, starbucks coffee. Book the corner room #484, king bed, smoking, walk out only balcony. The views of Elliott Bay were breathtaking. Room service food was hot, however, they ran out of steaks on a Saturday night at 6pm.
I will stay there again. Lobby was regal.

• Stayed January 2006
8 Thank etakathy
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 21 November 2005

As a manager in the service industry, I felt compelled to share my review of this property. We stayed 1 night with guests from California. From the moment we entered the Lobby, this hotel far exceeded my expectations. I would recommend it, without hesitation, to anyone staying in the Seattle area. The service was above and beyond; the rooms inviting and very clean; the view, breathtaking!

• Stayed November 2005
21 Thank salesmgr
Saint Louis
Reviewed 12 November 2005

Just got back from 3 nights at this hotel and it was great. With it's waterfront location, fabulous beds, and outstanding service, this year old hotel is a good choice. They have 2 concierge floos that give you access to a lounge that includes breakfast, afternoon snacks, beverages, and evening deserts. We were upgraded to this floor, upon asking, at no extra charge because we are Marriott Rewards members. A definite plus. Concierge was very helpful in planning activites and dinner reservations. Our favorite meal was right across the street at Anthony's on Pier 66. They brought us a complimentary appetizer and said it was from the concierge at the Marriott. Very impressive. Will defintiely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business