“great location”

Ranked #48 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Anchorage, AK
“great location”
Reviewed 28 January 2010

Hotel is in a great location. So close to Pikes Market, which is where I wanted to spend my time. We had a great view of the water. The rooms are very clean and spacious. Very nice tv w/ lots of channels. Happy to have a coffee maker and small fridge and plenty of towels. It would be nice if they had free wi fi in the rooms, but relaxing in the nice lobby, using the free internet there, was good enough.
The front desk was very nice and eager to help us find good restaurants.
Having a small store in the lobby was nice, though paying $3.53 for a bottle of water was not. But that's ok, I was on vacation. I did not eat at the hotel, use the pool, or drive, so this is a short review!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank chanchorage

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Korean first
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 24 January 2010

I took my wife here and was quite happy. The rooms are beautiful and the lobby is a good blend of trendy and relaxing. While we had a standard room that didn't have a view, we could still see the waterfront from the side of window. We enjoyed watching the ships go by. This is the only hotel I've stayed in where I loved relaxing in the lobby, so much so, I didn't want to be in the room. We ate breakfast at the hotel's "Bistro 2100 Bar" and the buffet was excellent.

Cons: The valet parking is not a good value and the offsite parking is a bit of a walk. I also don't agree with charges for wi-fi as I think that should be a free service for guests. My wife needed some band-aids and while they said they were on there way up, they couldn't find them. It took an hour and a half but they compensated with a free breakfast.

Pros: The room itself is an excellent value considering the downtown location. The staff was very friendly and always trying to please.

Overall, I'd like to try some other hotels but will probably return as the value is unsurpassed.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tanikir
Stockholm
Reviewed 30 October 2009

I stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront eight nights due to a business meeting nearby and was appalled by the ignorant service. After a full day of meetings and dinner with business associates, I expected my room to be ready so that I could work a few hours, prepare for my next day and get some sleep. At least this is what I had expected when I paid $229 per night.
On Sunday I realise the the desk lamp doesn't work. Since I know I will work in the evening I ask the next morning to have it repaired by the evening. When I get back at 10pm, the lamp doesn't work and I call the front desk (for the second time) to have it fixed. It takes a person of the staff half an hour and three visits to my room to repair it.
The next evening I come back late at 10pm again. This time my room has not been cleaned. It looks like when I left it in the morning including wet towels on the bathroom floor. I go downstairs and request to talk to the manager and place a formal written complaint. It takes the staff half an hour to clean my room, before I can use it again.
As compensation for the last two days, the manager offered me complementary breakfasts for the rest of my stay. I usually don't eat breakfast, but I thought it was at least a gesture. But when I bring my little handwritten note (on a business card) to the breakfast restaurant I really had to work hard for receiving my complementary breakfasts. The staff questioned my note and requested to keep it, but what would I show the next day if they took my note? It was also my only proof in case I would have to show something at check out and the breakfasts had appeared on my bill. Hence, instead of enjoying these breakfasts, I had to expain over and over again. After my second breakfast I had had enough and skipped the rest.
Since it was a business trip, I didn't select the hotel for the so-called waterfont location, but I understand those that are disappointed by the fact that the hotel is not at all at the waterfront, but squeezed in between a busy road and a noisy railroad. There is no feeling of being close to the water.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank BastianStockholm
Western, Washington
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My husband and I went away to Seattle for a romantic weekend and we were very dissapointed with our choice of hotel. Although the hotel was nice the staff was very rude to us upon check-in and made us feel uncomfortable for the remainder of our trip. We also asked for a room with a view and balcony which we recieved a beautiful view but our balcony was tiny, not enough room to sit out on with chairs and it was on the side or our room facing other hotel rooms. Also the hotel claims to be waterfront, it's across the street from the water, not on the water which is what we were expecting. We will not be staying here again, next time we will stay at the Edgewater Hotel, especially for the price we paid for our room.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank datrvlbgs
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We stayed one night at the Mariott Waterfront Seattle hotel. The hotel was really beautiful and it was right on the water. We had a small balcony so that we could step outside and enjoy the view. We went to spend a romantic evening and we had a very relaxing and comfortable stay. It was really nice to be right on the Seattle waterfront, and the bed was extremely comfortable. I usually hate hotel beds and I am very picky, but their bed was very nice.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trishymay
Tulsa, OK
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We spent 2 nights here in early September on our first visit to Seattle, before leaving on an Alaska cruise. We could not have picked a better location for our first Seattle experience. It was right on the water, just a few blocks from the Pike Place Market. A bus stop for the free bus was just across the street, making it really easy to get around town.
The room was pleasant - a typical Marriott room - but the lobby included some beautiful blown glass art, and a small store with limited but adequate snacks, coffee, etc. There was also a Starbucks just across the street. Our first night, the concierge made reservations at the restaurant across the street on the water and it was a fabulous meal. I can't say enough good things about the concierge. She was so helpful and even comped us a free appetizer at the restaurant she sent us to.
I would definitely stay here again and will be returning to Seattle as soon as I can find a reason to do so.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PoodlemaTulsa_OK
Dallas, Tx
Reviewed 8 October 2009

My husband and I traveled to Seattle for the first time to watch LSU play Washington in their opening game. The Marriot is a great hotel, friendly staff and convenient location to everything! We arrived early on Thursday and expected to have to wait until 4pm to get our room. Fortunately, for us, our room, a belcony room, was available to check in at 10:30am. The room was very clean, the bed is comfortable and having a balcony room was worth the money! I would stay there again if we go back.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple