“Great and enjoyable walk with Jake.”

Seattle Free Walking Tours
Ranked #3 of 144 Tours in Seattle
More attraction details
Fee: No
Owner description: Seattle's only "Pay what you feel" tours! The Market Experience (1.25 hours, register online) Our whirlwind tour of Pike Place Market including samples and vender interaction. Seattle 101(2 hours, register online) Our world renowned city tour sharing all of our favorite ways to engage the Emerald City. You can do both tours the same day! Both tours meet at Victor Steinbrueck Park (2001 Western Ave) in between the 2 totem poles. Look for the guide with an SFWT flag. All tours run rain or shine, dress to impress Mother Nature. Contact us directly to book private group tours for your business, school, convention, or family gathering.
North America
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great and enjoyable walk with Jake.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I was in Seattle visiting my daughter in June and decided to join Jake on both his walking tours (Seattle 101 and Market Experience). One morning, I decided to walk down to the meeting place which is not too far from my daughter's apartment to meet up with Jake's morning tour and joined him again in the afternoon. I was not bored, even though I have visited the city many times. Jake is very knowledgeable and a fun guy. I had a great time and would highly recommend these tours to anyone visiting Seattle.
Just like other TA reviews, this is a worthwhile tour and worth a good tip.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank AlleyOopDinosaur

SoCal
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Great way to learn about a city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We found this to be a great experience and a "neat" way to learn about a city. It was fun, informational and surprisingly filling.

2 Thank TBSoCal71
Philadelphia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Well worth your time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This tour is advertised as free but of course you need to pay for his 2 hours of time. It's how he makes his living and he does a great job at it. He has traveled the world which sparked my interest to go to the tour because I travel too. I knew I would be in good hands and it was going to be a tour led by someone who has my philosophies in travel. It was very informative and I learned a lot. We learned lots of tips.
So glad I went!!!! If I didn't I would have missed parts of the city like pioneer square and the area near Ivars. Clam chowder was good there and we got a free sample.

1 Thank PhiladelphiaAnnette
Fresno, California
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Loved them!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I went on two walking tours with Jake, Seattle 101 and Market Experience, and I really enjoyed both. He does a great job of telling the history of everything he shows, as well as answering people's questions. During the market tour, we were able to meet a lot of vendors and sample their products, with some offering deals to anyone who had been on the tour. Since the tour itself is free, the idea is that you will tip as you see fit. I thought it was great and tipped accordingly.

1 Thank Krysten A
Chicago, Illinois
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Well worth the money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Since the tour is FREE, we wanted to give it a shot to see what it was all about, and we are so glad that we did! We did both of Jake's tours (Seattle 101 and Market Experience). He is extremely knowledgeable, but also makes the tours FUN! We learned a lot and felt that his tour covered everything that we would have wanted to know about Seattle without having to go on a bunch of different tours/excursions to find out. He also gave us a lot of tips about how to save money for the rest of our time in Seattle as well. We would highly recommend these tours to anyone visiting Seattle, and make sure you tip well because it's pay what you think it's worth, and it's worth quite a bit! :)

3 Thank Samantha F