“Cloud 10”

Ranked #4 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Nipomo, California
“Cloud 10”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We arrived about 9:30p and front desk personell, especially Jason, were very welcoming. He assured me they were able to grant my request for a specific room location. Room very clean, bathroom great. I liked very much that they had a free shuttle van to take us to different locations and to pick us up also (a generous tip to the very courteous and friendly driver). Restaurant, Jimmy's, in hotel was great (one dinner, two breakfasts). Would stay there again. There are several locations in Seattle, so maybe try another one next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carl Y
ChaunceyDeVitis, General Manager at Silver Cloud Hotel - Seattle Broadway, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Carl Y,
We always love providing a great stay for our guests and am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to mention our team member by name - I will be sure to thank him personally for a job well done. We hope to have you back as a guest here at Broadway but know you will have a great stay with any of our Silver Cloud locations in the great Pacific Northwest.

Thank you again for sharing your review!
Chauncey DeVitis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Arabic first
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Consistently welcomed with a greeting and smile each time we entered the hotel, the staff of Silver Cloud Broardway is warmly professional. As visitors to Seattle from the Midwest, they never tired of our requests for directions or information. Over a period of four days, staff whom we encountered (front desk, cleaning, and maintenance) were unfailingly polite and attentive to our needs. Of special note is front desk employee (Jessica or Jennifer) who appeared to be genuinely distressed about our encounter with panhandlers in downtown Seattle one late evening when the hotel shuttle failed to pick us up at the location a driver had earlier indicated was the precise pick up location. Following our complaint to Jessica/Jennifer, we encountered no further miscommunication with shuttle drivers. The complimentary shuttle is a wonderful feature for visitors. Hotel property and rooms are clean, comfortable, and very well maintained. Staff is simply outstanding. Our stay was associated with an academic conference at Seattle University (directly across the street from the hotel), and we will gladly stay again on our next business or leisure visit to Seattle.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Silicon Valley
Reviewed 19 October 2013

This served as 'home-base' hotel for our wedding weekend, as it is 2 blocks from the Sole Repair Shop event space. I think all of our crew was not only quite satisfied by the staff service, comfort of the rooms, cleanliness, etc. -- but the group rate we got was an excellent price/value for a busy Seattle weekend. The extra $20 overnight parking fee?? That's not so good, but Capital Hill is quite congested. Jimmy's restaurant has okay food, but too pricey for b-fast, so let me suggest walking a few blocks to eat at the Skillet Diner at Union and 14th.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Port Townsend, Washington
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, once for a week while my husband had surgery at Swedish, and again for just one night. Both times I found the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful, and the rooms to be clean and relatively spacious. My last stay I reserved one of the King Suites as I was there with my cousin and it afforded us both space and privacy (main room and bedroom both have TVs and there are two entrances to the bathroom). The shuttle was available to take us to dinner so the location, while a mile away from the waterfront restaurants, isn't an issue. Given the price of the room was more than $100 less than a much smaller room in the Pike Market area, I found it to be a great alternative. And if you are visiting the hospitals (First Hill or Cherry Hill), the location can't be beat. Jimmy's (the restaurant downstairs) has pretty good food and a great bar area to relax in. Self-parking is available in a secured underground garage which is well-lighted. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for a corner room or suite -- lots of windows
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Poulsbo, Washington
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Sept 23rd 2013 we stayed the night because I had hip replacement surgery the next morning at 6am. We picked this place because it is close to Swedish. The rooms are nice enough but there are a couple things we ran into that influenced me in my rating.

1) Courtesy shuttle service does not start until 7am
2) They charge $20 per night to park your car here even if you are a guest

We wound up having to park under the hospital and then walk to the hotel and then walk back in the morning. A painful experience for me.

We'll have to shop around for a hotel that is more accommodating, if there is a next time

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the top floor to avoid the traffic noise from the two main streets this hotel i...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Greg M
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I chose this hotel because I had meetings with clinicians at UWash hospitals (although in terms of campuses it is closer to one of the Seattle Uni ones). My only quibbles are that the rooms are a little lacking in the additional extras that are useful (e.g. bottle opener, LAN cable for laptops); since the room had a microwave and fridge some cutlery etc would have been a good idea. Room also a little small.

Service was always great - I didn't make use of the shuttle bus but it goes to the main places you might want to visit. Jimmy's bar/restaurant downstairs was where I had breakfast and sometimes dinner. Nice ambience and clientele.

Good wifi.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Sioux City, Iowa
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I was here on business and this is only a few blocks from the hospital. There is shuttle service to the hospital and well as a few other limited areas. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room size was adequate, the bed comfortable. We tried to be "green" but our towels were changed anyway so we ended up just using the "do not disturb" sign on the door. My wife tried the spa and pool and I know she enjoyed them both.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business