“Two Thumbs up!”

Ranked #3 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Silicon Valley
“Two Thumbs up!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This served as 'home-base' hotel for our wedding weekend, as it is 2 blocks from the Sole Repair Shop event space. I think all of our crew was not only quite satisfied by the staff service, comfort of the rooms, cleanliness, etc. -- but the group rate we got was an excellent price/value for a busy Seattle weekend. The extra $20 overnight parking fee?? That's not so good, but Capital Hill is quite congested. Jimmy's restaurant has okay food, but too pricey for b-fast, so let me suggest walking a few blocks to eat at the Skillet Diner at Union and 14th.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Arabic first
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once for a week while my husband had surgery at Swedish, and again for just one night. Both times I found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful, and the rooms to be clean and relatively spacious. My last stay I reserved one of the King Suites as I was there with my cousin and it afforded us both space and privacy (main room and bedroom both have TVs and there are two entrances to the bathroom). The shuttle was available to take us to dinner so the location, while a mile away from the waterfront restaurants, isn't an issue. Given the price of the room was more than $100 less than a much smaller room in the Pike Market area, I found it to be a great alternative. And if you are visiting the hospitals (First Hill or Cherry Hill), the location can't be beat. Jimmy's (the restaurant downstairs) has pretty good food and a great bar area to relax in. Self-parking is available in a secured underground garage which is well-lighted. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room or suite -- lots of windows
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Sept 23rd 2013 we stayed the night because I had hip replacement surgery the next morning at 6am. We picked this place because it is close to Swedish. The rooms are nice enough but there are a couple things we ran into that influenced me in my rating.

1) Courtesy shuttle service does not start until 7am
2) They charge $20 per night to park your car here even if you are a guest

We wound up having to park under the hospital and then walk to the hotel and then walk back in the morning. A painful experience for me.

We'll have to shop around for a hotel that is more accommodating, if there is a next time

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor to avoid the traffic noise from the two main streets this hotel i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg M
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I chose this hotel because I had meetings with clinicians at UWash hospitals (although in terms of campuses it is closer to one of the Seattle Uni ones). My only quibbles are that the rooms are a little lacking in the additional extras that are useful (e.g. bottle opener, LAN cable for laptops); since the room had a microwave and fridge some cutlery etc would have been a good idea. Room also a little small.

Service was always great - I didn't make use of the shuttle bus but it goes to the main places you might want to visit. Jimmy's bar/restaurant downstairs was where I had breakfast and sometimes dinner. Nice ambience and clientele.

Good wifi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was here on business and this is only a few blocks from the hospital. There is shuttle service to the hospital and well as a few other limited areas. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room size was adequate, the bed comfortable. We tried to be "green" but our towels were changed anyway so we ended up just using the "do not disturb" sign on the door. My wife tried the spa and pool and I know she enjoyed them both.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Visited the Silver Cloud with my 11-year-old nephew for a few days in August. The boy enjoyed the underground pool immensely.

The rooms were completely satisfactory. The onsite restaurant was fine, but you can do much better nearby. Parking is not a problem, as the hotel has a large, secured underground lot.

The location is great. Within walking distance are many, many great places to eat (Cafe Presse for breakfast is a couple of blocks away, Altura for dinner is about 1 mile down Broadway). Broadway itself is a great street for strolling.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Flint
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

What l liked about this place was, the first day we checked in to the day we checked out, we were greeted with a smile. The staff was awesome. The room was very clean. Well worth it to have the shuttle; the drivers were great and very informative. The only thing we didn't like was the restaurant, nobody greeted you and it took a long time for somebody to take care of you.