“Definite must”

Seattle Free Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 150 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Seattle's only "Pay what you feel" tours! The Market Experience (1.25 hours, register online) Our whirlwind tour of Pike Place Market including samples and vender interaction. Seattle 101(2 hours, register online) Our world renowned city tour sharing all of our favorite ways to engage the Emerald City. You can do both tours the same day! Both tours meet at Victor Steinbrueck Park (2001 Western Ave) in between the 2 totem poles. Look for the guide with an SFWT flag. All tours run rain or shine, dress to impress Mother Nature. Contact us directly to book private group tours for your business, school, convention, or family gathering.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definite must”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Considering it was free, it was a great tour. I went on a 'Seattle 101' tour and it gave me broad view of Seattle downtown.

Visited May 2014

San Jose, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“First thing to do before going to all the sight”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have done many walking tours both in the USA and Europe. Jake our guide was great. Walking us thought Pike Market and showing the regular stuff but then brought us over to Post Ally which is part of Pike, but I was not aware of was there. Jake also provides get tips on saving money for meals and EMP museum. Which is why you should do this tour before going to the other attractions, I can honestly say he saved me more than $100 in museum fee and meals. Plus he got us discount in Pike Market on certain vendors.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Like2traveloverseas
Lincoln, Nebraska, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great way to start your trip to Seattle!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I were in Seattle visiting a relative and decided to do the 9:30 am Market Tour based on the recommendations on Trip Advisor and to get a feel for what we'd want to do on the rest of our time in Seattle. This was the best decision we made and ended up being my favorite part of the trip. The tour guide, Jake, is enthusiastic and very knowledgeable about the area and making sure you enjoy your time in Seattle as much has he enjoys living here.

The 9:30 Market Experience Tour is an hour in Pike's Place Market it is opening so you get to see the vendors set up and learn how it all works. This is really a mini-food tour because you visit a number of vendors who provide you with free samples (smoked salmon, jam, pickles, etc.) and discounts if you want to come back later to purchase. Jake leaves you with lots of "tips" like where the cleanest restrooms are, what places not to miss, and how to tackle the market (he suggests spending a whole day in the market alone). I even got to "catch a fish" - which I don't believe is an every-day occurrence - our relative living in Seattle was impressed! We enjoyed ourselves so much we got some coffee (yes, at the "oldest" Starbucks) and joined the next tour!

The 11:00 am Seattle 101 tour starts in the same location as the Market Experience tour. Jake takes you quickly through the public market, catching one or two things he didn't include on the Market Experience Tour, and then continues through downtown Seattle. You walk through the Financial District and Pioneers Square before turning down towards the Waterfront. The best part of this tour is getting to hear about many different elements of Seattle we wouldn't have learned about otherwise. We did decide to fore-go the "underground tour" following this tour because we didn't feel we would learn/see much more. He also gives you tips on places to eat, how to find the many happy-hour specials present in the city, the ferries, and other ways to really experience Seattle. We used lots of his advice and our trip as a whole greatly benefited from it.

I'd highly recommend one or both of the tours to anybody exploring Seattle for the first-time on their own. We felt compelled to tip well just because we had so much fun and ended up saving money from the knowledge we learned on the tour in the long run! You won't be sorry to give it a try!!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Elizabeth H
Minneapolis, MN
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great little tour”
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Love the idea of a free tour. You pay whatever you think the tour is worth. We did the 9:30am tour of Market Opening. We actually just happened upon this tour and were so glad we did! Our guide Jake was knowledgeable and we got to try some yummy samples! This is really nice to learn more about how the Market works.

1 Thank MNTraveler13
Perth, Australia
“Seattle 101 awesome!!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

My boyfriend and his brother went to Seattle and decided to revisit because they new I would enjoy it and the first thing they said I should do is the Seattle 101 walking tour because it's fantastic and it was. Jake is so enthusiastic about his city which makes the tour even more enjoyable. It's informative and fun. We ended up making friends with one of our tour group and spent the rest of the day going to some of the points of interest that the tour guide pointed out that were worth a visit.

Visited April 2014