“good hotel and services”

Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway
Ranked #4 of 105 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I chose this hotel because I had meetings with clinicians at UWash hospitals (although in terms of campuses it is closer to one of the Seattle Uni ones). My only quibbles are that the rooms are a little lacking in the additional extras that are useful (e.g. bottle opener, LAN cable for laptops); since the room had a microwave and fridge some cutlery etc would have been a good idea. Room also a little small.

Service was always great - I didn't make use of the shuttle bus but it goes to the main places you might want to visit. Jimmy's bar/restaurant downstairs was where I had breakfast and sometimes dinner. Nice ambience and clientele.

Good wifi.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,169)

Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was here on business and this is only a few blocks from the hospital. There is shuttle service to the hospital and well as a few other limited areas. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room size was adequate, the bed comfortable. We tried to be "green" but our towels were changed anyway so we ended up just using the "do not disturb" sign on the door. My wife tried the spa and pool and I know she enjoyed them both.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Visited the Silver Cloud with my 11-year-old nephew for a few days in August. The boy enjoyed the underground pool immensely.

The rooms were completely satisfactory. The onsite restaurant was fine, but you can do much better nearby. Parking is not a problem, as the hotel has a large, secured underground lot.

The location is great. Within walking distance are many, many great places to eat (Cafe Presse for breakfast is a couple of blocks away, Altura for dinner is about 1 mile down Broadway). Broadway itself is a great street for strolling.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

What l liked about this place was, the first day we checked in to the day we checked out, we were greeted with a smile. The staff was awesome. The room was very clean. Well worth it to have the shuttle; the drivers were great and very informative. The only thing we didn't like was the restaurant, nobody greeted you and it took a long time for somebody to take care of you.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Although this hotel is a bit of a walking distance to downtown, the shuttle service the hotel offers to four/five select popular locations makes access super easy. I got dropped off at Pioneer Park and by the Sephora Store. I didn't try out the restaurant at the hotel but I did notice their was an Ihop directly behind the hotel. Walking down the road there is plenty of places to eat, like a Chipotle, Subway, Dominos and several bars and pubs. I didn't have time for the pool or spa either but if it was anything like the rest of the hotel I'm sure it was nice. The only complaint was parking was $23 dollars a day, but I found this something you may come to expect in the Seattle area. I parked my car and used the shuttle the entire stay. The rooms were nice, nothing fancy. I slept well on the bed, which was very comfortable. The towels and complimentary Aveda shampoo, soaps and lotions were a welcome aspect. All in all, I would surely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Fantastic. Shuttle service is great - offering four drop offs/pick ups in key areas. From those spots you can walk just about anywhere in the main part of Seattle. One of the drivers was a bit annoying, but everyone else was super efficient and friendly.

The front desk was always super sweet and they have a small "gift shop" selling super reasonably priced food and goodies. My friend was stuck on the ramen (super satisfying after a day and night of drinking!) The front desk even got her some Siracha from the restaurant. And no judgement at our 2am purchases.

Jimmy's, the onsite bar & restaurant, was great. They've got good happy hour specials and we loved the Spire cider.
Spent some time at their indoor pool (wish it was open later though) and enjoyed the relaxation.

Hotel is also in walking distance to anything in the Capitol Hill area, lots of bars, restaurants, and ice cream shops (Seriously -- had no idea Seattleites were such fans of ice cream!)
There's also a grocery store/pharmacy a quick walk down the road that's open 24 hours which came in handy when I ran out of contact solution.

I would definitely come back here on another trip to Seattle.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My husband and I spent 7 nights at the Broadway location. It's within walking distance to Pike Market and the Space Needle. Great location for many bars and restaurants.
The food and service at Jimmie's was very good.
Everyone at the property made us feel welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013